ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - Batman Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture

Yes, it's typical of EB though. Half the set is just amazing and expensive looking the other looks like a cheapo kids toys.

They always seem to do it to a certain degree, cutting corners at the wrong time. :gah:

The thing that annoys me the most about this set, but doesn't seem to bother anyone else? is the eye areas on the cowls.
I hate the way it looks like one molded piece of plastic from cowl to eye.
It needs some different texture at least. The eyes themselves are good, think i will try a little repaint

I just realised the base for these Dark Knight sets is just a repaint/refit of the Elvis stand! I knew it seemed familiar.
Bloody hell EB. How cheap can you get?:lol

w223357127.jpg

You and I are on the same wavelength. The cowl of course doesnt bother me cause its just downright amazing, certainly no doubts about the craftmanship EB has done on that cowl. But if there's anything that can even make it even better, I was also thinking of modding one of extra cowls. When Looking at the Real 1:1 batman, you'll see a difference on texture and color between the cowl and the black around the eyes. So if there's a way to even trick the cowl to make it even more lifelike, I think I may have to mod one of them to see if it will look better by giving that black area around the eyes another shade of black.

As far as the inconsistencies with some parts, my theory on that is that I think EB does to their best abilities try to produce a great product. I think they spend soo much time perfecting the pieces they're working on, and probably keep doing trial and error on those same pieces...and then eventually, they spend so much time on those parts and then eventually, deadline is coming up, resources may be running low by then, so then some of the other pieces turn up half-ass.
When I got their Sparrow, it was just amazing how everything was night and day. The great pieces were sublime, I love the fact that instead of even going for sculpted body, they gave us that rubber torso that goes over the chest and neck to give it a exposed parts a skin-like texture. The paintjob was also one of the best mass produced paintjob I've seen. Shirt was excellent. etc. Then, on the other hand, you have ugly boots, short trenchcoat, lousy fitting pants, and other cheap looking parts.

Reminded me when I was in art school, and when I would focus on just a specific part, say the face, and kept going back and re-doing the eyes, going back fixing the nose, then eventually you spend so much time on specific parts leaving some of the areas, not soo detailed.
So I remember the teacher telling me to keep working on equal parts and eventually, step back, and go back and look at things you can go back and fix. But dont spend too much time working on just one area.
I think EB sometimes fall into this habit.

Honestly though, I cant complain about this Batman, I dont care if the base is not so great, I wish it was more like HT's 1/4 base, but as far as what really counts, this Batman is just flat out Amazing!

:lecture

Yes, it's typical of EB though. Half the set is just amazing and expensive looking the other looks like a cheapo kids toys.

They always seem to do it to a certain degree, cutting corners at the wrong time. :gah:

The thing that annoys me the most about this set, but doesn't seem to bother anyone else? is the eye areas on the cowls.
I hate the way it looks like one molded piece of plastic from cowl to eye.
It needs some different texture at least. The eyes themselves are good, think i will try a little repaint

I just realised the base for these Dark Knight sets is just a repaint/refit of the Elvis stand! I knew it seemed familiar.
Bloody hell EB. How cheap can you get?:lol

w223357127.jpg

Nope. It gets me too. What's it like in hand?

You and I are on the same wavelength. The cowl of course doesnt bother me cause its just downright amazing, certainly no doubts about the craftmanship EB has done on that cowl. But if there's anything that can even make it even better, I was also thinking of modding one of extra cowls. When Looking at the Real 1:1 batman, you'll see a difference on texture and color between the cowl and the black around the eyes. So if there's a way to even trick the cowl to make it even more lifelike, I think I may have to mod one of them to see if it will look better by giving that black area around the eyes another shade of black.

As far as the inconsistencies with some parts, my theory on that is that I think EB does to their best abilities try to produce a great product. I think they spend soo much time perfecting the pieces they're working on, and probably keep doing trial and error on those same pieces...and then eventually, they spend so much time on those parts and then eventually, deadline is coming up, resources may be running low by then, so then some of the other pieces turn up half-ass.
When I got their Sparrow, it was just amazing how everything was night and day. The great pieces were sublime, I love the fact that instead of even going for sculpted body, they gave us that rubber torso that goes over the chest and neck to give it a exposed parts a skin-like texture. The paintjob was also one of the best mass produced paintjob I've seen. Shirt was excellent. etc. Then, on the other hand, you have ugly boots, short trenchcoat, lousy fitting pants, and other cheap looking parts.

