I just won the Weta Halo Competition!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!Congratulations Lonnie on such a super kickass prize!Once in a lifetime for sure! I was the guy with you up on the stage at the SDCC Freaks party last year.You let me have the Greivous PF...but you got the Doom PF! And now this prize?! Damn-you are lucky!:D

Lonnie,
I am so happy for you that I am completely speechless! :monkey1

dance52.gif
dance52.gif

dance52.gif
dance52.gif

I probably won't go until around March of 2009, so it's going to be a long wait until then! :monkey2

Thanks everyone.

Congrats Lonnie, that's a wicked trip! I've always wanted to go to NZ and visit the sites used in Dead Alive...

One weird question, have you gotten the full value of the trip yet? The taxes on that are going to be a ^^^^^! :monkey5

I just saw this! That's a fantastic prize, but only return from NZ? They don't pay for you to get there?

(j/k)

Definitely take lots of pics!

Cheeeez, thats onehelluva result, well done.
I've never been but my wife loved NZ. Do you have a tight itinerary (sorry, that sounded rather personal), what I meant to say is will you have a packed scedule... no that sounded wrong as well, do you get to tour around at all?

lonnie wins everything i swear. from this forum, to statueforum, to sideshow, to weta..... geez

I just received an email letting me know I was one of the winners in the Weta Halo 3 Competition!!! I still can't believe it!

Here is what I won...

Two lucky winners will receive:

• Return flight to New Zealand from the USA with Air New Zealand
  • VIP tour of the Academy Award winning Weta Workshop and the new Weta Cave
  • Ride in Weta's real life Warthog
  • Try the guns and props Weta made for the Halo 3 short films
  • A brand new Xbox 360, a Halo 3 game and bag full of Halo 3 merchandise
  • FREE stay at the luxury boutique hotel Ohtel in Wellington
  • Pilot a Boeing 777 flight simulator with instruction from a senior Air New Zealand pilot

I have to get a Passport now... this will be my first trip out of the US! :banana

Jesus, that is obscenely awesome! I know people who would have killed for that opportunity! Granted... I'm not far behind! ;) Way to go, man! Be sure to take plenty of pics!

Hey Lonnie, Adam told me you won this trip and we too both said "LONNIE WINS EVERYTHING!" :rotfl

I am so happy and excited for you!! Congratulations!! :chew

March will be here before you know it so get moving on that passport! And of course there will be a mandatory meeting of Austin SS Freaks when you get back, showcasing your home movies of the trip! :banana

...One weird question, have you gotten the full value of the trip yet? The taxes on that are going to be a ^^^^^! :monkey5

The rules listed the value of the prize package at $4000; I don't know how much of it I will have to pay taxes on and what the rate will be, so I'm hoping it won't be too bad.

...Do you have a tight itinerary (sorry, that sounded rather personal), what I meant to say is will you have a packed scedule... no that sounded wrong as well, do you get to tour around at all?

The stay is 3 nights at the hotel so I'm assuming 4 days including the day I fly in and the day I fly out... there is no itinerary yet, as I have to wait on release and affidavit papers from Air New Zealand first.

...March will be here before you know it so get moving on that passport! And of course there will be a mandatory meeting of Austin SS Freaks when you get back, showcasing your home movies of the trip! :banana

I ordered my Birth certificate the next day after receiving the email; I'll do the Passport application within a day or two of receiving the Birth cert!!!

I don't have a movie camera, only a still... I guess I'll need to either buy one or borrow one.

Hello from New Zealand!!!

Just a quick post from my hotel room after a long day of walking around Wellington!

The Weta visit is tomorrow... It is 4 PM on the 6th here. :D

More to come...

Hello from New Zealand!!!

Just a quick post from my hotel room after a long day of walking around Wellington!

The Weta visit is tomorrow... It is 4 PM on the 6th here. :D

More to come...
I forgot to say, "Have a safe trip" the other day Lonnie, good to hear you made it there safely.

Take lots of pics and try to score some free swag for you brothers!! :cool:

Back