Captain America: The First Avenger Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in ____ing love!!

Hayley_Atwell%20(6).jpg

Precisely the reason why this man was named "LEGEND." :rock

Right thats why I never hesitate to order from them because the quoted price really doesn't matter.

Here is the kicker Caedus. He did. You see Reynolds was quoted both at Comic-Con and Wondercon saying that he refused to ad-lib anything. He refused to do anything that wasn't written for him and even cut out a few things that were written because it sounded too much like Ryan Reynolds and not Hal Jordan. Martin Campbell and even a few other folks were giving him props for being so true to what was on page and what the character should be like and anyone who has seen GL knows that it was very much Reynolds dialed back especially compared to what he has been.

So what you saw on screen is what they wrote for him. The difference? The writers.

Here is the kicker Caedus. He did. You see Reynolds was quoted both at Comic-Con and Wondercon saying that he refused to ad-lib anything. He refused to do anything that wasn't written for him and even cut out a few things that were written because it sounded too much like Ryan Reynolds and not Hal Jordan.

So what you saw on screen is what they wrote for him. The difference? The writers.

I thought I remember reading somewhere the writers saying that they rewrote the GL script to fit Reynold's personality.....

:lol

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruMO9SXto0Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]How Captain America Should Have Ended - YouTube[/ame]

From CBM:
To date, the superhero tentpole has grossed $178 million internationally, compared to $173.5 million at the domestic box office. The overseas tally includes a strong $5 million opening in China over the Sept. 9-11 weekend. It’s hardly uncommon for a summer event pic -- and especially a 3D title -- to do bigger business internationally, but many assumed Captain America wouldn’t play as well among foreign audiences because of its title.

In Europe, Captain America has done strong business, although it hasn’t reached the levels of Thor or Fox’s 2011 summer offering X-Men: First Class. For example, the pic has grossed $15.5 million in the U.K., versus $22.5 million for Thor. Captain America has grossed $10 million in France, $9 million in Italy, $8.5 million in Spain and $5 million Germany. Russia’s tally is $8.5 million, and Australia’s, $11.5 million.

Back