Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this really worth getting the first version of this that I got was a fragile mess, especially the wonky arms.:gah:

It was a no brainer to get the version 2 of the classic or Hunter Predator, but this one I'm debating.

This is my 1st pred and the head can pop off easy and the stand doesnt work to well with this big guy . I cant wait to get my other preds scar and p1 and start a kick *** clan of preds. All of the preds will be a sweet set up. Once you get this guy you will see how well he is done.

Huh, I only just noticed that thing that pops up out of the left gauntlet. Not the self destruct panel, the other thing. What is that meant to be? The spear gun or something?

in predator 2 they said (in audio comments on special version dvd) something like that the new predator got rockets (among other "new toys" named).
his new shoulder gun had two barrels - one big and one very tiny. i guess big is for plasma and small for rockets.

rocket shot and its result (sparkles after the hit):

01-1.jpg:original

02-1.jpg:original

04.jpg:original

05-1.jpg:original

same was used to kill a voodo gangsta in penthouse.

plasma shot and its result. plasma is actually shot only once during the movie, if i don't forget anything.

11-1.jpg:original

12-1.jpg:original

13-1.jpg:original

14-1.jpg:original

judging by arm shot shape, fire tail and moving trajectory it's a rocket going out of that spiky thing. (the spiky thing remains on it place).

52a7dde7037e.jpg

0954e87f33f2.jpg

i cannot add eleventh image to the post, but Harrigan has same sparkles after he was hit with that like in other rocket hits throughout the movie.

i alwys thought the pop up wrist thing shot the dart that danny finds in the penthouse they think is a spear tip. when the CH is camo in the penthouse battle scene he fires it i think. points arm at victim and you see the flare like dart thing fire.

does look like the plasma cannon has two barrels as well tho.

Yeah, even if it's not the case I like to think it is so that scene makes more sense to me.

i alwys thought the pop up wrist thing shot the dart that danny finds in the penthouse they think is a spear tip.
visual effects of:
- flying speed and trajectory
- impact effect
- shooting effect
are shown for both things and are totally different.

plus you can clearly see a barrel here, it has same diameter with the shoulder cannon extra one.

52a7dde7037e.jpg

a dart cannot be shot from it. it is several times bigger.

hischnik-2.jpg

Thanks. Can't wait to get the mask I ordered from Taylor now. I'm not a fan of unmasked Preds. I can appreciate the uniqueness of the mandible design but I really like the way they look so much better with the mask on.

Thanks. Can't wait to get the mask I ordered from Taylor now. I'm not a fan of unmasked Preds. I can appreciate the uniqueness of the mandible design but I really like the way they look so much better with the mask on.

you ordered a set as well nice bud :hi5: i did to except i still dont have a city hunter :lol but next week i will

Naw I just ordered the shoulder cannon, unpainted, I'm plenty happy with the HT mask. I ordered the Beast mask for my custom Shadow Pred.

epic pic ded!:clap

DUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh...

:nana:

alwys thought the second barell was a design detail and not functional in any way, never even considered it a second barell till now.

Last edited:
I always assumed it was a laser sight which now that I have thought about it for more than two seconds I realize is a really stupid thing to think.

Has anyone had to do any mods to get the City Hunter predator's head to fit on properly and tightly? Mine doesnt seem to want to push all the way down onto the ball joint no matter how hard I push.

Has anyone had to do any mods to get the City Hunter predator's head to fit on properly and tightly? Mine doesnt seem to want to push all the way down onto the ball joint no matter how hard I push.

Same thing with mine. I discovered the neck collar was the problem so I carefully cut it down using a new razor blade(from the larger diameter side). After cutting enough away, the head sits more securely and the neck looks fine.

Back