Figuremaster Les' Figural Fabrications

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome Joker, Les! Outstanding. I never can get over the hair. It adds so much reality to it. But the new paint job is terrific. Very smouldering, seething Joker. Love it.

CONGRATS ON 6,000

Thanks everyone.
Welcome to my anniversary 6000th post!

No, no Les figures made this week! :lol I may do that soon though. The idea of little me holding Joker heads is too funny. Not as far on anything this week, due to ma issues and what nots, but I am slowly painting when I can.
She is not doing well, and I only just yesterday got to speak to her doctor, so a lot is going on daily with her. I will try to keep you guys informed if things get better in that area.

I will have something headpaint and figurewise to post soon. I just didn't get far enough on them for this post. But, thanks to MaulFan, I have something I can post just to celebrate this milestone for me, low as it is for some here, but for me, I wanted to do something special.

It just so happens that today is my second anniversary here. I have been a member here, at Sideshow Freaks, officially for two years now. (See first post date, and oddly enough, subject posted, a Joker!), so I had Maulfan cook me up a graphic to acknowledge the anniversary and show some of my headpaints in the last two years.
Best celebratory thing I could do under the circumstances.

So, here is my official 6000th post image, and a big, heartfelt THANK YOU to all of you, those I have done work for, and am doing for now. And just know, there is much more to come!

6k.jpg

And for fun and for those curious, a quick look at a test Interrogation Joker head, to see how the new hair and makeup might look....under Arkham Asylum lighting....

IJ005aid.jpg

With flash

IJ002.jpg

And again, thanks to all of you. You guys have kept me going these last couple of weeks. My turn to cheer you all up soon. Many heads and stuff to come! :rock

Til next update...

I was mesmerized by Les' hair work on his first head, and each new one is just more and more refined and cool, and as a figure photographer, that extra touch enhances the photos so much. My absolute favorite shot I got of Les' figure, and I can say I like one above all of them, looks perfectly like a real person, nothing suggest figure whatsoever and the fraying strands of hair are really what takes it there. Always fun shooting a Les Walker Joker head.

The hair looks very real.

So, that's three Joker variants? You're doing one more, right?

Got to take a picture with them all side-by-side. :rock

The hair looks very real.

So, that's three Joker variants? You're doing one more, right?

Got to take a picture with them all side-by-side. :rock

Post 6001....

I will indeed post the variants when I get the third (fourth actually, counting my original as a street Joker variant of sorts), so when you see my third one, I hope I can surpise you all even again with my same ole sculpt.
Thanks for the kind words. I owe all of you who are getting one, my very best, so that pushes me each time.

Plus, I have seen that Kojun paint too, and Kuato's paints, and am supercharged each time. Awesome work on those guys. Honored to be in your company. :rock

BUT....
First things first. I do sorta have some other guys to finish first. Hickses, Bales, MANY others...The Jokers will be along and along, as they are tough paints, and I want each to be top drawer and not production line. And then there's the hair. It is working each time, and I am trying some things out, so the variants have some structural differences too. I can't recast each head, but I can personalize them some, so look for that too.

Personal stuff. Went to the doctor today. Mostly at my Dad's insistence, and my sister's, to get a quick checkup on my stress handling skills, which have been remiss of late. Had a good session and will be addressing all that anew. At least I am now doing something about it. Up to now, all these months, it's been me, an old Dad, my Sister down occasionally, some visits from friends and emails. Now, I am DOING something. Feel kind of relieved actually. I am even getting a physical in two weeks, so I am doing some proactive self care here.
I cannot let my friends and customers down. Plus, like I have said, I do live for this figure stuff, and when it is rocking, I am rocking. It's just been so hard worrying about my Mom all this while.
Oh, and she gets out of the hospital next weekend, and we don't yet have a place for her to go yet...FUN FUN FUN! Trying to work all that out. I hope her chair can go with her. I will keep you all updated on that. It ain't over yet.

So anyway, consider some things being dealt with on my end healthwise and let's leave that to that.

Mo pics, Mo stuff, Mo paints, and Mo fun, COMING SOON! :rock

Oh, and got in my new Amok Time figures, the pretty cool 1/6 Rondo Hatton, and the VERY FRIKKIN' COOL 1/6 GORT AND KLAATU set! WOW!
Now, those kinds of figures will cheer you up! If you haven't gotten the Gort and Klaatu, GET THEM! For around $110 or whatever, THEY ROCK! Amazing set. Head repaints and details to come. And where's Hurricane! I need my Gort head blinky light working soon! Hey Glenn!!!!

Anyway, more to come. Stay tuned!

Kongrats on 6000 Les!!!!!!!!!

And HOLY F'N CRAP!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

That Joker if F'N SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bow :bow :bow

The realism, amongst other things, in your recent Joker repaint Les is just phenomenal. Truly amazing.

All the best Les! :)

Oh, and got in my new Amok Time figures, the pretty cool 1/6 Rondo Hatton, and the VERY FRIKKIN' COOL 1/6 GORT AND KLAATU set! WOW!
Now, those kinds of figures will cheer you up! If you haven't gotten the Gort and Klaatu, GET THEM! For around $110 or whatever, THEY ROCK! Amazing set. Head repaints and details to come. And where's Hurricane! I need my Gort head blinky light working soon! Hey Glenn!!!!

Anyway, more to come. Stay tuned!

My Gort and Klaatu just arrived as well... such a cool set. Can't wait to see the repaint of Klaatu; really the low point of the set, but still great for $110 :rock

Les, you are three for three on your joker paints. This latest version is insane. It's perfect. Picking which paint version I want just might be the hardest decision I've come by in my collecting days. Amazing work, and to think you still have one more paint scheme coming down the pipe.

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 6000TH POST LES! :banana :D

I'm really happy for you. I hope your work continues to flow well, and you stay in great health too. I'll be praying for you like I always have. :angelsmil

VBR,

Mike

Congrats on reaching such a milestone Les,here's to the next 6000 containing just as much awesome work!

That Arkham Inmate picture is absolutely incredible! You keep outdoing yourself, always striving to improve on the work you did previously. Very very cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back