BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got to Ikea since there are none locally. Seems that from two years ago they changed the color of "black-brown" to a darker finish. I bought another besta shelf unit with two vassbo doors. Pretty happy with the finished results but upset I had to buy another shelf.

Discovered besta shelves today during an ikea trip. Definatly on my wish list of purchases. At between $400-600 aud for the set up I want it may take a few months

Discovered besta shelves today during an ikea trip. Definatly on my wish list of purchases. At between $400-600 aud for the set up I want it may take a few months

Just buy it bit by bit then you won''t have to build it all at once if you get it in one go. I have about 20 cabinets in my room and it was some job to build them all but once they were all done it looked great. Putting the doors on was the hardest part to get them all aligned.

anyone here that owns both the predator legendary scale bust and the dutch PF?

I would like to see them both on a shelf in a besta together. If anyone could snap that pick it would be amazing

trying to make the decision to pick up the bust

thanks in advance :hi5:

Here is my BESTA with vassbo doors...

1E6F0CA4-FA0E-4FBD-A673-3CD0AC841DA7-1268-00000082CD759FF2_zps3edaba1a.jpg

Hey guys i ve got the besta shelfs too with wooden shelfs. Am thinking of replacing the wooden shelfs with the mirror ones so i will need less lightning (inreda lights), so it will save me some money. But will the lightning be good enough, since the light can go through the mirror shelfs , if u know what i mean

I purchased some of the Inreda lights today but it turns out I've missed out on buying the power cord ( which of course i thought came with it ) and several extension cables I need to buy although I haven't got a clue what I need. I have 6 Inreda LED strips for the besta , anyone have any idea what extenders I might need ?.

Any photo's would be great if possible.

I purchased some of the Inreda lights today but it turns out I've missed out on buying the power cord ( which of course i thought came with it ) and several extension cables I need to buy although I haven't got a clue what I need. I have 6 Inreda LED strips for the besta , anyone have any idea what extenders I might need ?.

Any photo's would be great if possible.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30121411/

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40119926/
or
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60119925/

Thanks , so I'd need one power cord and five connection cords for six light strips right ?.

That's correct. I bought the short cords, and now that I have them plugged in I think I should have bought the longer ones for $1 more.

Brilliant , thanks for the help. :) I was wondering myself whether or not I'd need the longer cables, I guess I'll go for them.

Got the extensions and power cord picked up today , everything looks good. Thanks for the help patriot , now to just get them in the besta and finally have a decent set up !.

Got the extensions and power cord picked up today , everything looks good. Thanks for the help patriot , now to just get them in the besta and finally have a decent set up !.

Right there with you buddy! I installed Komplement LED strips in my Pax cabinets but the wires are still hanging. I'm trying to figure out the best way to run the wires, and where to mount the power supplies. I think the best way is to drill a hole in the backboard to run the led wire through, but then you have to leave enough gap between the wall and the cabinet for the power supplies. Right now my cabinet is right up against the wall and it will be a big project to move it out...

Let me know how it goes for you Corporal.

I did a quick test today on one cabinet and the lighting makes such an impressive difference. I'm hoping to have the cabinet finished off by next week , I've been saying that for months though so we'll see. :lol

Agreed - lighting is everything. It's responsible for our visual perception of everything, but it's just taken for granted by most people. Lighting is what makes the difference in photography between a snapshot and art and the same can be applied to figures sitting on a shelf.

I put the power supplies up top too.

Sometimes I use a flashlight looking into dark corners of some of my non besta cases that need better light. A trick I learned at a star wars Identities exhibit lol... someone had brought their own flashlight.

Hide the power supplies on top of the cabinet and run only the wires behind it. When I can't run stuff inside walls, that's what I do.

Great idea, thanks a lot. The hardest thing is that the Pax is so freakin tall the led wires are almost too short.

:offtopic: Sorry...Besta thread...I'll stop my Pax talk now. :wave

Add more wire. Just cut and splice. Solder if you can, wire nut if you can't. Or even splice taps if you don't want to strip wire at all.

Back