Allegations of SS sending returns to other customers.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You and the other bone heads here are SS's perfect customer. If only they had more like you....:cuckoo:

Chris

So you're calling people boneheads because they're competent enough to read and follow the customer service instructions and actually follow through with contacting sideshow about getting replacements? :lol

Sideshow pays for you to return anything you're not 100% satisfied with? And will give you another one or fully refund you?

Someone needs to call the Attorney General NOW!!!! :tap

Enough, everybody.

If you are ever less than satisfied with your Sideshow purchase, contact customer service and arrange for a return.

Any personal attacks or off-topic posts will get the thread closed.

Last edited:
I would assume Sideshow resends returns, what else would the do with them :dunno

When the damage is extreme, they usually have the customer destroy it themselves. I always figured they would resend a vast majority of the returns get sent back out since what one collector deems unacceptable another will accept it. So....yeah.

One collector has stated that he sent a damaged Morgul Lord PF to SS for a replacement. The replacement was the piece he had sent back to SS. So he claims.

Yep. That's what he is saying. I'll cut and paste his post.

Thats just retarded :lol

That would seem more like a mistake by the returns person who handled it then a general practice at Sideshow.

Here is his post:

ITS OFFICIAL.

I had sent back my Morgal Lord PF back for a replacement and they sent be back the exact same one (I wrote down the edition number). They had put it in a great big brown box (without the original shipping box) The statue had the same defects, it was the same one.

I beleive for the money you spend, one deserves a brand new one. The one I got back was probly ment for the next sucker. Anyway, that solves the used Iron Man question, alot of us had.

That would seem more like a mistake by the returns person who handled it then a general practice at Sideshow.

That would be my belief and hope. That is why I'd like SS to just make a statement.

I'm sure they did it on purpose. Something like that wouldn't be completely obvious to anyone who received it, they wouldn't at all look like bastards if they got caught., and since they did it on purpose, they'd know all about the incident after the fact.

I'm so sure. :rolleyes:

Here is his post:

Later in that same thread he says he contacted them about receiving the same item back, they apologized for the mistake and took care of the issue. This could've been during SDCC or some other busy event where it gets chaotic, etc. WE don't know. Hell, we don't even know if it's true. Mistakes do happen (even ones that glaring). So I don't see how that's an issue given he got his replacement.

I'm sure they did it on purpose. Something like that wouldn't be completely obvious to anyone who received it, they wouldn't at all look like bastards if they got caught., and since they did it on purpose, they'd know all about the incident after the fact.

I'm so sure. :rolleyes:

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

I would assume Sideshow resends returns, what else would the do with them :dunno

When the damage is extreme, they usually have the customer destroy it themselves. I always figured they would resend a vast majority of the returns get sent back out since what one collector deems unacceptable another will accept it. So....yeah.

Here, this says it all. Mods, close this thread. :lecture

Does it make you feel uncomfortable? Let's wait for a response from SS. This is not an isolated incident.

No, old men touching my privates makes me uncomfortable.

I have no issue in waiting for some kind of official SS response but I do think that SS does and should send returns to other customers, within reason.

Here is a post from Chicky.

Hi Frobay! Saw this thread and wanted to jump in.
With each edition Sideshow orders a certain amount of items to be used for replacements, these times are unnumbered. This means in certain cases we can return your exact edition number to you but the statue is actually a new statue. In many cases, when our replacement statues arrive our returns team does open them up to insect them before we accept them into inventory. This is so they know how many acceptable statues we have so we do not send out a replacement to a customer that may be damaged in some way and upset them. This is pretty much standard practice for us and answers some of the questions that you have about your edition number and the seals being resealed. There is nothing nefarious going on. The returns department usually puts in a notice if they have pre-inspected an item, however sometimes they do forget. If you would like to send me your information to [email protected] I can forward it to our Returns Department for you and let them know that you are not happy with your replacement.

Hopefully that will clear up any concern.

So you're calling people boneheads because they're competent enough to read and follow the customer service instructions and actually follow through with contacting sideshow about getting replacements? :lol

:goodpost:

I've had to contact Sideshow's CS department twice and both times they handled the issues professionally and very fast.

If a person can't follow the CS instructions then the problem isn't with Sideshow, IMO. :lecture

They (Shipping Dept.) put the new shipping label on top of the old one with the same name & address ? :slap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back