Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work man. :cool:

DSC_1696.jpg

I found a way to flex the neck forward so he doesn't always have that super upright look. ^^^ I mean, you can of course pose the head tilted forward, but the neck doesn't let you flex forward (especially if you have done the neck mod).

I have that and one other mod I need to post about, and then I think my work is done on this figure.

Nice work man. :cool:

I found a way to flex the neck forward so he doesn't always have that super upright look. I mean, you can pose the head forward, but the neck doesn't let you flex forward (especially if you have done the neck mod).

I have that and one other mod I need to post about, and then I think my work is done on this figure.

Bring it!! I would be interested in that mod as well. Oh and thanks!! :)

The new mod is essentially a two part mod that allows for greater neck articulation while also adding a more realistic slope to the shoulders.

It's a slightly more complicated alternative to the neck mod on page one. :)

The new mod is essentially a two part mod that allows for greater neck articulation while also adding a more realistic slope to the shoulders.

It's a slightly more complicated alternative to the neck mod on page one. :)

Well I've gone this far.... why stop now? :)

neck shortened..shaved a good part of the neck bottom till it almost reach the bottom grommet...I cut the top of the rubber grommet too so technically, it was just a tiny bit lowered but i think it works pretty well

let me take a pic

I cut from the buckle back at a 45 degree angle or thereabouts.

So basically you cut off in the front on an angle so it has give to tilt forward? Am I understanding that right? I see you still have that inner plug piece in the pic. So did you do this mod without doing the shorten neck pod as well? I wonder if your mod with the shorter neck would work the same if the neck sits lower in the socket without that piece.

I prefer the neck with the "inner plug" or "grommet" in place, which is part of the reason I came up with the alternate neck mod.

It's similar to RollongJ's in that the grommet is in place and that some grinding/sanding is involved, but mine is different.

I still have a couple finishing touches to do before I post more about it.

Holly shiet just had time to start going through this thread and this is epic!! A collective effort to make this the ultimate Bat!

Well, the hole in the Sonar neck is larger than the ball joint on the DX12 so I would think you could put a few coats of clear nail polish inside the neck hole to make it a tight fit. I've done that with fitting a standard neck adapter to a slim TT neck ball-joint (which is also small).

If you do, take a pic or two and report back if you can. :duff

Thanks Mags, will def post pics if I find the time to do it!

On a side note, can anyone explain how/what the 'fitting the gauntlet' means or what mod is it referring to? The width?

Cheers!

Back