Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to get this. Probably will eventually

tumblr_m6dz23CDvw1rz5q3go1_500.gif

work in progress.

as i don't use tsang head for P2, the double body & the tsang head go to GORT.
helmet can be replaced with face as it was originally intended on this figure.
necks are shortened as usual.

gort_005_zps535004b3.jpg:original

gort_006_zpsa83170b9.jpg:original

Wow, nice!
May i know how do you make the Guardian Mask fit on the new P2 head?

Wow, nice!
May i know how do you make the Guardian Mask fit on the new P2 head?
same as for classic head and Boar helmet: a sculpt to fit the helmet.
i made some photos of inner construction, but, as nobody was interested before, i didn't cut & resize them to load and share.
do you want to see them?

same as for classic head and Boar helmet: a sculpt to fit the helmet.
i made some photos of inner construction, but, as nobody was interested before, i didn't cut & resize them to load and share.
do you want to see them?

Can you show me?
I am interested because i might get another new p2 and mod it into Gort or Scout.

Thanks a lot.

here you go.

0. i cut the cheeks of the helmet from the inside. only thick places that were made to fit narrow P1 face.

1. a sculpt over pseudo jaws taken from insides of a stock helmet.

gort_003_zpscb5898e4.jpg:original

2. a layer of gunmetal paint.

gort_004_zpsd42fb107.jpg:original

3. black added to gunmetal to fit the helmet pattern. then matt/gloss varnish mix added, destroying all the complex pattern but protecting the color itself. plus black added to the fake "border between mask and face" to make a view of a real shadow.

gort_maskfacemod_zps054ba234.jpg:original

4. result.

gort_006_zpsa83170b9.jpg:original

Boar_Snake_Gort001_zpse17b2ef4.jpg:original

there is no "mask chin" on a real gort mask. i am just to lazy to sculpt false jaws and mix colors to match the head.

616_gort.jpg

plus it doesn't lay on head's back because head & helmet shapes there are totally different.

gort_headmod01_zps10f495af.jpg:original

p.s. i forgot to say that i had to narrow the "jaws" part of stock P2 mask as well. with a knife.
basically my goal was to keep the mask separate from the face. so that it could be put on a stand or on another predator if i wish. that's why i didn't just glue that fake jaws part to the mask.

Last edited:
here you go.

0. i cut the cheeks of the helmet from the inside. only thick places that were made to fit narrow P1 face.

1. a sculpt over pseudo jaws taken from insides of a stock helmet.

gort_003_zpscb5898e4.jpg:original

Wow,it really help a lots.
It had give me some clue to fix my problem.
Thank you very much, bro.

:1-1:

Last edited:
glad to help.
please let me use your picture for another "problem fixing" setup.

height_original_zps2ad9b9d4.jpg:original
height_stock_01_zps87d5bad1.jpg:original
height_neckmod_01_zps2b0d38f4.jpg:original

height_stock_zps1940555f.jpg:original
height_neckmod_zpscb3e0b0c.jpg:original

i have a tutorial for that, too. but that is rather difficult to perform for the first time.

glad to help.
please let me use your picture for another "problem fixing" setup.

height_original_zps2ad9b9d4.jpg:original
height_stock_01_zps87d5bad1.jpg:original
height_neckmod_01_zps2b0d38f4.jpg:original

height_stock_zps1940555f.jpg:original
height_neckmod_zpscb3e0b0c.jpg:original

i have a tutorial for that, too. but that is rather difficult to perform for the first time.

I see the problem, the neck is too long.
Cut the neck joint?
Thanks.

See last night was going too well as I scored me the Jock Iron Man and Dredd posters butthe gods saw fit for it not to come out all Millhouse!

The flippen lance feel out of his hands (remember I said how I hated the loss bits to this figure) and dropped to the wodden floor and broke.
Hit the floor so hard, I cannot even find the parts that broke.

Does anybody have a spare lance from this guy?

I know there are other lances but the paint app on this one is the best I think.

See last night was going too well as I scored me the Jock Iron Man and Dredd posters butthe gods saw fit for it not to come out all Millhouse!

The flippen lance feel out of his hands (remember I said how I hated the loss bits to this figure) and dropped to the wodden floor and broke.
Hit the floor so hard, I cannot even find the parts that broke.

Does anybody have a spare lance from this guy?

I know there are other lances but the paint app on this one is the best I think.

How about this ?

https://www.toyanxiety.com/predator2cityhunterpredator-spearexpandable.aspx

I agree with you on the paint. At least compared to the spear that comes with the Shadow Pred the paint is much nicer.

Back