Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* SSC IRON MAN MKVI LSB ARC REACTOR...

So at long last I got round to tackling the Arc Reactor issue on my Iron Man MKVI Legendary Scale Bust which Sideshow had totally bodged up by placing the Arc Reactor the wrong way round :slap that's right, all 3000 of these busts suffered the same fate and almost all those who had PO'd this bust or already received it had either cancelled or returned their ones back for a full refund, which is totally understandable. As an Iron Man fan, I just couldn't do it...I guess I'd been waiting for so long to receive this piece and so wanted to at least have a go at fixing the darn thing! Well, I did it! :yess: So guys, I present to you the Sideshow Iron Man MKVI Legendary Scale Bust with the Arc Reactor the right way round :lol :lol

a9u3usa8.jpg

yteqyves.jpg

seve9amy.jpg

ysyhynuz.jpg

ne6udyza.jpg

pusubu8a.jpg

That's the way to do it man. Big fail on Sideshow's part though. Smh

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* I'VE GOT ONE BIGGER THAN THE OTHER!!W

That is bizarre. Shows not a robust QC process at all for this piece

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* I'VE GOT ONE BIGGER THAN THE OTHER!!W

How did the bigger one fit in the box? Seriously...are the foam trays the same? How is it possible to have that big of a difference in size? I wonder if they split the fabrication between 2 factories?

WTF indeed! That's a pretty substantial difference in size :lol :slap

If you have a scale you should weigh them both for us Andy.

On another note: Who doesn't like a bigger bust? :monkey3

:exactly: :lol will definately have to get the scales out me thinks :wink1:

That's the way to do it man. Big fail on Sideshow's part though. Smh

Hey, thanks so much Nick :hi5: much appreciated brother

That is bizarre. Shows not a robust QC process at all for this piece
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Certainly is Daryl...was expecting to see a little difference in the battle damage application but to have one which is noticeably bigger is very strange indeed....

How did the bigger one fit in the box? Seriously...are the foam trays the same? How is it possible to have that big of a difference in size? I wonder if they split the fabrication between 2 factories?

Box appears to be the same as the original Kris although I haven't compared the styrofoam yet, certainly a good point...

So what's the deal with the EB Robocop Andy? It's really weird that OSB doesn't seem to be selling it?

Are you still getting it mate?

One bigger than the other? WTF? :lol Crazy

Hey Steve, I was just saying to another Steve (Darkavatar) earlier today that I've completely lost interest in Enterbay's Robocop figure :( not sure if it's the lack of blue tint on the armour or just the gimmicky features of the remote controls and audio chip that are making it look more NECA :lol either way, the teaser pics from PCS and their new 1/4 Robocop statue is enough to divert my attention to their version so I'm gonna sit tight for now.

I can't believe how many PO's I've made just this year alone and it's only March!! :horror here's the list so far...this doesn't include the PO's of last year that haven't arrived yet...

Punisher PF
Wonder Woman PF EX
Keaton Batman PF EX
Iron Patriot Maquette
Comic Captain America PF EX
Movie Captain America PF EX
GG Black Widow
Christopher Reeve PF EX

:lol :lol

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* SSC IRON MAN MKVI LSB ARC REACTOR FIX

Hey Andy, I found something for you :wink1:

someone has removed the white from the glass

(credits to Yuusuke Uematsu)

1964916_609683012453637_1445825238_n.jpg

1797362_609683245786947_689132131_n.jpg

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* SSC IRON MAN MKVI LSB ARC REACTOR FIX

One bigger than the other? WTF? :lol Crazy

:lol:lol when it comes to Sideshow be prepared for a little 'crazy' :lol

Hey Andy, I found something for you :wink1:

someone has removed the white from the glass

(credits to Yuusuke Uematsu)

1964916_609683012453637_1445825238_n.jpg

1797362_609683245786947_689132131_n.jpg

Wow! :horror thanks for sharing Oktay :clap haven't seen that before although I can't say I'm a big fan of that look....think I prefer the white sheet on...still, I'm sure he can easily refit it on right?

