Kato 1/6 Heath Ledger Joker Outfit - Purple Coats Delivery Started

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So happy that our project has resulted in Hot Toys recognizing Kato's immense talent and bringing his Joker outfit to the masses :yess: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Also, i've just agreed with Kato that we will be providing signed Certificates of Authenticity to the owners of his handmade outfits. Will get in touch with those on the list in due course :wave

:goodpost::clap

whats the difference between the kato hot toys version and this version - i assume the quality is superior for the ones being offered on the boards?

Pretty sure this will be the case. Check out the earlier versions of the HT costume. They are great but sometimes the details are not 100% such as the buttons position or little stitching errors. You wont get that with Kato. Nevertheless this is a perfect and affordable alternative for everyone! I bet Arian is running circles in his room this very moment! Very happy for guys like him who admire Katos work as much as we but werent able to get on board. :rock
I can imagine that the pants will become different... But its only a guess...

Edit: yes they are. Check out the upper right, you can see a belt at the pants...

So is there a difference between the 2.0 joker clothes and the one Kato is selling separately, or if he is still selling them?

So is there a difference between the 2.0 joker clothes and the one Kato is selling separately, or if he is still selling them?

Not sure if he's still selling them actually, not asked.

The main differences
- HT has a different shirt, more gray than purple and a different fit for the new body they are using for DX11.
- The Kato custom version is hand made by him. So the stitching etc will probably be a lot cleaner than the HT which will be factory made

We will only know the extent of the differences once the DX11 actually comes out, so I can't tell you yet if the materials will be inferior in any way to the handmade one.

I need to sand down forearms on a slim, so for those that sanded the biceps, did you have to use any sort of specific grit?

There's probably less material to work with on the forearm, so I don't want to screw it up.

Hey man sorry didn't get to your PM!

I don't think you need to sand the forearms - just the biceps and triceps, I just got a pack of 3-4 different types of sandpaper and just went to town on it. :lol

It took maybe half an hour to get it done

Hey man sorry didn't get to your PM!

I don't think you need to sand the forearms - just the biceps and triceps, I just got a pack of 3-4 different types of sandpaper and just went to town on it. :lol

It took maybe half an hour to get it done

Sorry, this was a mini-hijack because I figured the thread was quiet enough for that to not be a total **** move.

I did a body swap on the SSC Fett, and one of the gauntlets doesn't want to fit over the forearm.

But as long as the paper isn't too specific, I'll just use what seems to work.

Sorry, this was a mini-hijack because I figured the thread was quiet enough for that to not be a total **** move.

I did a body swap on the SSC Fett, and one of the gauntlets doesn't want to fit over the forearm.

But as long as the paper isn't too specific, I'll just use what seems to work.

Hey Coke *sniff nose*, get some grit of 100, 200 and 400... The 400 is really fine and will produce a ultra nice smoothness on the arms. They have some quality sheets at the local Home Depot. (use the 100 and 200 to take layers off quickly)

Use water whenever sanding with rubber or plastic and that will also help. Sometimes I even go to a Autozone and get the metal sandpaper which is really fine, I believe it's finer than 400 grit and water with that type works really well also.

Ski :1-1:

Hey Coke *sniff nose*, get some grit of 100, 200 and 400... The 400 is really fine and will produce a ultra nice smoothness on the arms. They have some quality sheets at the local Home Depot. (use the 100 and 200 to take layers off quickly)

Use water whenever sanding with rubber or plastic and that will also help. Sometimes I even go to a Autozone and get the metal sandpaper which is really fine, I believe it's finer than 400 grit and water with that type works really well also.

Ski :1-1:

Thanks. :hi5:

I'll pick up some of each, in case the 400 isn't doing it. I'm not worried about appearance, obviously, but somewhat smooth would be helpful to avoid potential wear on the cloth.

Back