Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hobbit hype is just that, hype.
There is very little cross-over sales.
Therefore, SS is not banking on the Hobbit media blitz
The Dark rider and Sauron PFs are slow sellers
The last half of 2012 was the litmus test for SS
Frodo and Sam are the last of the maquettes
Dark Rider and Sauron are the last of the PFs
SS is done with Middle Earth

my 2 cents ;)

You couldn't be more wrong.

Probably but when was the last time we learned of a completely new product? Both PFs were long expected and there is nothing on the horizon. I think the twilight wraith was a surprise but beyond that? Can anyone guess at the next piece to be released?

I can't see Sideshow being finished with Middle-earth just yet...at least I hope not. :pray:

But we need to do our bit too. :wink1:

If we don't buy LOTR, SS won't make LOTR. :monkey2

Lets just wait and see what the future holds. :wink1:

I'm sure we'll see more LOTR from SS in the new year, if not before...but more likely in the new year at this stage, I should think. :yess:

:duff
Bill

I just don't get the slowness of the entire hobby. Pieces are teased months before going on sale, then you have a 9 month wait for delivery. The entire hobby just moves too slowly for my taste. Luckily I a have about 7 hobbies too many as is ;) I mean I don't want to wait 3-4 years to get a complete display of the Fellowship I just want it done and over with.

Well there was that picture of Lurtz to mull over for now, and also the promise of SS to deliver the whole Fellowship in maquette form, so that gives us hope of Merry and Pippin.

We had 3 statues in 2011 and 4 (5 if you count the Snow Troll in) in 2012. 2 more are up for PO for 2013 and at least some sketches for Lurtz and (possibly) High Elven Warrior have been seen. So 1/2 of the statue amount we could expect is up for PO and as long as one more will be announced until their release I'm not too worried about the line. But I agree, if they would release up to 6 statues a year would be more fun.

I think if we see the Merry and Pippin they would see a pop in sales of the other pieces because we would have full buy in. Until then I will wait on Frodo/Sam and haven't picked up some of the others either. And M/P needs to be VERY cool and hopefully very hobbit-y to make up for the costuming choices for Frodo/Sam.

I think if we see the Merry and Pippin they would see a pop in sales of the other pieces because we would have full buy in. Until then I will wait on Frodo/Sam and haven't picked up some of the others either. And M/P needs to be VERY cool and hopefully very hobbit-y to make up for the costuming choices for Frodo/Sam.

:goodpost: To disappoint me further they had to make the exclusive cover the one thing that made the statue about Hobbits.

:goodpost: To disappoint me further they had to make the exclusive cover the one thing that made the statue about Hobbits.

You don't like that the exclusive of the Frodo/Sam statue is the masked head? You realize though that the regular part is the unmasked portraits?

You don't like that the exclusive of the Frodo/Sam statue is the masked head? You realize though that the regular part is the unmasked portraits?

Aye, but why would you want the exclusive to cover the best headsculpt in this line so far (Frodo) and take away any semblance to being about Hobbits that the statue has? Maybe if it was like the Gimli exclusive where you could replace one of the rocks with a helmet I would have liked it. Oh well, just nit-picking.

The helmets don't fit over the sculpts though. They're totally seperate sculpts. So you can display them how you choose. You can go with the helmet sculpts or non.

The helmets don't fit over the sculpts though. They're totally seperate sculpts. So you can display them how you choose. You can go with the helmet sculpts or non.

Oy, I realize that. :thud: I will just never, ever, use that sculpt over the regular one, so I find it to be a waste of an exclusive. I understand the statue will come with 4 distinct headsculpts, it's just that 2 of them I find useless.

Well, that's not how your posts come across. It reads like you thought the helms went over the sculpts and not that we get 2 sculpts per character (one sculpt with them wearing the helmets, and one without them wearing the helmets). I won't use them either but for what the statue cover its a fitting ex.

Well, that's not how your posts come across. It reads like you thought the helms went over the sculpts and not that we get 2 sculpts per character (one sculpt with them wearing the helmets, and one without them wearing the helmets). I won't use them either but for what the statue cover its a fitting ex.

I don't see how I came across like that, but whatever :1-1:

Well, the year is nearly over. Time for 2013 predictions, anyone?

Our Schedule so far:

Aragorn
Gandalf
Legolas

Gimli
Arwen
Boromir
Ringwraith
Snow Troll

Witch King
Frodo and Sam

What's coming next? So far the only concept sketches seen are the Elven Warrior and Lurtz. Although we haven't seen any concepts, we only require Merry and Pippin to finish the Fellowship. Frodo and Sam never had any concepts released, so a reveal could come at any time. However, Sideshow now has The Hobbit license. Will 2013 and Middle-Earth coming into the spotlight again mean Sideshow will delay or speed up their LOTR maquette line? Let's hope the latter, with The Hobbit goodness thrown in as well.

GIMME THE HOBBITS! :lol

Merry/Pippin will happen in 2013 I believe and I think we see something like Lurtz as well.

Back