Allegations of SS sending returns to other customers.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseye

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not sure if SS are aware of some of these allegations but there are some members who appear to have received items which had been previously returned. Can we get this matter cleared up?

I'd have no objection to receiving a returned item if the fault was only a paint issue which had been remedied but if if as some have suggested broken pieces were repaired and sent out that would not be acceptible.

Personally I think these claims are a bit exaggerated but I think it's time for SS to put out some statement on the matter.

BTW I had asked a rep to respond to some of these claims but got no response. Not sure if they still post here.

Hope not. I've got the 1/6 Project BM Kaneda Bike sitting here faulty waiting for clarification as to if/when I get a replacement. Paid $$$ for this thing. I hope they exchange it as is my right...

I am one of these people I am certain I got a return carnage.

I returned my 12" Cobra Commander because the Cobra sigil was crooked, about a 1/2" off center. I noticed a week or so after I got my replacement a fellow freak was stoked that his WL converted and when he eventually posted pics, it looked like the same error on his (no proof that it was the same figure, but Sideshow did make me return the whole figure and the error was identical). That said, what I considered an issue, he couldn't have given two ____s or a ____ about. So maybe there's merit there. :huh

yeah. different issues may be irrelevant to different collectors. if there is something structurally wrong with something it probably shouldn't be sent to someone else, unless its something in which a fix truly does fix the item. Such as a broken stand being replaced when the statue itself is ok.

Something like a paint flaw other people may be okay with a scratch or something, though they should be told of its condition, imo, and not just sent to them hoping they don't notice.

I'm sure it happens, especially if you're on the waitlist and it converts, but I don't have a problem with it as long as it wasn't a damaged piece that was patched or something.

Plus there are people who return things simply because they didn't like it or decided they couldn't afford it at the moment.

The Han & Luke stormtrooper set I got after a WL conversion was someones return. The box was beat up, the fold tab at the top fo the box had a dent in it (someone not being careful opening the box) and there was a footprint/paint mark stick where a foot had been on the stand.

Eventually I found the armor was unglued, the left arm was broken under the body stocking.. and on a side note the paint was horrid (cross eyes, huge eyebrows..)

I requested a replacement and the one I received seemed to be " brand new" in all meanings of the word.

I haven't had a problem since, but that was my last WL conversion.

My Hulk Comiquette order converted a week ago and it arrived tomorrow. I'm definitely curious to see the condition of mine. It's been so long since this has "sold-out." I'm nervous to be honest.

I've always thought they did this for certain returns...or I guess I assumed. :dunno

I don't mind if it's from someone who received it, didn't like it because it didn't suit the collection, and wanted a refund. BUT, if it arrived with issues and was sent back, only to be used to fulfill another order, that I have a problem with.

If that's the way it is, that's fine. I just want to know. It would probably prevent me from jumping on waitlists for pieces that have been out for a few months, much like the Spidey comiquette.

Last edited:
When they receive a return,99% of the time is because of the QC,so why SideShow cut off the previous address on the shipping box then slap another one then sends to you as "NEW"

If somebody receives,opens then send it back that product is now "USED" or "REFURBISHED" Who knows... a statue could be in someones shelf for 30 days with smoke/dust and pet hair all over,before they are allowed to return it.

Then SideShow receives back repacks, with the same used boxes previously sent and sells to you as "NEW ITEM" Happened to a lot of people already.It's like buying a new car with 10K miles on it.

Can't even replace the shipping box ? Wow that's cheap.Hey SideShow how much does cost a "shipping box for ya" ? $0.10 ?

Not sure if SS are aware of some of these allegations but there are some members who appear to have received items which had been previously returned. Can we get this matter cleared up?

I'd have no objection to receiving a returned item if the fault was only a paint issue which had been remedied but if if as some have suggested broken pieces were repaired and sent out that would not be acceptible.

Personally I think these claims are a bit exaggerated but I think it's time for SS to put out some statement on the matter.

From the past, Sideshow have kept the returned-flawed-statues and offered for a discounted price. I hope they arent resorting to selling repaired statues for retailed price.

When they receive a return,99% of the time is because of the QC,so why SideShow cut off the previous address on the shipping box then slap another one then sends to you as "NEW"

If somebody receives,opens then send it back that product is now "USED" or "REFURBISHED" Who knows... a statue could be in someones shelf for 30 days with smoke/dust and pet hair all over,before they are allowed to return it.

