KONY 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhere in both sides lies the truth, and as Mike said if they take my money and run its so insignificant to me based on the upside. ??

That is the very definition of ignorance. I may or may not be ripped off, but I don't care. :lol

I also want to add I told TRU no when they recently asked me. Again I like to know where my money is going. It's important to me to "know" my money is going to make a difference as much as I possibly can.

In your earlier example of the guy smoking on the street corner? I would be much more likely to bring him food than give him one cent. That's just me. I will help. I just want to make sure that my help is a contribution to a good cause. Not lining someones pocket.

It's youre damned if you do and damned if up I don't in my opinion. The world hates America because we get involved. Then when we don't we are hated for not. I would like to see more effort put back into fixing problems on American soil. We've helped enough and it's been pretty darn thankless. Now let's help the starving and homeless here.

:goodpost::clap:clap:clap

Close Thread.

I absolutely support America intervening in the case of Kony. While there are people who have it bad here in America, and we should be helping them, there is no one in America taking children from their homes and turning them into soldiers who kill their family and others. There are no buildings full of people sleeping on top of each other because they were run out of their homes and feared being slaughtered. There are no armies running around, killing at will. None of us have any idea what that's like. Ugandans and the other countries affected by this man don't have a means of really helping themselves without the assistance of someone bigger. Yes, America has problems, but just because the bigger monsters are international doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't help.

That's exactly what I wish the US does going forward. Why you would not want to hear other sides nor read other facts is beyond me?

You know what it's not beyond me. It's simple. For the average person emotion will always trump reason. Generally speaking some people are content in their ignorance.

You seem to not understand yourself. Closing the thread makes it impossible to hear both sides.

You seem to be the one not understanding. I never posted to close the thread. I posted a comment in reference to said poster who agreed with my earlier post. You seem to be a black and white thinker. The world doesn't work that way.

You seem to be the one not understanding. I never posted to close the thread. I posted a comment in reference to said poster who agreed with my earlier post. You seem to be a black and white thinker. The world doesn't work that way.

Read post #84 & #85.

:goodpost::clap:clap:clap

Close Thread.

Semper Fidelis. :flag

Read post #84 & #85.

Clearly it is you that cannot comprehend the english language or my post. Post 84 is in reference to an earlier post. Snoop was agreeing with what I said by posting this -- ::goodpost: I replied (knowing Snoop is a former Marine) "semper Fidelis". This means always faithful. As in I will always be faithful to my country (this also references my earlier post). At no point did I agree or to say to shut this thread down. As I said earlier. People agree to be ignorant. They hear what they want and ignore everything else. The fact that I even have to reply to your post and spell everything out like a 2 year old is proof of that.

We already have people over there. :slap

They dont know that. The 30 minute Facebook and YouTube video is all they need to blindly throw money away. According to them it doesn't matter if it actually goes to a good cause or not. Why? Apparently it's the thought that counts.

Clearly it is you that cannot comprehend the english language or my post. Post 84 is in reference to an earlier post. Snoop was agreeing with what I said by posting this -- :exactly: I replied (knowing Snoop is a former Marine) "semper Fidelis". This means always faithful. As in I will always be faithful to my country (this also references my earlier post). At no point did I agree or to say to shut this thread down. As I said earlier. People agree to be ignorant. They hear what they want and ignore everything else. The fact that I even have to reply to your post and spell everything out like a 2 year old is proof of that.

Then why quote his post? Please, enough. You want to be right, OK your right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back