BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 20" tall metal statue that weights 18 lbs that I would like to put inside the BESTA. Not really sure if it will support the weight.

18 lbs is nothing to worry about. I was just as worried when I first got my Bestas, but I've had around 30 lbs on my shelves for awhile now. I probably wouldn't get nervous unless I got close to 60 lbs now.

I picked up two today with Vassbo doors. Very easy to install and look awesome. This would not have been possible with Detolf cabinet with that much weight.

Last edited:
The Vassbo doors look great on your Besta. You have 1 statue and some figures which you can center around the frame of the doors. I tried them on mine but I have 2 PFs on each shelf and the frame covers up too much. I replaced my Vassbo doors with the glass Tombo ones. It looks great now.

If anyone is in the Brooklyn, NY area and needs 3 white Vassbo doors, shoot me a pm.

Has anyone tried making a custom door for the Besta? I have the besta with the 4 "cubes". Essentially, I want two doors for this instead of 4 tombo doors. This would allow me to move the shelves around inside and not have to worry (yes, I would worry about it...OCD, I know) about the tombo door frames not lining up with the shelves.

Like, if I wanted to move the shelves to fit a Thor PF in there, I don't want the tombo door frames passing in front of the statue...

I've got doors big enough for that contingency. But I don't think they make them any more. My Alien maquette fits perfect!

yeah I have the alien in there with the tombo doors with the shelf that doesn't line up. I wouldn't mind a double tall option on the doors.

Sorry, I can't remember what they're called, but you should look at my show your shelves thread. It's been a long time since I put my setup together.

Search for furystorm's sanctum sanctorum

Do you recall what they are called? Maybe I can find somesecond hand...

Those doors are discontinued from IKEA.
They are called Vegby and came in clear glass as well as frosted.
Not easy to find.
I have been looking at Craig list forever and still no clear ones yet.
Good luck in your search.
:wave

After having lurked for years in this thread, I finally am able to contribute to it as well. My display is finally up.

IMG_8825.jpg

IMG_8827.jpg

IMG_8828.jpg

IMG_8829.jpg

IMG_8831.jpg

IMG_8836.jpg

IMG_8837.jpg

IMG_8838.jpg

IMG_8839.jpg

Really nice setup.
Trying to decide what lighting to use myself. Yours look great but doesn't really work with the IM bust. The advantage with the strip lights is having them at the front of the shelf so they light up whatever you decide to put in the cabinet.
Decisions decisions!
I'm going for this cabinet...
besta_zpscdfb6c69.jpg

Not really, led strips light up the whole shelf way better than spot lights. I also think those doors would look so much better with black borders than silver. Unfortunately, that's not an option.

Back