Darren Carnall's creative corner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Darren,

That Anakin looks awesome...any chance that's mine?:banana

If so, have you started the regular head Anakin yet? My sister-in-law is on my head about her husband's (my brother) birthday gift. (it was gonna be a wedding gift but you and them all got married on the same day and you couldn't get it finished in time)

I was hoping you were finished and we could settle up soon.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Lee

ps...very nice Indy btw:whip Fine job there.

Wanted to show some pics of the wonderful job Darren did on my Neo head:

IMG_8491.jpg

IMG_8481.jpg

IMG_8547.jpg

wow, man. that's the best neo i've ever seen. darren's paint-up just screams neo, whereas i wasn't so convinced by the sculpt on its own. that 3rd shot especially is just superb!

congrats LV - that thing is awesome. any plans to colour in the buttons?

Hey DC can you send me a reply to my PM wanna send you figures / heads and some monies

Hey Mooncat, it was great to meet you the other day :cool:

Hey Darren,

That Anakin looks awesome...any chance that's mine?:banana

If so, have you started the regular head Anakin yet? My sister-in-law is on my head about her husband's (my brother) birthday gift. (it was gonna be a wedding gift but you and them all got married on the same day and you couldn't get it finished in time)

I was hoping you were finished and we could settle up soon.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Lee

ps...very nice Indy btw:whip Fine job there.

Hi Lee, thanks about the Indy figure... I do like it! :gun

That particular Anakin wasn't yours, but yours were/are being done at the same time! On my desk in front of me as we speak my friend! At least you know what it will roughly look like now! Bear with me and I'll get it done and give you a shout :rock

Oh, and LordVicious..... Neo's looking good there ;)

Hey Mooncat, it was great to meet you the other day :cool:

You 2 Darren

It was great to meet you in person and see your work, Ive seen the pics of your work online and I always wonder especially when the work is as good as yours whether its the lighting or whether the pics have been touched up.

I can say now to all, its simply the work, your attention to detail and commitment to your art is rare.

An interesting and honest guy folks

When they are ready Id like you to sign the bases so Ill come down for another pasty and a coffee, or if your up for it you come up here and Ill show you my collection.

Thx again for the hospitallity

Anytime! and thanks for the nice words :eek:

Right, I know this has taken me ages to get done... but here it is (I'm just doing some final clean ups on it before I do a test cast & paint)

I just snapped a couple of pics next to the original Hot Toys head. One in natural light and one with flash, just so you can see it properly.

I can't wait to get this thing painted!

photo001Medium-1.jpg

photo002Medium-2.jpg

Frigging awesome Darren!
Really want to see this painted up and I can't wait to see your version of Nostromo Ripley (if it's still coming... :D)!

Frigging awesome Darren!
Really want to see this painted up and I can't wait to see your version of Nostromo Ripley (if it's still coming... :D)!

Nicely done, darren. :clap

Yes, I hope Alien Nos Rip is next! I still have her headless body in her Nos outfit. :lol

Darren that is brilliant work with the Ripley sculpt. Great expression that captures the character very well. Also, your sculpt really does put the HT head to shame, and they even tried to make their v.2 head more accurate! Looking forward to seeing how this turns out when you've painted it too.

Any chance of you selling casts of this one as well?

Wow! Now that looks like Ripley! You have an amazing talent for taking "meh" sculpts and turning them into "WOW!" sculpts!!!!

Great work as always Darren.

here is quick pic of my Terminator repeint by darren.

Hopefuly soon i will have time to take some better pics.

this is my 8 year old selfs dream figure so thank you for making that dream come true darren :D

I've just received an email from somebody in Brazil, telling me that somebody (cinetoys) has been using my Neo repaint photo from above, to try to sell their own... well I dont know. Custom work? original sculpts? I've no idea... but they're using my photo.

I went to their blog, and it seems they're also using Josh's photos too. The guy who told me about it complained to them, and they've added a disclaimer at the top of their blog, which I've translated.

"Regarding what happened on January 26 this year through orkut, I reported that some of the photos published both in this blog and in orkut page of photos are not the authors of the company CineToys, which does not imply the use of the same since our sculptures were based on the same image. We are a new company in that class and are working hard to make pictures that are lacking in any collection. We received some messages from people who do not understand what happened and why we feel the obligation to explain to me. On behalf of the company I apologize for any inconvenience and we will soon have new photos, and pictures of our future releases."

So basically they're trying to say that they know the pics aren't theirs, but they're using them as that's what they've based theor 'products' off? What the hell.

I made a post of my own on his blog, but I'm sure he/they will just delete it.

"I am speaking to you through Google Translate. My name is Darren Carnall. My website is www.darrencarnall.com. I painted this Neo head, and the other photographs you have on this blog, I know the people who painted them. Please stop using pictures of other people's works to try and sell things. If you have no pictures of your own, then do not show any! Please take my photograph down immediately, and any others that do not belong to you. Darren Carnall."

This makes me angry as hell... if they do their own things, then they should show their own photos. If they have no photos.. then don't show any! :mad:

apparantly he has an Orkut page (whatever that is) and I was given the link. But I haven't tried it yet. The person said they made a complaint on this orkut thing, but the guy just deleted it.

https://www.orkut.com.br/Main#Profile.aspx?uid=14745697394826125233

I'm giving Josh this link also... God knows who elses photo's he's using to sell things! :banghead

Edit: I've just seen some of Les's repaints too.

I really can't believe people would do that! I'm so sorry to hear about this Darren. I hope he takes down yours, Josh's and Les' pictures right away, there's just no excuse for doing something like that! :mad: Is there any way you could file some kind of formal complaint?

Back