BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I just went through every single page of this thread and I didn't see any mention of the Predator Maquette. Does the Pred maquette fit inside the besta with the door shut???

Anyone use the ikea komplement LED in their besta? Also, I'm not sure if this has been discussed but what is it that some members use to cover the wiring inside their besta?

Last edited:
Anyone use the ikea komplement LED in their besta? Also, I'm not sure if this has been discussed but what is it that some members use to cover the wiring inside their besta?

I used this in my Pax. It's just black tubing from Fry's and it basically disappears in the shadows of the cabinet. If you had the black Bestas it would almost be invisible. BTW the Komplement LED's are awesome. I highly recommend them.

I also have the dark bestas and I just spray painted my wires with black hobby paint. Did the job although the wires are a bit sticky. But I never touch them. Hardly even notice em.

Thought I'd show an example of some white besta's with Inreda lighting.
5b0eb2b602dd5f9812a269634afc8f1f_zpsc56e0a8f.jpg

94464627d01b38cf50febd6a873a47b0_zpsf51309e7.jpg

Your cabinets look awesome Slip! Looks like Besta + Inreda is a great combo.

Last edited:
I have to thank my girlfriend for that one. I was about to go with the dark bestas and she talked me out of it. Definitely a good choice. The white makes everything stand out.

Yeah, I have the dark and they eat up the pieces and suck the light right out of the equation.

Color me jealous Slip. Your collection is amazing. :thud:

Well done Slip! I have been considering putting mirrors under my PFs to increase the light output a bit. Would help I think in the dark bestas.

Wow those lights produce a phenomenal effect. I'm used to seeing everyone go for the dioders or opt for a whiter and brighter lighting. However, these inreda seems to give the display a nice bronze color on the black/brown wood. I'm loving it, looking real classy. Did you drill a hole in the back to run the wire through?

Wow those lights produce a phenomenal effect. I'm used to seeing everyone go for the dioders or opt for a whiter and brighter lighting. However, these inreda seems to give the display a nice bronze color on the black/brown wood. I'm loving it, looking real classy. Did you drill a hole in the back to run the wire through?

Thanks a lot! I am also very pleased with the warmer color of the Inreda. Originally, I had planned to go with a cooler/whiter light, but this is just perfect for me.

I drilled a small hole for each light in the back. Just underneath the shelf. You don't even notice it. Very easy to set up. I was worried that it would take a lot of time, but setting up the lights was very quick.

Yea I been seriously considering drilling some holes. I started outgrowing my remote operated wireless lights. The only thing holding me back is as I buy new pieces, sell old pieces, and rearrange the display, I keep adjusting the shelves to accomodate the different heights of the pieces. I think when I'm finally settled with what I have displayed, if ever, I can make the move to drill some holes for wired lighting. I'm definitely leaning towards these ikea inreda now. Before that I thought the ikea komplement used in some PAX display were nice as well, had that warm color you mentioned.

Beautiful display and excellent photos DarthChrisDK!

Yea I been seriously considering drilling some holes. I started outgrowing my remote operated wireless lights. The only thing holding me back is as I buy new pieces, sell old pieces, and rearrange the display, I keep adjusting the shelves to accomodate the different heights of the pieces. I think when I'm finally settled with what I have displayed, if ever, I can make the move to drill some holes for wired lighting. I'm definitely leaning towards these ikea inreda now. Before that I thought the ikea komplement used in some PAX display were nice as well, had that warm color you mentioned.

I've been battling this issue as well. I've already drilled the holes and now I might adjust the shelves. :slap

Beautiful display and excellent photos DarthChrisDK!

I've been battling this issue as well. I've already drilled the holes and now I might adjust the shelves. :slap

Thanks! I also adjusted the height of the shelves after I had made the holes. It's no problem, really. Right now, in the room where my Iron Man bust is, the hole is actually exactly behind the shelf, because I had to move it one step down (after I drilled the hole). This actually hides the hole entirely, and there's no problem with the wire since the back plate of the cabinet is kind of flexible.

Beautiful new setup
Saw it on FB

Thanks a lot, buddy! :)

Back