Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey . . .Sideshow still owes us the armored elf, and maybe Faramir, or Eomer. Give the bad guys a rest for now. Give us the essentials first, the ones missing from the original SS/W lineup.

Hey . . .Sideshow still owes us the armored elf, and maybe Faramir, or Eomer. Give the bad guys a rest for now. Give us the essentials first, the ones missing from the original SS/W lineup.

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000

Totally agree with you.

Faramir, Eomer.

I would love that. :love

I know Black Sheep made one and I was on the verge of getting it, but I didn't pulled the triger on it. :(

Now if Sideshow or Weta made one :stick...that is a whole different matter. :wink1:

:duff
Bill

Have to give credit to King Darkness for this image from the "It's time for the next Joe!" thread in the G.I. Joe forums, but looks like Lurtz is in line for the maquette treatment. See sketch below in the mid upper right of the picture:

UPCOMINGS523487_n1.jpg

Had to sell my Lurtz EX PF (amomg my other LOTR PF EXs) to fund the down payment for the house I bought last spring, so I'd love to get Lurtz again in some form.

A Lurtz statue in that gear is long time coming. Since his initial statue was changed out this is a must IMO.

I want to see a at least an 18 inch tall or more Treebeard Fullsize Polystone Maquette with Squashed Orc Exclusive or Exclusive Merry and Pippin...That is a must...there are already 3 Lurtz out there, the SS PF, SSW, + SSW Bust...

Last edited:
Have to give credit to King Darkness for this image from the "It's time for the next Joe!" thread in the G.I. Joe forums, but looks like Lurtz is in line for the maquette treatment. See sketch below in the mid upper right of the picture:

Had to sell my Lurtz EX PF (amomg my other LOTR PF EXs) to fund the down payment for the house I bought last spring, so I'd love to get Lurtz again in some form.

I'm fine with Lurtz as long as he isn't announced before Merry/Pippin or at least one other main character, e.g Saruman, Theoden, or even the Second Age Elven statue we saw sketches of.

I want to see a at least an 18 inch tall or more Treebeard Fullsize Polystone Maquette with Squashed Orc Exclusive or Exclusive Merry and Pippin...That is a must...there are already 3 Lurtz out there, the SS PF, SSW, + SSW Bust...

That looks great Adolfo :wave...just about perfect in scale too.

I like it. :clap

I'm fine with another Lurtz by the way. :rock

Saruman, Theoden, Second Age Elven and Merry&Pippin also works for me. :wink1:

Bill

That looks great Adolfo :wave...just about perfect in scale too.

I like it. :clap

I'm fine with another Lurtz by the way. :rock

Saruman, Theoden, Second Age Elven and Merry&Pippin also works for me. :wink1:

Bill
I do love it...yes it's to scale too
Untitled-10.jpg

-Morgul Lord
-Aragorn in "king" armor and sword drawn
-merry & pippin

Last edited:
OK, it's been several months and I'm ready for some news. I was thinking that the Hobbit hitting theaters would provide Sideshow with a good opportunity to announce the next maquette.

I guess we are only going to end up with two new announcements in 2012, the Twilight Witch King and Frodo & Sam.

Yep . . .I doubt that 15 days will make a difference to them, as most of it is holidays. There are officially 2 more Thursday announcements left after today for anything by Sideshow.

Well . . .The Hobbit hype engine can only keep revving up, so I'm unsure what the holdup would be with Sideshow. Why not ride its coattails!!

Well . . .The Hobbit hype engine can only keep revving up, so I'm unsure what the holdup would be with Sideshow. Why not ride its coattails!!

Hobbit hype is just that, hype.
There is very little cross-over sales.
Therefore, SS is not banking on the Hobbit media blitz
The Dark rider and Sauron PFs are slow sellers
The last half of 2012 was the litmus test for SS
Frodo and Sam are the last of the maquettes
Dark Rider and Sauron are the last of the PFs
SS is done with Middle Earth

my 2 cents ;)

Back