Figuremaster Les' Figural Fabrications

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I e-mailed you last night Les. I'll keep this short, since I said most everything to you in the e-mail.

You know you've always got my support my friend! :D I'm always an e-mail or phone call away.

"VBR"

Mike

Les,

The inspiration and joy you've given us by sharing your work cannot be measured and you will probably never know how much fun you give us.

Keep up the great work. I think we all look forward to your updates weather they are personal or professional.

Look forward to seeing more of your work whenever it appears!!!

Jeff

Les Walker said:
Wanna see some Non-Perfection!?!?!

DENIROa.jpg

This is one I did some time back, same headsculpt, just so you can see that I can paint it...

DENIROb.jpg

Yeah.. compared to the other head it IS pretty crappy. People will tell you differently. People will support you and your work and tell you "it's not that bad" etc. but I'm not one of those people because like you, I'm a perfectionist. I understand 100% Les. It doesn't matter what other people think.. I can tell even if that customer would've loved that paint job YOU yourself would've STILL BEEN irked about it. Right?

I know. Things like that irk me too. Even if no one else catches it, even if everyone thinks it's great. YOU see ALL the flaws and errors. Flaws and errors most people would never spot. It's a personal standard. If I am not completely satisfied with my work it doesn't matter how much people praise it.. it will always annoy me. The worst is when someone DOES spot a flaw/error. Right? Because YOU know you didn't produce your best work to begin with.

Being a perfectionist with a high personal standard + high Blood pressure is NOT a good combination though!!! You need to remember your health comes first. You have a lot going on family wise (I know about that, trust me. 2005-2006 was brutal for me) so the last thing you need is to add to that chaos with "work" related stress. I wish you and your family the best of luck Les.

A. To be fair the head in question needs to have a pic that's not so up close in personal. You can look at your own head in a magnified mirror and it looks that bad.

B. The fact that it was a free paint job on a free head and someone had the nerve to complain about it is absurd.

Les being a perfectionist and honest is great, but to have someone complain about something they didn't ask for or pay for takes a very special individual.

A. To be fair the head in question needs to have a pic that's not so up close in personal. You can look at your own head in a magnified mirror and it looks that bad.

B. The fact that it was a free paint job on a free head and someone had the nerve to complain about it is absurd.

Les being a perfectionist and honest is great, but to have someone complain about something they didn't ask for or pay for takes a very special individual.

Not to clog Les' thread.. (Les if you want I'll delete this later, no problem) but you're not seeing the full picture. Step away from this board, away from Les, away from your admiration of his skill and craft. Now imagine in your normal life you pay for let's say a TV. And the manufacturer keeps delaying the shipment, for numerous reasons. But you stay faithful.. you don't waiver. You stay loyal. Then after weeks/months/whatever the manufacturer finally ships out your TV.. and they include a free gift, as a token of their appreciation for you being so patient and understanding. Now imagine getting your TV and realizing that the free gift, you know the one that's suppose to symbolize "a token of appreciation for you being so patient and understanding" is something that's completely worthless.. TO YOU.

"one mans garbage is another mans treasure"

Maybe someone else would feel like that free gift was great. But for YOU it was garbage. Now remember, being completely unbiased and real, are you telling me you wouldn't feel like that was a slap in the face!? This wasn't something Les just decided to send to some random person for the hell of it. In that case, yes I would say complaining would be 100% ungrateful. But that isn't the case here. The word "Free" is being misused because that piece wasn't "free" it represented a sign of gratitude from Les to whoever this customer is, for being patient and understanding.

If you can't objectively see that, oh well. I know everyone on here loves Les and is quick to defend him etc. But at least be real and at least see things for what they are.

Les am I wrong?

I guess we'll never know who the ungrateful SOB was , but I hope that he / she feels ashamed that something that meant a lot to Les and his kind gesture to someone who waited patiently for their work , made one of the kindest people on the board feel really bad. Come on ! Doesn't Les have enough to deal with already ?

We don't need this kind of individual in this hobby. There have been too many of these individuals join us lately due to a certain summer movie. Only out for themselves . Les I am honoured to have your fine work in my collection , hell, it is the centrepoint of my collection ! I know a lot of us would have been absolutley gobsmacked to receive something like this from Les.

Sorry for derailing your fine thread Les, but this type of thing really makes my blood boil.

