Figuremaster Les' Figural Fabrications

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Perfection eh/ Glad to know someone thinks that.
Why? Because I owe one member here a huge apology, that's why.

Wanna see some Non-Perfection!?!?!

I know I am late on a lot of work. You all know that. Most of you know why. It is not all my doing. I have been, and still am in, one of the worst periods of my life. Worst. I am making decisions about my Mom that guts me every day. I have personally been to the doctor about my own stresses and have high blood pressure it seems over it. It has always been the Ma angle that has had me so frustrated. I want to state that. Ma and family is more important to me than my work or anything else. That is what has me so stressed, not the work.

But, the work, the painting, I love what I do. I am fortunate to be able to do it. I have had the opportunity to do work for so many members here, and so many others outside, and have made a lot of real, true friends in the doing. And you all have been at my side. You helped me get my Mom a recliner chair, and that is more than above the call of duty.

Why do I say all this, because I must admit, I am fallable. I make mistakes. I am not a machine. If I were, this wouldn't have happened:

DENIROa.jpg

It is my too hasty paint of the awesome Andy sculpted Robert Deniro head for a member here.
And that member is PO'd and rightly so. It is sloppy, and not my best work.
I take full responsibility for it also. For the record, I am offering to redo it for free, as it was an added gift head for my being late anyway, but I must redo this thing. I hope he will let me.

This is one I did some time back, same headsculpt, just so you can see that I can paint it...

DENIROb.jpg

I CAN paint it. I have. I just thought I could do it fast, and get it quickly out to the customer, to make them happy, because I am behind on his work. I thought I owed him that. Seems my rush only exacerbated the problem.

See why I try not to rush? Not to push. I can, and have, sometimes it doesn't matter and things come out great. Most times, it works out.

Issues like this however are a bother to me at present, because I am going through some very tough and personally stressful times. I am embarrassed at that work. I do not want to repeat that kind of finish. And I will make good on it if the customer will allow me to.

Now, bear in mind that I do not paint for such extreme closeups but for the naked eye, and if you got in REALLY, REALLY tight, on most of my paints, you would see flaws. I do not use an airbrush, so sometimes my blends are not perfect. Sometimes irises are not perfectly round. But I am proud that most always you can't tell if it's airbrushed or not.

And, I can do better than this last travesty. Why I let it go is a mystery. I wanted more in the box of stuff to this client. I wanted more done, to makeup for having waited so long. I made an error. A bad one.
So, this is an open apology to the member, for less than stellar work. It is beneath me and him.

Many of you have said that the wait is worth it. Well, I hope so. I pray so.
I am making some new rules on myself. NO MORE WORK LIKE THAT SHIPPED EVER! I know better. Even stressed, I know better.
So, if you wait, it will be worth it. Even if you have waited a long time.

So....that is my proof that I am not perfect. I do make mistakes. And, I do paint sloppy sometimes. And even have sent it out. Gads! :banghead

If nothing else, this can give hope to others here that paint their own heads, that their works can be improved. There is always room for that, even for so-called masters.

So...off I go BACK TO WORK! I have more coming.

And again, to the member in question, I humbly apologize.
I feel I owe him this. And to anyone else that waits.....I will not rush your work.

Thanks. :bow

Les, take your time. You blood pressure is bad enough with the family stuff going on.

We all need to keep in mind what he is going through. I'm going through rough times myself, and I completely understand.

everybody makes mistakes !. It happens !. Don't worry about it bro !. I would presume none of us are in a rush to get our heads. I'm not anyway. As you have said you yourself don't like it when you feel your work is rushed. When its rushed and you don't like it , its not really " your " work so to speak.
You have alot of personal problems going on right now and your kind enough to be honest and let us know how things are and why things may be delayed.
Reading this I for one am not bothered how long my heads take to be painted. I know they will get done .
I would like to think no one would want you to rush and I definitely don't , as much as I'm anticipating receiving the things I have on order with you , the heads are my last concern with all the stuff you have going on right now.
I knew you had alot of problems and still sent you the Jean Reno sculpt off , I knew I would have to wait a while but I didn't care because your work is phenomenal.

And if the first head sucks... I don't even know how to describe my painting... :lol:lol

Keep up the awesome work Les and look after yourself bro ! :rock

the head will turn up when the head turns up............faced with so many other life challenges at the moment I am more than happy to wait........

Hang in there Les you are a top guy doing a top job...........:peace

Les, take your time. You blood pressure is bad enough with the family stuff going on.

We all need to keep in mind what he is going through. I'm going through rough times myself, and I completely understand.

agreed and same here. plus to be honest me painting on my best day couldn't even live up to what you consider bad.

