1/6 Episode III Obi-Wan IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Obi-Wan IMAGE Thread

your repain/resculpts are awesome Hunky I'd love to repaint my figs more acccurately but quite frankly i just don't have the balls to do that to my figures. But I always love to see the results when some one does

BDarin73 said:
your repain/resculpts are awesome Hunky I'd love to repaint my figs more acccurately but quite frankly i just don't have the balls to do that to my figures. But I always love to see the results when some one does

There are several of us here who have the balls to do it for you!:lol

Last edited:

That is so cool Hunky Artist!!! I love the beard especially! It look so much better thinned down like that! Great stuff, man!

thanks guys :monkey3

...and Mikey's right, there are a few of us now on the forum who can do stuff like this for people. I don't think any of the non-customisers ever need go without, given the choice and variety of people they have to ask for help :)

yay custom people! :lol

Wow I dunno how I missed those new pictures but they look amazing Darren. Can't wait till its my turn to get a pair of these heads from you. And of course the extra Anakin for a Sith Eyed Vader. Man, pure gold.

thanks Memnoch :) :monkey3

I just did these for someone in a private message who mentioned that it was hard to see what had been changed on the Obi as they were all subtle changes. Everything in red has either been cut away, resculpted, or built up on. (like last time, ignore the paint job... I rushed it and messed up the eyes, but you get the idea about the sculpt)

Basically everything red is what was changed from the original sculpt. Pics of before, after, and the changes made...

original.jpg

after.jpg

changes.jpg

Kenobi & Skywalker hunt Ventress on Ilum...

The jedi duo search for Dooku's errand girl in the icy wastes of Ilum...

396683357_8eecfc325b_o.jpg

396683363_571b287eb4_o.jpg

396683379_c53b94edb2_o.jpg

396683383_319d6ff75f_o.jpg

Just havin' more fun in the snow....

(Sidenote: I think it's kinda neat how the intense paint on these (especially Ani's lips) looks quite appropriate in the frozen setting, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

To be continued (if I still have any snow on the ground when Ventress is released... :))

Cool pics man, I hope we can get some Endor or Tatooine shots from you when the weather warms up again!

jedibear said:
Oh don't worry...I have plenty of pine trees around for Endor! :)

can we have all Jedis doing Snow Angels ?

..I do love all these snow pics that are being taken. The figures look very very cool in this setting

Re: Kenobi & Skywalker hunt Ventress on Ilum...

(Sidenote: I think it's kinda neat how the intense paint on these (especially Ani's lips) looks quite appropriate in the frozen setting, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Yup, the lips does look appropriate in the snow. Can't wait for ventress to make her appearance :D

let's revive an old thread, why not lol

These are the latest two commissioned paint ups of my resculpts. Last time I posted pics (in my custom gallery on here) they were only halfway through and looked like this...

during1.jpg

Now I'm pretty much finished with them, just a few more layers of details to go on and some finishing off, then they'll be done. Should be finished tomorrow I reckon. Then some varnish and dullcote and they'll be ready to go off to their new homes.

It's quite annoying really..... I'm already at the point where I want to go back and repaint my own, because my painting is just getting better with each head I paint.... and they're always better than the first ones that I did for myself :lol Oh well.

Here's where they're up to tonight... (nasty flashy photography... my apologies)

almost1.jpg

almost2.jpg

almost3.jpg

almost4.jpg

almost5.jpg

hunky_artist said:
let's revive an old thread, why not lol

These are the latest two commissioned paint ups of my resculpts. Last time I posted pics (in my custom gallery on here) they were only halfway through and looked like this...

during1.jpg

Now I'm pretty much finished with them, just a few more layers of details to go on and some finishing off, then they'll be done. Should be finished tomorrow I reckon. Then some varnish and dullcote and they'll be ready to go off to their new homes.

It's quite annoying really..... I'm already at the point where I want to go back and repaint my own, because my painting is just getting better with each head I paint.... and they're always better than the first ones that I did for myself :lol Oh well.

Here's where they're up to tonight... (nasty flashy photography... my apologies)

almost1.jpg

almost2.jpg

almost3.jpg

almost4.jpg

almost5.jpg

When I get a budget for customizing work, you're getting the first PM, mate!

Beautiful work HA. It always amazes me to see a skilled painter's work.

Hi guys just changed my obi wan on to a Hot Toys body and it looks great. still going to take the tunic apart and make it more fitted and make the tailbards longer. Oh and also put the sideshow hand on i think.

Also getting 1 of those amazing repaints of Darren Carnall so this figure will look kick @ss when its finished :)

Looks good, but I think the HT body may be a bit to big for Obi. I think SS should have released him on the same body as Luke.

Peteskywalker said:
Hi guys just changed my obi wan on to a Hot Toys body and it looks great. still going to take the tunic apart and make it more fitted and make the tailbards longer. Oh and also put the sideshow hand on i think.

Also getting 1 of those amazing repaints of Darren Carnall so this figure will look kick @ss when its finished :)

i think he'll look fantastic with the head and readjusted clothes. the hot toys body also looks really great - a definite improvement. evilface is just being a negative nancy.

Back