Kato 1/6 Heath Ledger Joker Outfit - Purple Coats Delivery Started

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kato 1/6 Heath Joker Shirt Interest

Oh really? I guess so! Did you ask him to do all of it or asked him if he could do any bits?

I guess the shirt itself is just a matter of overlaying the correctly scaled and coloured pattern/print on his existing shirt template, with perhaps some adjustment of the collar which seems a little different on heath's joker shirts to a normal collar.

He did say he was extremely busy and as I mentioned, this would only get going next year on his end.

By the way - did anyone try contacting that company that is doing the 1/3 coats for BobbyC to see if they can do them in 1/6?

Yes i did buddy and they declined as they could not work in 1/6 scale :(

Out of curiosity, why go for the shirt first and not the coat?

Oh ok :) I for one would more like to see a cool purple coat that's thinner than the ones we have.

Oh ok :) I for one would more like to see a cool purple coat that's thinner than the ones we have.

Yes absolutely however i know what void is talking about, i think the shirt bothers me the most also but i do want a better overcoat!!!

Plz plz plz Kato make that happen

I contacted Kato about the Joker gear about two weeks back and he said he could definitely not do any of it.

Guess he changed his mind.

No. Just the guy who asked him has changed. :lol:1-1:

@ topic: Im not sure... Spending 130 $ for a 1/6 shirt... I could get 3 for myself in 1/1... As much as I admire Katos work I dont see this for me. Of course I would be willing to change my mind if I could see a proto before. Are there pics of the other shirts yet?

Last edited:

I contacted Kato about the Joker gear about two weeks back and he said he could definitely not do any of it.

Guess he changed his mind.

Hi..

1. I cannot consider yr commission since you want to make just only one sets for you alone... I cannot make it or it will be unaffordable to most people including you :exactly:

2. I just replied you that I won't accept any new commission until next year. :lecture

Kato

No. Just the guy who asked him has changed. :lol:1-1:

@ topic: Im not sure... Spending 130 $ for a 1/6 shirt... I could get 3 for myself in 1/1... As much as I admire Katos work I dont see this for me. Of course I would be willing to change my mind if I could see a proto before. Are there pics of the other shirts yet?

It doesn't matter if you would like to put yr 1/1 shirt on yr figure:lol

I hv made 3 different shirts already, you may hv a look :wave

I'm always up for making Heath's joker as good as possible, but like the BobbyC sculpt I am priced out. $130 for just the shirt seems a little too steep for something that -unless you love the interrogation set up- will only be seen collar up.

I'm interested but it's pretty steep! I'd rather pay that type of money for an accurate(r) purple coat, that you see most of all. 130 seems pretty dear for something that you only see the collar on (unless of course, you are interrogation spec)

I'm interested but it's pretty steep! I'd rather pay that type of money for an accurate(r) purple coat, that you see most of all. 130 seems pretty dear for something that you only see the collar on (unless of course, you are interrogation spec)

I honestly dont see how you can improve on HT's coat? asides from changing the lining from red to orange?

I'm having second thoughts about the shirt. $130 with an initial $200 deposit seems a lot to me, especially since you will only see the collar of the shirt once it has the rest of the stuff on. :dunno

What about making just the colar and a bit more of the shirt and bring the price down for those that dont want to pay the full amount? and make a full shirt for those that want it

Ok how about this - I'll ask Kato if he can do the coat first and how much that would be

Will give you guys an update

I honestly dont see how you can improve on HT's coat? asides from changing the lining from red to orange?

There's a number of inaccuracies.

- The lining
- The HT coat has 3 tails - the actual one has 4
- The HT coat material is much too thick and fluffy looking as opposed to the real version
- THe cut of the lapels is not entirely screen accurate

I'm sure Lforigno has an even more extensive list of inaccuracies as he as been working closely with BobbyC on developing a super accurate coat for his 1/3 joker

Haha yes Chris - plenty of time to save $130 odd. And your Bobby Joker will be grateful for the better shirt :)

So we're 50% there for this.

Still waiting for Kato to get back to me regarding possible purple coat commission.

Back