Deadpool: The Motion Picture.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'll see. After the issue with the Alien thing, i'd agree. But if they go to Robert again, then there is a chance. I dont care if he directs it, just do the same thing they did for Predators.

And dont forget, Machete was a Fox movie as well.....people seem to forget that.

We shall see. I can see this going either way, but am not gonna go in expecting much.

I never said it was going to be the movie of the year. I said it's going to crazy amounts of tickets. The way GL is being hyped I don't see how it won't make tons of $$$ regardless of how good the actual movie is.

I'm really suprised on how much it's hyped. I'm a fan of the lead actor, and the director...but i'm not feeling it. I have nothing to go on...

Once a trailer hits maybe, but until then, I dont know.

Read the script myself and it would be awesome, but Fox needs to approve it and most likely they gonna adapt it to PG-13. which means no gore, blood and bad language, which also means no Ryan Reynolds

Ryan Reynolds has permission from Fox to handle it the way he wants too, IIRC, and he said once that it's a dream project for him. Fox can always come back on their promise, but if Green Lantern is a hit, I don't think they'll want to piss him off and have him leave the project.

It takes more than hype to put butts in the seats.

No it really doesn't. It takes more than hype to keep butts in the seats which is why most overhyped films have a huge dropoff after week one. As much as I love GL, the proof will be in the pudding and I'm optimistic but understand like Watchmen which I loved by everyone else hated it could easily go the other way.

As for Reynolds, GL really doesn't have too much bearing on his doing Deadpool, his schedule does. GL 2 wouldn't be filming for another couple of years even though the script is said to be turned in by Christmas especially considering that time it took for the first one to be finalized. Not to mention that despite the sequels clauses for all actors, they still have to get all the parts in place, minimum a year before principal photography and I wouldn't look for a greenlight until 2011.

The thing is that Reynolds already signed up for three other films which would have him filming throughout 2011 and it'd give him enough time to get back to filming GL.

Now, he has revealed that he’ll probably have to choose between the two and admits that only one of them will likely be made with him. Still, he has not made a decision yet, saying “I never say I’m doing a movie until I break for lunch the first day.” Well, thank you, Ryan Reynolds!

So, the actor was expected to appear in both comic book adaptations but has now suggested that he may have to choose between the two roles. Speaking to io9 the actor revealed:

“Neither is next. I shoot a movie called ‘The Change-Up‘ next,” he explained. “It’s kind of like an R-rated comedy, and right after that I start on a thriller called ‘Safe House’ with Denzel Washington. And then, after that is where one of those two movies will hopefully fall.”

Reynolds also added: “I’ll be in either ‘Deadpool’ or ‘RIPD,’ but probably not both. People sort of ask this question, like I have any say in the matter. They’re both movies I’m interested in, they’re both movies that are in fast-track development. But I never say I’m doing a movie until I break for lunch the first day.

Because it’s such a crapshoot, this industry. Everything’s so fickle and so contingent on so many factors, aside from just an actor. And because it has an actor, and because these films have interested directors, it’s obviously likely that they’ll both get made. But I think it would be more likely that only one of them gets made with me.”

He wants to be in GL, RIPD, Deadpool but knows that he has to come back for GL due to his contract and that one of the films RIPD and/or Deadpool won't wait for him. The way Marvel films are being quickly fastracked with release dates announced before actual scripts finalized I look for Fox to go with another actor.

Which would be terrible. Honestly. You can hear Ryan's voice in the script. It's for him.

But alas....it probably wont work out that way.

Personally Ryan as Deadpool was one of the few things I liked about Wolverine: Origins. I hope he can play the character, I have a feeling though that Fox will not want to wait out his next two films and pass him by. Especially since Seann William Scott has been rumored to be looked at as a possible replacement. I like Scott but I don't think his Deadpool would be worth watching.

Really hoping Rodriguez is chosen as the final director of this film. He's my favorite (as some might be able to tell given my choice of avatar and stuff). He has the right handle on the intensity of violence needed to bring life and something "new" to a Deadpool film.

Shame, I was hoping that Robert Rodriguez would still direct it. Hopefully this new guy does a good job and sticks to the R-rating.

Back