Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they could produce an Extended Edition film Boromir...why not an EE Film MoS?...If they ever should do this one it would be a 400 to 500 dollar piece IMHO

Well, Boromir was a major character in the movies, while MOS's scene is 2 minutes long and only in the Extended versions. I know true form Witch King was even shorter, but at least you see him as a character more, not to mention being in the theatrical release.

Well, Boromir was a major character in the movies, while MOS's scene is 2 minutes long and only in the Extended versions. I know true form Witch King was even shorter, but at least you see him as a character more, not to mention being in the theatrical release.

Does not matter....SS could and should still do it just for coolness factor and it would IMHO sell out no problem Ex ES at 300 to 500 and Reg ed ES at 700 to 1000.....It would be such a dynamic piece...They should do LOTR with horses/beasts...MoS, Theoden, Eomer, Eowyn with Merry,Gandalf with Pippin,Gandalf on Eagle,orc on warg, Faramir in Armor on horse too...maybe even 1/6 rider on Fell beast(with wings folded and head crouched back so it wouldnt be too massive although price would be 700 to 800 dollar range)...just thinking out loud

Sideshow allready stated that they are not going to do horses or monsters in this line long time ago.

They've never said that. Hell, the snow troll shows that's not true. They said Eomer wouldn't be on horse (which could change) but the MoS could be especially with how the horse looks.

If they could do an awesome Indiana Jones on Horse almost (2 ft tall)...they could do LOTR characters on Steed and I'm sure they would look phenomenal...SS to me makes great horses so far...Ex's would sell out no problem at the very least..at least you know now how much a piece would cost now at that 500 dollar range

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd love to get some rider and steed pieces. Eomer, Theoden, Mouth of Sauron would all be great choices.

Any new on this line will be good.
This year we have had just 1 preorder (twilight witch king) and it was the first (and very easy) pass for me on this line.
At spooktacular Sauron PF will be for preorder and I don't wait to see Sam+Frodo before end of November or later, becouse Sauron will be expensive (and they are not on the upcoming products page from Sideshow).
Then, if finally Sam+Frodo are for preorder this year, we'll have two statues for this line...not too much for a new line, I think.
I would like that all I have said is wrong, becouse I only want to have news for the line, but...
Anyway, I'm sure that we are going to have a lot of news from WETA and the Hobbit line, and all my money will go there.

Perhaps the maquette of Frodo and Sam to be announced in the Spoktacular Preorder?

Given that the Witch King maquette in its true form intended to launch this month of March 2013.

They sent a mail two month ago (newsletter 01/08/2012) that Sauron will be for preorder at Spooktacular. I think that is difficult to have two LOTR items for preorder at same time, specially becouse Sauron will be expensive, but I don't know.
I think we will see Sam+Frodo before the film, but after Spooktacular, but it's just my opinion.

I would venture to guess we will see both during spook. Since they both appeared at sdcc it makes sense.

I think I haven't seen 2 LOTR items the same month for years.
For example, last year we had for preorder Legolas on January, Gimli on February, the Black Orc PF on March, Boromir on July, Arwen on august, Snow Troll on September and Ringwright on October. A lot of orders but on differents months.
This is the reason for thinking that we will seen them on November or December...but its only a personal opinion, and preorder on October could be very good.
Anyway, I'll be happy if they are for preorder this year.

NOTE.- I think that LOTR statues are at 1:6 scale.

so josh...it's time.

when will the last one - merry & pippin be announced/previewed? end of this year? :panic:

Back