Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
130108014402495654.jpg

Looks great. What mouth piece is that? Robbie's?

Eventually. I'm gonna do a bunch of comparison shots first.

Guess you didn't watch the first video in this thread then. :lol

A big improvement. I'll swap that out on page 1 when I get home from work. :)

I don't think I'll be dealing with sending it back. I doubt I'll use that head for anything anyway.

Why does this medi face look so weird? This a replica of the original?

Finally had the guts to paint his eyelids black...and man, what a big difference it makes to the cowl! I have anything but a steady hand...but with patience managed to do a clean job. I'm taking it easy by doing mods I know I can handle...also did the electrical tape under the chest Armour to make neck shorter....now deciding whether to do gauntlet mod where gauntlets go over gloves. Here are some crappy iPhone pics!

Painted Eyelids:
0069B69F-B92C-4014-92DD-06C4FC9FCE46-3640-0000017D169961F0.jpg

Neck Mod:
4AE19470-6456-410E-BE41-798F278D0E2B-3640-0000017D1A0BDAA4.jpg

AC42A703-601E-4898-B655-5C0B495222F5-4702-0000021C1AF78BE9.jpg

No offense but the neck mod make batman seem like he doesn't have a neck? I remember his neck wasn't that short in the movie.

No more. I've done so many alterations. I am tired of working on this figure. :lol I think these newly sculpted eyelids will be my last, except filling in the should plate gap.

IMG_6854s_zps73aa2152.png

IMG_6911s_zps512705c5.png

IMG_6859s_zps43fae530.png

IMG_6868s_zps36bad168.png

I'm loving it, looks more like bale. Hot toys just f up on the eyes. They shouldn't do pers anymore.

I've been experimenting over the past couple of weeks with ways to make the shoulders not look so flat. I realized that the figure's shoulders are just that: flat, instead of having the natural slope of the trapezius muscles on Bale's shoulders. The fact is that the cape is forced to sit too far back on the shoulders and too far from the center of the collar. this is due to the location of the cape insertion holes. Using a custom cape kinda exacerbates the problem, due to the thinner, more realistic fabric used.

Here's an example of what I mean:

The cape covers most of the collar and conform to Bale's shoulders.
ChristianBalefilmingChrisNolansBatmanTheDarkknightRisesonthestreetsofManhattanonNovember62011inNewYorkCity2_zps9e511a60.jpg

Batmanstudio12_zpse9e1c19c.jpg

So I took drastic measures! I Modded the shoulders to allow the cape to sit closer to the collar and neck, like on the real suit. I did this by cutting a section of the armor out right below where the cape holes are set. The cape now sits lower on the body. Doing so creates a nice slope effect for the shoulders as well.

IMG_6940_zpsd4187a02.png

custom cape
IMG_7166_zps90d9536a.png

IMG_7161_zps32a263bc.png

stock cape (still required some futzing to get it to look decent).
IMG_7064final_zpscb609878.png

IMG_7084s_zps0049f4d2.png

Last edited:
I suppose that mod just prevented me from ever being able to display the figure with the backpack (like in the Hong Kong sequence). :lol I didn't realize it until now. Oh well.

Awesome work on your bats plasmid! That cape/shoulder mod makes a big difference!
I know you've been asked a lot, but I can't find the answer. I assume you sculpted the eyelids, but can tell for sure. Can you confirm please?

I need a YouTube tutorial on eyelid mod...looks awesome

No videos, but there are some steps you can look at one page 1. Really, I pretty much followed what Rorywan outlined in his post, and then I put on the TDKR blu ray and paused the film whenever there was a close up of Bale's eyes squinting. Then tried to match it as close as I could with my limited ability, using some epoxy putty.

Awesome work on your bats plasmid! That cape/shoulder mod makes a big difference!
I know you've been asked a lot, but I can't find the answer. I assume you sculpted the eyelids, but can tell for sure. Can you confirm please?

I did sculpt the eye lids. Went for the full squint. Some other folks here have done less extreme looks for their eye lid sculpting. All up to personal preference.

Plasmid, I didnt catch it I the thread but when did you change back to the pers from the modified bruce wayne eyes?

Plasmid, I didnt catch it I the thread but when did you change back to the pers from the modified bruce wayne eyes?

I'm switching back and forth, but I decided to work on the modified Bruce Wayne eyes further about a couple weeks ago, so I've kept the PERS eyes in since then.

Plasmid, what brand of epoxie did you use to sculpt?

You can try miliput, that is what im' using. :)

Yep, I used Milliput.

I also painted the eyelids long before deciding to sculpt them. Its all up to personal preference. Painting them does improve the look quite a bit so if you're happy with how that looks, it'd save you the effort of sculpting.

Yeah I used miliput yellow-gray mix. I did the painting only at first and it looked good but I really wanted this to be my one definitive Batman so I did the eyelid mod. I was to freaked out removing the PERS so I sculpted from the outside. Not as good as some that I've seen on here but I like it. It just takes patience. I'm still doing touch ups here and there. Sanding it to make it look a little smoother and more natural. It definitely makes a difference.

0E8BA6B2-855A-42A5-BD22-31A5C2F59CF2-39117-00000B336B389A45.jpg

Last edited:
looks sick, i think it all pretty much comes down to the eye. i still think the dx 12 smirk sculpt actually looks nice in hand. some picture might capture it right depending on the lighting. But one thing i like about the medi cowl is, its more accurate in term of the cowl. and the medi cowl look smooth like the movie. hot toys cowl always has that bump to it. Because in the movie his cowl is very smooth. thats the only down fall of HT sculpt.

Back