Reminded me when I was in art school, and when I would focus on just a specific part, say the face, and kept going back and re-doing the eyes, going back fixing the nose, then eventually you spend so much time on specific parts leaving some of the areas, not soo detailed.
So I remember the teacher telling me to keep working on equal parts and eventually, step back, and go back and look at things you can go back and fix. But dont spend too much time working on just one area.
I think EB sometimes fall into this habit.

Honestly though, I cant complain about this Batman, I dont care if the base is not so great, I wish it was more like HT's 1/4 base, but as far as what really counts, this Batman is just flat out Amazing!

:lecture:goodpost:Agree with everything you said mate, and I thought the same about Sparrow (unfortunately I felt same about their Bruce Lee G.O.D set as well, but that hadn't as many redeeming factors)

... and I did the same in Art school, I still do. I spend hours fussing over a tiny area of something whilst never finishing the rest. I think most of the most interesting art pieces are unfinished, but not 1/4 or 1/6th scale collectibles/toys. :lol

Regarding the eyes, when I get the second set of cowls, should one of them be glossy I will try some painting. I think it could really make a huge difference. I was actually quite disappointed by this when I first opened Bats. But now I think it's a small gripe! As an overall figure it's one of the best we have seen so far.

Nope. It gets me too. What's it like in hand?

The same as you would expect, maybe a little more plasticy? :(
Needs some textural definition between it and the cowl, perhaps a more skin like color showing through the black.

Last edited:
I might buy a second one of these just so I can put together the best bits from each,and mod the hell out of one of them with more permanent mods. I don't see myself displaying more than one though.

I might buy a second one of these just so I can put together the best bits from each,and mod the hell out of one of them with more permanent mods. I don't see myself displaying more than one though.

That's exactly my intention. The way I look at it is that I can keep one complete set MIB. And mod my display version. That's what I started to do with my EB 1/4 joker.

:)

Yeah

I want another for MIB reasons.

Let me tell ya, the one I own now I had 2 of my sausage fingers stuffed all the way down his chest and sides trying to retrieve the loose magnets that had fallen down into his arm pits and lower.

It's like I was giving him a prostate exam!

When I say that I had his torso rubber stretched like crazy, I mean it looked like the face stretching scene at the end of The Thing movie when Blake put his hand in that guys mouth! :lol

The suit freaking held up just fine.

I want another one that i'm not going to molest. :lol

He is just one of those figures worth owning an extra, the movies and suits were just that good.

Honestly I don't even see the reboot giving me something better than the BB suit.

Last edited:
I might buy a second one of these.

That's exactly my intention. The way I look at it is that I can keep one complete set MIB. And mod my display version. That's what I started to do with my EB 1/4 joker.

:)

Yeah

I want another for MIB reasons.

Let me tell ya, the one I own now I had 2 of my sausage fingers stuffed all the way down his chest and sides trying to retrieve the loose magnets that had fallen down into his arm pits and lower.

It's like I was giving him a prostate exam!

When I say that I had his torso rubber stretched like crazy, I mean it looked like the face stretching scene at the end of The Thing movie when Blake put his hand in that guys mouth! :lol

The suit freaking held up just fine.

I want another one that i'm not going to molest. :lol

He is just one of those figures worth owning an extra, the movies and suits were just that good.

Honestly I don't even see the reboot giving me something better than the BB suit.

Geez you guys...are you made of money or what? :horror :lol :wink1:

7676-money-man.jpg

:lol Jye.

Don't you buy extras/duplicates of most figures but then end up selling their asses off? :monkey3

I just pulled a trigger and ordered the Bat from enterbay direct. This will be my only action figure.

Also this is my first time ordering from enterbay, for anyone who has ordered from enterbay, do you get a confirmation email from enterbay with order# once you sent your payment? The only email I got is from paypal.

Edit: nevermind just got my confirmation email from enterbay :)

Last edited:
Back