Not to clog Les' thread.. (Les if you want I'll delete this later, no problem) but you're not seeing the full picture. Step away from this board, away from Les, away from your admiration of his skill and craft. Now imagine in your normal life you pay for let's say a TV. And the manufacturer keeps delaying the shipment, for numerous reasons. But you stay faithful.. you don't waiver. You stay loyal. Then after weeks/months/whatever the manufacturer finally ships out your TV.. and they include a free gift, as a token of their appreciation for you being so patient and understanding. Now imagine getting your TV and realizing that the free gift, you know the one that's suppose to symbolize "a token of appreciation for you being so patient and understanding" is something that's completely worthless.. TO YOU.

Maybe someone else would feel like that free gift was great. But for YOU it was garbage. Now remember, being completely unbiased and real, are you telling me you wouldn't feel like that was a slap in the face!? This wasn't something Les just decided to send to some random person for the hell of it. In that case, yes I would say complaining would be 100% ungrateful. But that isn't the case here. The word "Free" is being misused because that piece wasn't "free" it represented a sign of gratitude from Les to whoever this customer is, for being patient and understanding.

If you can't objectively see that, oh well. I know everyone on here loves Les and is quick to defend him etc. But at least be real and at least see things for what they are.

Les am I wrong?

I wouldn't give a rat's ass if the item was garbage or not. I didn't pay for it, ask for it or expect it. It would be cool that they tried to make the gesture. The gesture is what's important. If someone makes you a ^^^^ty gift for Christmas or your birthday you're not going to complain and say this is ^^^^ and I have no use for this, you're going to say awesome, thank you for the thought. The word FREE is not misused, the item was FREE, the GESTURE is a thought and can't be bought. Considering he could have charged for the head and his service, but didn't, means it's FREE. His kind GESTURE is on top of the GIFT that said person had the gaul to complain about. I'm not defending Les at all. His work speaks for itself and if he's not happy with it it's his porogative to fix it. I'm simply stating the fact that whoever ^^^^ted on a GIFT is a ^^^^ty person.

Guys guys, c'mon now. Whatever you know or don't about the transaction and all doesn't matter, in the end what went on between the buyer and Les is their business.

Les is a great guy going through a very tough period in life, he made his post to say to this thread "I'm human, even I mess up," despite the opinions of his loyal following, that's the only reason this was brought to light in here. Let's not let this thread turn into Negativeville, I hate how this board gets and I will not stand by and see Les's thread get that way, he doesn't need to come to his sanctuary thread around her and see this ^^^^.

Support the man, support his work, encourage him, but don't let the personal mudslinging attacks creep in here, we care a lot about the guy, let's give him the support and comfort he needs and work hard to keep the darkness out.

Guys guys, c'mon now. Whatever you know or don't about the transaction and all doesn't matter, in the end what went on between the buyer and Les is their business.

Les is a great guy going through a very tough period in life, he made his post to say to this thread "I'm human, even I mess up," despite the opinions of his loyal following, that's the only reason this was brought to light in here. Let's not let this thread turn into Negativeville, I hate how this board gets and I will not stand by and see Les's thread get that way, he doesn't need to come to his sanctuary thread around her and see this ^^^^.

Support the man, support his work, encourage him, but don't let the personal mudslinging attacks creep in here, we care a lot about the guy, let's give him the support and comfort he needs and work hard to keep the darkness out.

Agreed. Let's not keep talking about this.

Les am I wrong?
it shall be me who puts the nail on the coffin
jjnjjjjjjcopy.jpg

I can understand where Devil_666 is coming from... but look it's free. If i receive something for free i dont really expect it to be perfect. The man is going through a lot as well. If you require a perfect paint job you may as well contact JC Hong for a perfect paint job next time then.

If you search hard enough via google you'll find some other pics of Les paint jobs taken by other people ... I saw these at Mr Fusion's website...

https://mrfusion1138.tripod.com/ima...et=tlx_new&title=Les Walker's amazing repaint

https://mrfusion1138.tripod.com/ima...lderpictures/jmk_superman3.jpg&target=tlx_new

Look every artist wants their work to be presented at the best possible way so pics taken by artist may have gone through a good selection... eg lighting, contrast, saturation etc... so you see the above pics showing paint job in raw full flash revealed a lot.

