Iron Man Arc Reactor Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how come the one ones on ebay has those ugly wires sticking out while this one doesnt?

Haha.. That's because I didn't attach the dummy wires at the back.. In the movie, the wires weren't connected when the arc reactor was on the base when Pepper gave it to Tony, so I didn't connect it on the replica as well.. I think it looks better without the wires. Plus, it was difficult to put the acrylic cover over the top with the wires attached, so I decided not to connect the wires for display. The wires are easy to attach and remove, so no worries..

Haha.. That's because I didn't attach the dummy wires at the back.. In the movie, the wires weren't connected when the arc reactor was on the base when Pepper gave it to Tony, so I didn't connect it on the replica as well.. I think it looks better without the wires. Plus, it was difficult to put the acrylic cover over the top with the wires attached, so I decided not to connect the wires for display. The wires are easy to attach and remove, so no worries..

so the wires are just dummy?

I dont understand, since there werent any wires at all in the movie. So can this thing lights up without those visible ugly wires then?

so the wires are just dummy?

I dont understand, since there werent any wires at all in the movie. So can this thing lights up without those visible ugly wires then?

Yes, they can light up without the wires as you can see from my photos I posted before..

And yeah, the wires are dummy wires. I guess they wanted to make the reactor look like how it looked when Pepper pulled it out from Tony's chest.. It had the wires protruding out at the back when she removed it from Tony's chest..

As far as I can tell, the light on the arc reactor is supposed to be shining through to the back as well at where the battery cover is on the replica, but I guess it isn't possible to do that on the replica as the back is where the battery compartment is, hence the cover.

And lastly, the metal stand is bigger in diameter on the real prop but is smaller and thinner on the replica...

This is the real prop from the movie >>>

Here, you can see that some light is shining through behind the arc reactor (as reflected on the glass case). >>>

And here you can see that the stand holding the arc reactor is bigger than the one on the replica.. >>>

But those minor differences doesn't take away the fact that its still the coolest looking replica on display right now at my place :clap

Thanks man! those differences are so insignificant. Still a very cool looking prop

I got one a few monthsago and found some quality control issues with it. The display post needs to be secured to the base with 2 screws...the base is cheap wood, so the provided screws would not hold in their pilot holes, they were too large it was like they were stripped out. I had to find two small brass screws with more bite to secure it.
The one above looks cool lit up, though I wouldn't know. Mine has never worked, the battery compartment is junk. The 4 AA batteries go in and don't come out, the fit and design is unnecessarily tight. And I can't get good contact for it to work.
I keep meaning to email the manufacturer about a replacement though I have no real expectations as I understand they had several QC issues on their Mark III helmets. Nice enough to keep as a display piece, but still a let down.
-MACHone

Great piece, congrats on that.
Maybe I´ll get the HT MArk II sometime and there´s a miniture with it, cause this one´ to exensive I think.
But a great looking piece...

Yes, they can light up without the wires as you can see from my photos I posted before..

And yeah, the wires are dummy wires. I guess they wanted to make the reactor look like how it looked when Pepper pulled it out from Tony's chest.. It had the wires protruding out at the back when she removed it from Tony's chest..

That actually makes me more interested in getting it. I didn't like looking at those wires.

I got one a few monthsago and found some quality control issues with it. The display post needs to be secured to the base with 2 screws...the base is cheap wood, so the provided screws would not hold in their pilot holes, they were too large it was like they were stripped out. I had to find two small brass screws with more bite to secure it.
The one above looks cool lit up, though I wouldn't know. Mine has never worked, the battery compartment is junk. The 4 AA batteries go in and don't come out, the fit and design is unnecessarily tight. And I can't get good contact for it to work.
I keep meaning to email the manufacturer about a replacement though I have no real expectations as I understand they had several QC issues on their Mark III helmets. Nice enough to keep as a display piece, but still a let down.
-MACHone

Pretty much the same thing my buddy said. Which is why I never bothered picking one of these up.
I ordered Museum replicas wolverine claws last year. When I got them I thought they were complete junk. They were wobbly and didnt sit stright on the plaque. They were also super thin and didnt look anything like wolverines claws in the movie. I sold them the very next day. I get the impression Museum replics doesnt really pride itself on quality products.

Chris

-MACHone

Oh.. I'm so sorry to hear your bad experience with the replica. I haven't had any problems with mine and the screws fit perfectly into the base to hold the stand steadily. I tested mine to make sure it lit up at the shop where I got it from. Do take note that it won't light up properly without the battery cover screwed in. Just sliding the battery compartment into the back of the arc reactor will not have it to light up properly, you have to screw it with the other cover to hold the battery compartment in place so it'll light up. As you can see, I have no problems with mine lighting up. This in fact is my second item from Windlass Studios (Museum Replicas). My other replica is the X-Men Cyclops Visor that they made a couple of years back >>> https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=3810&ref=search0109

And guys, here is a review on YouTube to show the Arc Reactor replica.... >>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E7VhnXly40

Last edited:
Just want to chime in too. Agree that the wood base feels kinda cheap but the arc itself is first class.

I'm not sure how the other guys put in the battery holder but there is a groove that needs to be aligned for it to go in.

Will take some pics of it when i get home tonight. :D

ok. pics as promised. If you are on the fence about getting this, i vote buy it. For the price, its a bargain.

Again, apologies for the poor photos. Best i can do with a point and shoot :p

DSC01354.jpg

DSC01355.jpg

DSC01357.jpg

DSC01358.jpg

^^^ Nice photos! Lights up nice and bright there!

Did you manage to cover it with the plexiglass cover with the wires attached to the arc reactor? No matter how many times I tried on mine, I'm always having difficulty placing the plexiglass in position when the wires are attached..

^^^ Nice photos! Lights up nice and bright there!

Did you manage to cover it with the plexiglass cover with the wires attached to the arc reactor? No matter how many times I tried on mine, I'm always having difficulty placing the plexiglass in position when the wires are attached..

yes, but the plexi-glass is ugly and since i have it displayed in a glass shelf, its been relegated to a elevated stand :lol

ok. pics as promised. If you are on the fence about getting this, i vote buy it. For the price, its a bargain.

Again, apologies for the poor photos. Best i can do with a point and shoot :p

Oh man, I am so poisoned by you guys. :slap:gah:
Great pics and thanks for sharing. :hi5:

Oh man, I am so poisoned by you guys. :slap:gah:
Great pics and thanks for sharing. :hi5:

Watch the first movie again and skip to the scene when Pepper gives the gift of his "heart" to Tony... You'd be more poisoned and then I'm pretty sure you would want that for yourself too.... The closest you can have to it, is this replica of course :lol

It was poison indeed that I actually pre-ordered it today! That's such a great movie replica one should have! Can't wait...

Back