Deadpool: The Motion Picture.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DEADPOOL UPDATE – While talking to Ryan Reynolds and Emma Stone for The Croods, HeyUGuys asked the actors about their different comic book universes. Stone talked about how she loves The Amazing Spider-Man 2 script but the interesting part is what Reynolds had to say about Deadpool. “It’s up to the studio,” Reynolds said. “The studio I think is reluctant to pull the trigger on such a hard Rated-R script. Then the guys who wrote it and the producers won’t make it unless it’s that hard and, you know, raunchy.”
The movie already has a director and script. Now it just needs Fox to have some ***** and make the damn movie.
Last year Reynolds said that the Deadpool movie would have no connection to the character that was in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and that the budget would have to be “down enough where you can afford to take big risks and do most things that superhero movies can’t do yet.”
Source: https://www.heyuguys.co.uk/ryan-reynolds-and-emma-stone-interview/

Very unlikely it'll get made then.

R-Rated or even just non-family freindly superhero movies are becoming very rare.

Glad they'd either make it right or not make it though. Same thing happened with the bioshock movie. The filmmakers wanted it true to the game but it was the studio thought it too risky so the creator pulled the plug so as not to deliver a watered down crappy version

So don't make it R. The comics weren't even that bad.

And I read the script, it's not nearly on the level Fox is making it out to be. You could easily tone down the violence, and most the R-Rated stuff is cursing....

I don't really give a **** what it's rated. I just want it. The script is fantastic, and for it to never get made is just a ****ing crime.

This movie will never happen until they ditch Ryan Reynolds. No production company will fund the project with him in it (especially lead) since he has been nothing but a box office bust in all superhero movies he has been in (blade 3, wolverine-origins, green lantern). He is ****ing kryptonite and until his name is no longer associated with this project its a pipe dream.

This movie will never happen until they ditch Ryan Reynolds. No production company will fund the project with him in it (especially lead) since he has been nothing but a box office bust in all superhero movies he has been in (blade 3, wolverine-origins, green lantern). He is ****ing kryptonite and until his name is no longer associated with this project its a pipe dream.

Except, none of that was HIS fault, but the films he starred in.

This is his chance to come back. And really, Deadpool was NEVER going to be a mega hit. PG-13 or not....while he is a wildly popular character, he doesn't appeal to the children, which makes the audience go down quite a bit.

And I read the script, it's not nearly on the level Fox is making it out to be. You could easily tone down the violence, and most the R-Rated stuff is cursing....

I don't really give a **** what it's rated. I just want it. The script is fantastic, and for it to never get made is just a ****ing crime.

yeah I don't get it either.

I never get the hate for Ryan Reynolds. The movies he is in tend to suck but he is not a bad actor. I like him. He is great in comedies, and I liked him a lot in Blade.

I don't even think he was that horrible in the beginning of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, I hate the movie but Ryan is not even what I hate most.

yeah a lot of people feel that way.
To me he is not as annoying as some of the other actors in action movies/comedies today like channing tatum (cannot stand to look at his face) or Sam Worthington, for example.

Watching Origins on tele.

Opening Montage was great. Reynolds is funny and charismatic as Wade.

The Logan/Victor dynamic is good. So far only complaint is it's rushing through so much so quickly.

They could've done a whole first movie about his time with Rose in the canadian wilderness, a movie about his time in WW2, about his time in Alpha Flight or Department H and then Weapon X.

Twenty minutes in and all that has passed by already.

____

On a side note, even though this isn't canon for DOFP, Victor isn't called Sabertooth, the young blonde diamond woman isn't call Emma Frost i don't think. The only thing that is contradictory is Xavier being bald and parylised in the after credits bonus end scene.

Last edited:

:exactly: Make him how he was in the Hulk vs Wolverine cartoon. I'm sure they could edge around the R without gutting the character.

What makes this fail IMO is the voice and face not being hamburger.

I don't mind Renolds acting and he will do OK (Just like the GL which was just OK.. Sinestro made that movie!)

I just don't think Dead Pool can be live action.... kind of the same reasons Wolverine hasn't been done justice.

Back