open the box?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfeng

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I have ordered the HT batman figures series and iron man, this is the first time i dove into the 12 inch toys. I know that these 12" are a beauty to display it, but i am still comtemplating whether i should take it out of the box or not. Do you think it will have a big effect on the value of the figures if it is out of the box? What will you do? Thanks!!!:)

Open them and enjoy them I used to keep all my stuff sealed and sitting on a shelf and then I saw all the pictures of people posing their figures and had to open mine.

my fingers are all ready to be set free!! :D:D... just wanna know what most of you will do.. :)

Why the crap would order something and not open it? unles you like your display to look like a store. :slap

OPEN THEM. :lecture

Do boxes for 12'' figures even matter for value? I mean as long as they aren't beat to hell and back. It's different then a figure that's in a clamshell. I could understand that being in perfect condition.

Open them up... MIB can work okay for things like clamshells where the figure is semi-posed and fully visible. But with 1/6 the real fun of the figure is getting them kitted-out and displayed.

And, since most packaging these days (especially Hot Toys) is collector friendly you can usually replace the figure w/minimal no damage to the packaging. Also, MISB really doesn't add much to the value of the figure... I've even seen figures w/o a box sell for more than boxed ones on eBay :lol

Edit: Looks like Wofford and I were on the same page :lol

I have no joy in keeping them in box,action figures yes,but not these amazing HT figures.Open them up man,enjoy them.

Even Stinky Pete deserves to be out of the box:

2005-1234731%20Stinky%20Pete%20the%20Prospector.jpg

I guess i'm one of the few people that keep my 1:6 scale figures in the box. It has a much greater value in you keep them in it. IMHO, I think they look great in the box. I open up PF's because you have to atleast open it once to check to make sure there is no damage.

I have ordered the HT batman figures series and iron man, this is the first time i dove into the 12 inch toys. I know that these 12" are a beauty to display it, but i am still comtemplating whether i should take it out of the box or not. Do you think it will have a big effect on the value of the figures if it is out of the box? What will you do? Thanks!!!:)

Because of this board I became an open box guy. What the hell is the point of buying all of this crap if you aren't going to display it? If you say investments then stop buying toys and play the markets. :lecture

Everything I've ever sold in a box held up in value after I've taken it out, so like I said, if you don't chew on your box or something it shouldn't matter.

i am sure once i received the figures and see it in person, i wont be able to resist at not taking them out of the box.. hehehe..

Back