Then SideShow receives back repacks, with the same used boxes previously sent and sells to you as "NEW ITEM" Happened to a lot of people already.It's like buying a new car with 10K miles on it.

Can't even replace the shipping box ? Wow that's cheap.Hey SideShow how much does cost a "shipping box for ya" ? $0.10 ?

Someone taking an item out of the box to inspect it and putting it back in, is not "used." LCS's do this all the time to ensure the product arrived unbroken. Further, nor would it be "refurbished." If someone had issues with a part of Spider-Man's webbing not being finished, returned it and one of the artists painted it in after inspecting it, THAT would make it refurbished. Or if it was chipped and Sideshow filled in the chip and paint-matched it it to correct it, that would also be refurbished.

As for the shipping box, did you ever stop to think that they come from china 1 shipping box to 1 figure? Pretty obvious since the ones that are dropshipped from China come with the shippers. Guess common knowledge ain't that common, eh?

I'm still curious as to why you're a member of a Sideshow fan forum when all you do is continually slander and libel the company with little to no ground to stand on (you don't purchase 99% of the ____ you dog and I'm highly skeptical about the 1% you claim you do).

Last edited:
It's like buying a new car with 10K miles on it.

Yeah, it's exactly like that. A car is made of of hundreds of components, many of which are exposed to elements, have fluids gushing about inside, or contain small explosions. A statue or action figure is taken from the box, inspected, and then returned to the box or put on a shelf.

I cannot believe Sideshow would stoop to these tactics. Scandal.

Someone taking an item out of the box to inspect it and putting it back in, is not "used." LCS's do this all the time to ensure the product arrived unbroken. Further, nor would it be "refurbished." If someone had issues with a part of Spider-Man's webbing not being finished, returned it and one of the artists painted it in after inspecting it, THAT would make it refurbished. Or if it was chipped and Sideshow filled in the chip and paint-matched it it to correct it, that would also be refurbished.

1st I don't know how long it was outside the box,it could exposed to direct sun,smoke,pet hair,bed bugs dust etc...who knows what else.

When you ask a retailer to inspect,that's a total different situation,don't mix up.

As for the shipping box, did you ever stop to think that they come from china 1 shipping box to 1 figure? Pretty obvious since the ones that are dropshipped from China come with the shippers. Guess common knowledge ain't that common, eh?

They own everything,I don't think would hurt to have 10-20 extra shipping boxes for each statue manufactured,would not take space because it's only the shipping boxes,not the styrofoam that comes with it.

I'm still curious as to why you're a member of a Sideshow fan forum when all you do is continually slander and libel the company with little to no ground to stand on (you don't purchase 99% of the ____ you dog and I'm highly skeptical about the 1% you claim you do).

"Fan" doesn't mean stupid,this isn't North Korea,we can speak up if we see something isn't right.I do maybe more than others I guess.

I've gotten several items off of WL and I've never had any problems. I've had a couple that the boxes haven't been perfect, but I can pre-order something and have it come in that way. As long as the product is okay, I really don't care.

1st I don't know how long it was outside the box,it could exposed to direct sun,smoke,pet hair,bed bugs dust etc...who knows what else.
I think that would be apparent upon inspecting the return before issuing the refund/exchange. To date I've yet to hear about someone receiving a dusty collectible or a collectible with cat hair, crabs, whatever. And trust me. In a forum chalk full of whiners, we'd know about it.

When you ask a retailer to inspect,that's a total different situation,don't mix up.
You don't need to ask. Several will open up the product to inspect it before putting it on their shelves to make sure everything arrived unbroken. Then there're the display pieces that get boxed up and sold as new either in the shop or online.

They own everything,I don't think would hurt to have 10-20 extra shipping boxes for each statue manufactured,would not take space because it's only the shipping boxes,not the styrofoam that comes with it.
I would imagine that if the boxes can withstand packing, loading, shipping overseas, unloading, transporting to the warehouse, stocking and initial shipping, and return, they can withstand being mailed out one last time. Besides, how do you know the damage didn't occur during mailing the last time? Sideshow regularly has Express Updates that sell items at reduced cost or long sold out items at retail because they have damage to the boxes.

"Fan" doesn't mean stupid,this isn't North Korea,we can speak up if we see something isn't right.I do maybe more than others I guess.
I dunno. To me one would have to patronize a business to comment on their customer service. Otherwise it's just libel. :huh

I still don't get it. If you order something from Sideshow, and it doesn't meet your standards, return it. :dunno

Has a defect? Return it. Faded? Return it. Smells like smoke? Return it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back