Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^Oh wow, you went for a really deep black. What color does it say on the paint container, out of curiosity?

Yeah, I like it though. On the shelf, it looks like the ab armor is just floating. It's Ivory Black. I did water it down a little though.

HELP PLEASE!!

My friend is doing the chest mod on his dx12 and is having trouble with the glue. Seems the glue job is really good this time unlike mine that came easily out. When he stated taking out the chest piece that needs to be realign it started to tear. Is there anything that can be done to deal with the glue like Googone or something. We are just wondering if that is safe to use?

^^^ Yikes! :horror

Don't know what to suggest, but Goo Gone sounds like a possibility...

Yeah, I like it though. On the shelf, it looks like the ab armor is just floating. It's Ivory Black. I did water it down a little though.

Weird. I used Ivory Black and it looks totally different. :dunno

thanks! we will try that and hope that there is some success.

Goo gone can be pretty harsh on some materials tho. Not sure what it would do to the carbon fiber detailing if it sat too long. Be extra careful dude!!

I would try to work a tiny flat head along the seams. Gently, slowly, chiseling the glue out, if u will. May take a lot of extra time but worth avoiding a potential reaction to any chemicals if u don't have any spare parts!

Just a thought

So Maglor, which mods do you think are essential?

I'm no maglor, but what I found essential are:

Faceplate. If you got dx02 face plates, sand those bastards down and make them the default expressions.

Gloves/gauntlets. Gloves should be tucked into the gauntlets.

Shoulder plate mod. You don't HAVE to do this, but making them stick closer to the body certainly helps with the overall appearance.

Well..those are pretty much what I did and were what I found to be essential. I don't find the eyes to be a major problem to be honest. IMO, the faceplates are the main issues here and DO affect the entire look.

I'm sure mag has a more substantial list.

Apart from the usual mod

Dx02 faceplate
Painted the eye lids black
Gauntlets opening mod
Gloves mods

I also replaced the uppder parts from the dx02 armor.
So I replaced the shoulders, kevlar connector and collar.

Basically I highlighted in red the parts form the DX02.
I think the shoulder pads looks more in scale and the kevlar connector ar emore accurate.

P1050775-01.jpg

P1050778-01.jpg

P1050775.jpg

P1050774.jpg

P1050776.jpg

P1050778.jpg

P1050782.jpg

:drool:drool:drool

Goo gone can be pretty harsh on some materials tho. Not sure what it would do to the carbon fiber detailing if it sat too long. Be extra careful dude!!

I would try to work a tiny flat head along the seams. Gently, slowly, chiseling the glue out, if u will. May take a lot of extra time but worth avoiding a potential reaction to any chemicals if u don't have any spare parts!

Just a thought

chiseling with a bit of the degluer worked nicely and when i as a bit just s dab on the tip of the prying tool and it came out nicely. Really just a bit to get it going here and there and not a lot. I think it was more the slowly prying that helped but my friends said it was the stuff. we agreed to disagree and agree to on both.

thanks for the help!

So Maglor, which mods do you think are essential?

Faceplate. If you got dx02 face plates, sand those bastards down and make them the default expressions.

Shoulder plate mod. You don't HAVE to do this, but making them stick closer to the body certainly helps with the overall appearance.

Well..those are pretty much what I did and were what I found to be essential. I don't find the eyes to be a major problem to be honest. IMO, the faceplates are the main issues here and DO affect the entire look.

I've been thinking about this a lot, and I'm trying to narrow it down to one or two things... but it's just really hard to say.

It depends on how you feel about permanent mods. If you don't mind cutting, then I still say, cut the gloves, and cut/sand the DX02 neutral face plate (if you have one). The best semi-permenant mod (I almost think of it as "advanced futzing") is to make the shoulder plates look smaller with heat and squeezing, this really makes the head look a lot more in-scale.

If you don't want to do anything that permanently alters the figure, I suggest this:

1) Custom cape.
2) Robbiethepainter's custom BW head face plate. (It will probably look better than the ruined DX02 face plate anyway.)
3) Boot/ankle mod. (Very easy, and a huge improvement.)
4) Half of my alternate neck mod. (I haven't posted instructions on this yet, but it's possible to make the neck look shorter without doing anything to the neck itself.)

Regarding the eyes, painting the lids makes a huge difference IMO, but it's pretty damn scary removing and replacing the PERS.

chiseling with a bit of the degluer worked nicely and when i as a bit just s dab on the tip of the prying tool and it came out nicely. Really just a bit to get it going here and there and not a lot. I think it was more the slowly prying that helped but my friends said it was the stuff. we agreed to disagree and agree to on both.

thanks for the help!

Glad to hear and to help! :hi5:

Regarding the eyes, painting the lids makes a huge difference IMO, but it's pretty damn scary removing and replacing the PERS.

I recall u saying that u put the pers back but the eyes no longer function like the original pers but individually now... Is it possible to put them back exactly as they were Mag?

I recall u saying that u put the pers back but the eyes no longer function like the original pers but individually now... Is it possible to put them back exactly as they were Mag?

I talk about that towards the beginning of the first video in this thread. I intentionally dismantled my PERS because my eyes were crossed. They could be reassembled, as I didn't break or cut anything.

I think you can remove the PERS without separating the eyes.

Ah got it!

I thought they crossed when u tried to put them back as pers and u just said screw it..

I think I may start with this mod today. Thanks

I've been thinking about this a lot, and I'm trying to narrow it down to one or two things... but it's just really hard to say.

It depends on how you feel about permanent mods. If you don't mind cutting, then I still say, cut the gloves, and cut/sand the DX02 neutral face plate (if you have one). The best semi-permenant mod (I almost think of it as "advanced futzing") is to make the shoulder plates look smaller with heat and squeezing, this really makes the head look a lot more in-scale.

If you don't want to do anything that permanently alters the figure, I suggest this:

1) Custom cape.
2) Robbiethepainter's custom BW head face plate. (It will probably look better than the ruined DX02 face plate anyway.)
3) Boot/ankle mod. (Very easy, and a huge improvement.)
4) Half of my alternate neck mod. (I haven't posted instructions on this yet, but it's possible to make the neck look shorter without doing anything to the neck itself.)

Thanks for the help guys.

I'm probably not going to do anything too extreme, so the gloves/gauntlet mod, the boot/ankle mod, neck shortening mod, and eyelid painting.

I'd love to hear more about this!

Last night I did the glove mod, gauntlet mod and one of the most underrated mods to me, the mesh sleeves pulled tight and re-glued. It changes the look of the arms a great deal to me.

Back