ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - Batman Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of inconsistencies. I received my second set of Bats/Joker today. I had my fingers crossed that the cowls were not glossy or warped. I seemed to luck out on my first set. So what did I get?

... The cowls are much less glossy than I have personally seen so far. So very happy about that. Two of them are particularly matte, almost perfect I would say, I mean, not sure if I would even try the dulling paint mod i was gonna try. They just have a tiny bit of sheen to them. I took a couple of pics with my iPhone (so ignore the crap quality, this isn't about photography!), these are straight out of the box, so covered in dust etc..

2-38.jpg
3-35.jpg
1-42.jpg

Looking good right?

So here's were it get very interesting.

The third cowl. The "looking right" cowl.
Texture wise it's a little glossier, about the same as the previous ones I have.
But take a closer look..

4-26.jpg
5-24.jpg
6-19.jpg

..yes, he is looking to the side. His head is turned.

Now this is most likely to be the biggest warped-plastic fluke of all time.

But here's the thing, as you can see around the neck it's not warped there, at all. It's as straight as my others.
But the entire head is looking right, to make the coincidence even more bizarre it matches the direction of the eye look, I mean what are the chances?:lol
:horror:dunno

I guess I should start *****ing about EB QC..but this time I'm happy about it. :lol

Last edited:
Dont let the images fool you, due to figures sheen and material, this thing is sometimes tricky to get a true perspective on how it can look in-hand which is why most people were bothered by the contrast between the cowl and body. In-hand, its not much of an issue at all and blends well, the gauntlet though needs to be glossier.
It may appear to have a nice sheen in that pic but it can definitely use some gloss application.

Got it :D I gotta start looking for Tamiya gloss coat.

Can does anyone remember the member who posted a diagram of the belt mod? I can't seem to find it in the thread.

That's actually pretty cool!

I agree, that head turn "fluke" is actually pretty cool. I hope I get one of those. :lol

Got it :D I gotta start looking for Tamiya gloss coat.

Can does anyone remember the member who posted a diagram of the belt mod? I can't seem to find it in the thread.

me, here you go... although you won't need a diagram when you have it in hand. very obvious and simple. It's just a case of extending the back with some thread or wire.

ScreenShot2012-08-05at182917.png

That's actually pretty cool!

I'm actually very amused by this, you couldn't actually sculpt a better "cowl restricted" head turn for bats. It's perfectly warped plastic (I think?).
Even the adam's apple is in the right place.
:lol

3-36.jpg

2-39.jpg

1-43.jpg

(and yes, I recommend a white cotton modellers glove for handling black, oil sensitive, plastic).

2-40.jpg
1-44.jpg

Last edited:
me, here you go... although you won't need a diagram when you have it in hand. very obvious and simple. It's just a case of extending the back with some thread or wire.

ScreenShot2012-08-05at182917.png

I've done this on mine (thank Rorywan) and I know you can't see it but it bothers me knowing that it's there. We need someone to make some extra belt sections to add on (inaccurate I know, may have a go myself) and I'd feel better about it. Just my OCD kicking in!

5-24.jpg

..yes, he is looking to the side. His head is turned.

Now this is most likely to be the biggest warped-plastic fluke of all time.

:lol That's awesome.

Wonder if a straight looking cowl could be moded to look like that.

(and yes, I recommend a white cotton modellers glove for handling black, oil sensitive, plastic).

2-40.jpg

I just wouldn't be able to bring myself to do that... especially not on camera. :lol

:lol That's awesome.

Wonder if a straight looking cowl could be moded to look like that.

I just wouldn't be able to bring myself to do that... especially not on camera. :lol

Not a Jackson fan then, Maglor?

I've done a lot of worse things on camera.. :slap

:rotfl

(Actually someone I know who works in jewelry bizz gave it to me, it was it's maiden voyage, possibly it's last. Unless I get another then I can do great "jazz hands")

I've done this on mine (thank Rorywan) and I know you can't see it but it bothers me knowing that it's there. We need someone to make some extra belt sections to add on (inaccurate I know, may have a go myself) and I'd feel better about it. Just my OCD kicking in!

If these things get broken up on ebay I will def buy another belt and deconstruct it. Pretty easy I would say.

That is just crazy Rory!

Congrats on your defective cowl. :hi5:

Thanks! (I think).

Last edited:

That is pretty crazy/fortunate with the cowl warping. :lol

Am I seeing a QC issue in this picture though? It looks like the blood vessel detail in the right eye (our left) is continuing into the area of the iris. Looks weird....

Not a Jackson fan then, Maglor?

I've done a lot of worse things on camera.. :slap

:rotfl

(Actually someone I know who works in jewelry bizz gave it to me, it was it's maiden voyage, possibly it's last. Unless I get another then I can do great "jazz hands")

If these things get broken up on ebay I will def buy another belt and deconstruct it. Pretty easy I would say.

Ditto, but I can't see that happening any time soon. Not until quite a few more 1/4 figures are produced (already started looking though)

That is pretty crazy/fortunate with the cowl warping. :lol

Am I seeing a QC issue in this picture though? It looks like the blood vessel detail in the right eye (our left) is continuing into the area of the iris. Looks weird....

Nah mate, there are tiny lines in the iris decals of all the sculpts, it actually looks a bit crazy up close, but from a few inches away it looks great. Most of the time you can't see it because its reflecting light. EB have a strange way of painting eyes. Looks great on 1/6th figures, I think it could be a little better on 1/4, but not a problem on these figures due to the nature of them.

Nah mate, there are tiny lines in the iris decals of all the sculpts, it actually looks a bit crazy up close, but from a few inches away it looks great. Most of the time you can't see it because its reflecting light. EB have a strange way of painting eyes. Looks great on 1/6th figures, I think it could be a little better on 1/4, but not a problem on these figures due to the nature of them.

Ah ok cool, thanks for clearing that up. :duff

I'm actually very amused by this, you couldn't actually sculpt a better "cowl restricted" head turn for bats. It's perfectly warped plastic (I think?).
Even the adam's apple is in the right place.

3-36.jpg

2-39.jpg

1-43.jpg

2-40.jpg
1-44.jpg

That is actually cool. Grats man, its like you received a one of a kind proto. :hi5:

Back