If you are looking for a good painter you have to do some homework first...No just listen to others comments. Well thats what I do all the time ..
So maybe if you have seen those pics above you may have not commissioned Les for a paint job?

Look into Kuato's paint job next time maybe his style is more suitable for you.

Last edited:
Way to be supportive of one of our resident artists and one of the nicest guys on this board, put down his work and plug someone else's work in his thread, really classy :banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

I thought threads like Les' could be immune to the darkness plaguing this site, but apparently there's nothing sacred here anymore. :sick

I have no idea what's going on, but just going by Xenoviper's post, a flash can make any paint job look terrible. Put JC Hong's latest Joker paint job on a table, and take a full flash pic, and I guarantee it'll look bad too. Painters do not paint head sculpts under light as bright as a flash, and normal people don't live in houses with lighting as bright as a camera flash either.

A full flash picture is not representative of what a product looks like in person unless your eyes have a built in flash.

Last edited:
Lets just keep as civil as we can, folks. Les has been under incredible stress, and he shared this photo with us here to illustrate how much this year has affected his ability to produce the same level of work with EVERY head.

He's human, and as such can be pushed too far. I've seen the effects of what this year has done to him, he's far more stressed than he gives off in this thread. The guy is going through a very very hard time. No one can expect absolute perfection in this situation.

The ugly thing about this business is that customizers get mixed up with actual figure companies in the eyes of some customers... and that expectation can sometimes be a bit overwhelming. Nobody can produce perfect work at all times, it's not an assembly line or an airbrush by numbers. It's art. Art is subject to the emotions and stresses of the artist who is giving the art life. It was a free head, and I am sure Les tried to do good work. He just felt that immense pressure to get it out of his hands and to the hands of his customer, who had been waiting for a year... and had been losing a bit of patience (understandably).

We get behind, and it sucks that we do... we struggle against it all the time. It's hard to do what we do, at the level we do it... and to keep track of everything on top of our normal lives.

Please understand where Les is coming from, and don't add to the negative vibe he already has enough of in his life. :peace

Way to be supportive of one of our resident artists and one of the nicest guys on this board, put down his work and plug someone else's work in his thread, really classy :banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

I thought threads like Les' could be immune to the darkness plaguing this site, but apparently there's nothing sacred here anymore. :sick

Sorry this is me... i like to speak my mind... sometimes pushing freedom of speech to the limit.... I should control myself but anyway... Im a man with no sides... I respect Les as one of the nicest guy who offers excellent paint job services for fellow collectors here.

Lets just look at Devil_666's side without prejudice... Since there are a lot of people appreciate Les work and a lot of great complements goes to Les... If all these great feedbacks of Les paint job lead Devil_666 to commission Les for paint jobs and later found that the painting service didnt live up to the hype then it is perfectly fine to complain but please do it more politely and considering Les situation and what hes going through ... give a man a break.

So basically what i was saying before if Devil_666 didnt like Les paint job ... there are others he can choose from... less waiting time and possibly an alternative painting style that suits him better. Maybe i shouldn't have mentioned other painter's names in the previous post so im sorry for that. I was too excited :chew

The reason why i post those 2 pics of Les paint job in flash (from Mr Fusion website) is not to put Les down (those are just 2 examples of clear and bright pics I could find, maybe those are his old paint jobs i dont know) but since Devil_666 is a man who wants perfectionist paint job (most probably he would like the head sculpt to look perfect even up close) if he happens to see those pics before asking Les to paint the heads + long waiting period then he might of backed out and we wouldnt have this drama~

I have no idea what's going on, but just going by Xenoviper's post, a flash can make any paint job look terrible. Put JC Hong's latest Joker paint job on a table, and take a full flash pic, and I guarantee it'll look bad too. Painters do not paint head sculpts under light as bright as a flash, and normal people don't live in houses with lighting as bright as a camera flash either.

A full flash picture is not representative of what a product looks like in person unless your eyes have a built in flash.

First of all let me clarify this .... Im not a JC Hong fan boy.
But i do know that if you take that particular Joker head he painted recently and take a macro pic with flash on it'll still look good. Not perfect but still look good!

xeno is just speaking his mind guys, I respect both parties and I understand that les is going through alot. I say we all just drop it. but les, with all your problems why bother to still do comissions? if It were me I would have finished all the commissions I had before and refuse to do anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back