Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I painted my cannon from tayler. At first thought I had screwed up the color of the paint but it matched all the armor but the medkit. I went and looked at tayler's pics and his is the same. Is there any reason why the med-kit is more red/purple than all the rest of his armor? I can't find any screencaps where it's clear enough to tell if it's that way in the film. I'm kinda tempted to just repaint it.

IMG_9917 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

You can see the difference better in taylor's pic…
dsc0409ur.jpg

All the did was reuse the old predator 2 med kit they didn't even bother to paint it differently

I was hoping for more from the City Hunter. Overall, it still looks great on display, but I like my Classic better.

Yah. My main problem with the city hunter is his head. It's extremely inaccurate and it bothers me a lot. But if you keep the mask on it looks much better.

The biggest problems with mine are he can't really hold the spear since the hand is open too wide, and his left elbow joint is pretty stuff and I had to heat it up to make sure it wasn't frozen. It moves, but it's a pain in the ***.

This is of little help, but i have found the hand that comes with the Shadow Pred to hold the knife/machette/sword he comes with actually does a great job of holding the spear. Works best along the second to thickest section, but with a little stretching he can hold it along the thick section as well.

I think the hands are also close enough paint wise to the P2 to be usable with the P2.

IMG_9764 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

IMG_9848 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

This is of little help, but i have found the hand that comes with the Shadow Pred to hold the knife/machette/sword he comes with actually does a great job of holding the spear. Works best along the second to thickest section, but with a little stretching he can hold it along the thick section as well.

I think the hands are also close enough paint wise to the P2 to be usable with the P2.

Really like the bio helmet bro! & the custom work you did! :hi5:

he holds it even by the handle.

berserker_helmet_006_zps78661c0d.jpg~original

if only you posted the idea of holding the spear by "metal" section with that hand, i'd purchase shadow hands for my gort, he need self holding hand...

lostclan.jpg

instead i purchased P2 hands and have that famous problem with them.

gort_006_zpsa83170b9.jpg~original

That looks great bro.

Just received this guy today from a fellow member. Kind of an underwhelming figure as far as preds go. Has anyone had the issue of the oxygen mask not fitting in properly and appearing crooked like mine? Any fixes? Anyhow, I figured I would display him battle damaged since I have the Neca 1/4 masked.

3b7f93d66a_zpsb006b73c.jpg

That's awesome, ded. Might have to do that for sure. Have you ever considered taking commissions for custom pred stuff? I can't stop looking at pics of your Shadow, I definitely wouldn't mind having mine spruced up a bit!

Thanks, glad you dig it. I don't do custom work for hire as it's a hobby thing for me, something I specifically picked up to be a hobby given my other hobbies became my job.

Thanks, glad ya dig it. There's a bunch more pics in the thread for it as well as some details shots of the paint on the helmet which I am rather happy with. I used to hate painting, especially with acrylics that dry quickly and don't blend for **** but I think I have gotten pretty good at doing soft gradients and fades using a variety of techniques.

Back