Great post, Les... I've been there, as you know, and we have had many conversations about the pressure of the job. I hope the meds work as well, you need to relieve as much tension as you can. In the end, it will help your work too.

You're a great friend and an amazing artist, I just hope that things pick up in your life soon.. When it does, daylight and good times will come back with a vengeance. We'll raise a beer together and laugh when we talk about that "Bad Year" that pushed you to your limits. I hope that day comes soon, bro. :duff

I know I am late on a lot of work. You all know that. Most of you know why. It is not all my doing. I have been, and still am in, one of the worst periods of my life. Worst. I am making decisions about my Mom that guts me every day. I have personally been to the doctor about my own stresses and have high blood pressure it seems over it. It has always been the Ma angle that has had me so frustrated. I want to state that. Ma and family is more important to me than my work or anything else. That is what has me so stressed, not the work.

As it should be Les. I don't think anyone would disagree with that.

Just relax as much as possible and paint when you can, what you can. Absolutley no rush. Like others have said, you are worth the wait. I still am in awe of Josh's Joker you painted for me, and the Lil' Ledger too! You are definately worth the wait! :rock

Dude, that paint job is not that bad! When you magnify something that much, mistakes show up ten fold. Probably looks great in person, in the correct scale and context. And a free paint job on a free head? If the guy were just not completely satisfied, I could understand that. But PO'ed? Seems the guy is going abit overboard.

Thanks guys. I still can do better, but thanks. I appreciate that.

I will be out of reach for a few days. I am trying to work out a home for my Mom now. My family and I are entrenched in a lot of stuff, and it is stressful and ongoing. Your prayers and wishes are appreciated.

I will be painting still. Hey, IT'S ME! I have to do some work, as I just have to. So, an update with many heads is soon. But yeah, with this Ma thing going on now, I just can't concentrate much to post and look around and be all joy joy at present. I will be back though. I am not stressed out, thanks to all the support I have been getting lately, and I am not worried about catching up, or being back in my stride soon. All that will happen again! :rock

But I just need to catch up with all this, and deal with it some, and not be trying to see what is up here and email and all. You get me I know.
By Monday I should have some info, and maybe that really good update. I will still be working on Reeve heads, for those that have not paid yet, I will be casting only those paid for.
Jokers, are pretty much closed, and cast up. I should have the final variant head for your choices up soon also. Then, I will start work on those in waves of a few at a time, so that they don't take so long. Same with Bales.

Hicks, and all the ALIENS relateds are still in,. let's call it very advanced progress, and will post soon. The Ripleys and Vasquez and a lot of other loose heads are all due first up, then Hicks, then some body guys, then Bales, and as I say, Jokers as I go.
ALIENS, Predators, (and helms....) and other full body works are started also.
Once caught up I will be changing up how I do all this, and am considering some things about repaints. Not sure my future on that yet. But, I remain optimistic that I can work it out where it's better for me and you guys in future.

Again, you guys rock. Thanks for all the support and emails. This has been THE TOUGHEST TIME OF MY LIFE, so to be going through it and not feeling alone, is priceless to me. Thanks so much.

I'll be back soon hopefully with good news and lots more work.
Thanks guys. Keep 'em rockin'! :rock
Les

Sorry to hear that things aren't going smoothly Les. You have my thoughts and prayers.

On a side note, that paint up didn't look that bad at all. infact, it looked pretty good.
Also, take your time on work, I'm in no rush, and I'm sure others aren't either.

Take care of yourself Les!

I don't think there's an artist out there who can't sympathize with the pressure of being behind and trying to catch up to keep clients happy. And I can't even imagine going through that with all of your current stresses. You're a trooper, man!

Trev

i didn't want to post this at first, Les has enough to deal with at the moment.

However, since quite a few have chimed in, i have decided to put my 2 cents worth.

I think Les is pretty big to come out and say that he felt he did not deliver what he thought he should have.

Sure, the head isn't terrible. However, it should not be forgotten that this is not anyone we are talking about. Its Les and i believe he wants ALL his work to be a reflection of the high standards HE imposes on himself.

A workman who keeps to his exacting standards is the one who will excel. I think Les is trying his best to do that and keep himself true.

Whether its paid or free is beside the matter.

Les, you're a great guy and a gifted artist. You have my support and respect for your honesty.

james.

Last edited:
You are a very strong individual Les, never think otherwise... to balance your life with your passion and to persevere through the hard times and still turn out the amazing things you do is phenomenal... And remember, there is no harder critic than yourself! As long as painting remains your passion and doesn't become "work"! Hang in there my friend:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back