You've done it again Andy! well done on the AR fix, I knew you could do it. Was I right in reading your buying another one?? :lol you are truly Iron Man nuts dude lol looking forward to seeing your repainted Mark42 :panic:

Thanks my friend :1-1: very kind words as ever :) and have I got a great news for you!! :yess: big update coming up tomorrow with the reveal of my 1/4 Iron Man MKXLII by Iron Studios with complete repaint :panic: :panic:

Thanks my friend :1-1: very kind words as ever :) and have I got a great news for you!! :yess: big update coming up tomorrow with the reveal of my 1/4 Iron Man MKXLII by Iron Studios with complete repaint :panic: :panic:
That's great news Andy :woolooking forward to seeing this :exactly:

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* I'VE GOT ONE BIGGER THAN THE OTHE...

Okay guys, here is an update on my 1/4 Iron Man MKXLII statue by Iron Studios which I was going to have repainted as the original paint apps seriously let this piece down. In my opinion it was these original paint apps which stopped this piece from being a true hit for us Iron Man fans instead. A shame as it has so much potential with that killer pose and awesome light features.

So what was so bad about the original paint apps? Well, for starters, Iron Studios totally got the colour scheme wrong in my opinion. The choice of red colours were way too bright and the gold appeared to have too much green and yellow added to it and therefore was miles away from looking like the prototype (which lets face it, is what we see when we pre order an item and what makes want to buy it. Yes, I understand that the majority of production pieces hardly ever look like the prototype but in this case the differences were way off :( Then of course there was the actual application of the paint...these concerns did vary from statue to statue as not all had sloppy paint work. Mine was actually okay with a few lines off here and there, certainly forgivable considering this was Iron Studios first release since coming together as a company but the ones that looked bad looked really bad :( So here are some pics of how the proto looked paired up to the production piece....

Here is the Proto
4epubamu.jpg

And here is the Production Piece
u4y4ahu2.jpg

As you can see, the paint apps were totally way off...

ysyva6u3.jpg

So once I purchased mine I knew right away that I wouldn't be able to live the paint apps as it was so it was a no brainer to have this repainted. However, on this occasion, this repaint was something that was way out of my league and so had to send it off to my good friend and pro painter here in the UK as I trusted him to be able to pull this off.

A month on and the statue has been completed and was received a few days ago. All I can say is that he did a great job! :thud: When I say that these pics do not do it justice is an understatement...it looks like the real thing inhand and the colours are just how I wanted. By using the MKXLII reference pics from the movie Iron Man 3 he was able to pull off what must have been a pretty difficult job.

So here are the pics guys...i'll start off with some comparison shots as these show best at what a great job was done!! Thanks for looking and enjoy :wave

hysedyre.jpg

5yvenysu.jpg

Last edited:

ysy3e5ev.jpg

gege4yre.jpg

3anemy6u.jpg

And a comparison pic with the proto and repaint...
azu4yby3.jpg

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* IRON MAN MKXLII REPAINT IS COMPLETE!!

I'm not too familiar with this IM statue but the original paint looks like a toy in comparison with yours. Excellent job there Andy! :clap

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* IRON MAN MKXLII REPAINT IS COMPLE...

I'm not too familiar with this IM statue but the original paint looks like a toy in comparison with yours. Excellent job there Andy! :clap

Thanks so much Serg :1-1: really appreciate the kind words buddy :) Yea, this is the MK42 armour that was used in the movie Iron Man 3...here are some movie reference pics that I used when trying to get the colours right ;)

uzu9ares.jpg

3yhy6yva.jpg

ysy3e5ev.jpg

gege4yre.jpg

3anemy6u.jpg

And a comparison pic with the proto and repaint...
azu4yby3.jpg

Oh the color on the original was so awful looks like yellow green and bright red. What a difference! The proto also has bright red to which is wrong, so yours looks more accurate than the proto since the red color is maroon on the real suit and not bright red like the paint job on the proto. Once again great job Andy! :clap

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* IRON MAN MKXLII REPAINT IS COMPLETE P

:clap nice job, much much better then original. LED + showcase = awesome ^^

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* IRON MAN MKXLII REPAINT IS COMPLETE P

Wow buddy!! looks much better now... It should have been like that since the start!!

Congrats :)

Wow that is how the mk42 is meant to look beyond awesome now :)

And this is the definitive iron man pose as well

Back