Maisto's Custom Accessories and Private Commissions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just listed a Last of Us set of 2 figures with a combination of items from Natchan, Kai and myself. If you are interested check it out at the link.

Custom PS3 PS4 The Last of US Joel and Ellie 12" 1 6 Scale 2 Figure Set | eBay
Set.jpg
Ellie.jpg
JoelSet.jpg

Last edited:
The set looks amazing and I hope mine will look good as yours. :)

Hey you know the backpack for Ellie from Natchan? For the life of me, I can't figure out how to put in the straps. He told me there's holes in the back where the straps goes and I don't see it. Hoping you could be more helpful with that? Thanks

I don't know about a Natchan Ellie backpack. The one I'm using is from Kai. Kai's backpack needed to be drilled.

Yes! I got them two mixed up. What I have is a Kai backpack also. You said it needed to be drilled. Im guessing a dremel? How do you drill it all the way through? What type of drill bit? I'm sorry to be asking questions.

You can use a Dremel grinding bit to make a small opening where you can insert and glue the the included nylon strap. The nylon strap needs to be glued to the shoulder strap. This was really easy to do, but be careful when drilling. Maybe later I can post a pic of the Joel backpack I just completed and painted for a Freak...

Sounds good! I'll keep an eye out for the pictures you post of the Joel backpack. On other hand maybe I could have you do the Ellie backpack for me?

Here are some backpacks I put together and painted for a Freak on these boards. The backpacks are from Kai and need assembly. The shoulder straps need holes Dremeled and the nylon glued into place. You can see the locations in the pictures below. If you would like me to work on your Kai backpack I can, just send me a message.
DSC05445.JPGDSC05446.JPGDSC05447.JPGDSC05448.JPG
The hole is approx 1/4" deep. Once hole is made poor quick set super glue into the hole and install nylon.
DSC05451.JPGDSC05452.JPG
It is best if you glue the nylon to the shoulder straps before you glue the nylon into the hole.
DSC05453.JPG
Same for the Ellie backpack...
DSC05454.JPGDSC05456.JPG
DSC05457.JPGDSC05456 (2).JPG

You did a great job with yours!

I get now what was needed to be done to add the straps to the backpack but I am not skilled enough to drill holes that small and I'm afraid I might make a mistake. I'll PM you about doing the Ellie backpack for me. Thanks!

Thought I would drop some thanks in here to Maisto for being such a huge part of my Leon S. Kennedy custom. He did the shoulder rig with knife/sheath, belt flashlight and the Silver Ghost pistol.

WSrs1QF.jpg

ylEeSrr.jpg

4kCDcgL.jpg

mH4VbVK.jpg

45Fk5gF.jpg

Here are some backpacks I put together and painted for a Freak on these boards. The backpacks are from Kai and need assembly. The shoulder straps need holes Dremeled and the nylon glued into place. You can see the locations in the pictures below. If you would like me to work on your Kai backpack I can, just send me a message.
View attachment 138984

Hello Maisto !
Can you tell me what color/mixes you use to paint Joel's backpack? I'll receive mine next week and i'm going to purchase some paint !
Thanks in advance !

May I ask what do you mean that your bow and 3 arrows aren't available? You meant parts arent available to make it and you'll get the parts soon OR its completely done and there's no more in making those?

May I ask what do you mean that your bow and 3 arrows aren't available? You meant parts arent available to make it and you'll get the parts soon OR its completely done and there's no more in making those?

I ran out of materials and have not had a chance to get more yet. I haven't decided if I'll make anymore at this time.

Hello Maisto !
Can you tell me what color/mixes you use to paint Joel's backpack? I'll receive mine next week and i'm going to purchase some paint !
Thanks in advance !

I used Vallejo paints. The colors that I used are Flat Earth, Saddle Brown, Flat Black, White, Iraqi Sand, chrome. I mixed colors together to get the colors I needed and used some layering techniques, dry brushing and color washing...

Last edited:
Finally had some time to complete some of the many customs I've been needing to finish. Some Walking Dead here. Thanks for looking.
Season 5 Rick - Thanks to WGP and Rahmier Brothers for the great head sculpt.
DSC05597.jpgDSC05589.jpg8.jpg

Season 2 Shane Walsh - Thanks WGP for the great accurate head sculpt. I hope I did it justice.

DSC05674.JPGDSC05675.JPGDSC05676.JPG

I'll have more soon... Thanks for your interest Freaks!

Last edited:
I just finished converting my original shane to "walker shane" curious as to what you did for shane's jacket . That's the only thing I have left to do [emoji4]
9072a8c779d0ea3ccd2f3f8dc49deb19.jpg

are you still doing pieces for Joel?

Yes I still make The Last of Us Accessories.

I just finished converting my original shane to "walker shane" curious as to what you did for shane's jacket . That's the only thing I have left to do [emoji4]

That Zombie Shane turned out great! The jacket is a random one that I added a fur collar to and weathered.

Looks awesome Chris!

Thanks Tony!

Back