1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Picked up my case today :)

My tumbler won't ship from Sideshow until the end of September though :(

C1F816F6-C466-41EA-B783-D5844F1175ED-575-00000051C3411E11.jpg

Where did you get this case please ?

Love Klipsch... rocking them for my home theater as well!

Quick question... are these window wiper blades moveable?

I don't think so...let's put it this way: The blades seem delicate enough & there's no way I'm gonna try to force them to move for fear of breaking them. There's a hell of a lot of delicate parts to this thing.

Looks great Karnis, congrats.

Thanks dude!

Last edited:

Where did you get this case please ?

I picked mine up from a local plastics company here in Ottawa. Here is their website.

https://canusplastics.com/

It is really good quality and is very sturdy. It was $175 + tax. Not sure if they ship but you can always email and ask. I love it and will totally be getting them to make me one for my 89 Batmobile next year.

I remember to remove the pin you need to wiggle the wheel itself a little back and forth along the rotational axis as the pin needs to be center to the locking hole it is to make it easier to remove. If you were holding onto the wheel and pushing it in one or the other direction you are ultimately jamming the pin to the edge of the pinhole ... hope that kinda makes sense to you?

dang just saw your post of the case.... where were you when I was looking :D

So SSC is offering me either a $60 credit, a $50 refund, or a full exchange for my Tumbler with the missing piston in the back...I contacted Hot Toys to see if they would just let me buy the stupid piston (they must have extras) What to do, what to do...:gah:

7666C2D4-orig.jpg

Any videos how to open canopy all the way. I can't figure it out!!!!!

What's everyones plans to display this beauty?

Man repacking this thing and sending it back would be a pain in the ass. Give the man a god damn piston!

So SSC is offering me either a $60 credit, a $50 refund, or a full exchange for my Tumbler with the missing piston in the back...I contacted Hot Toys to see if they would just let me buy the stupid piston (they must have extras) What to do, what to do...:gah:

7666C2D4-orig.jpg

Send it back. For $500 you shouldn't have to make compromises. A piece missing like that would drive me bananas.

7666C2D4-orig.jpg

Guess it really depends on your outlook of this. How much did you pay for it (ok, how much did it cost you for shipping and tax if any?). That is what you need to really ask yourself.

If people take money in place of a item that you paid big money for. Then what is really to stop them from caring about the end item?

This happen to me with SSC. I would not take the money and let them replace the item. I paid with shipping and tax close to $600 for a item. That the hand would come off.

One thing you may give some thought about. If you go to sell it. You would be selling a broken one.

Send it back. For $500 you shouldn't have to make compromises. A piece missing like that would drive me bananas.

Wow we where posting at the same time. That is what I said (more words)

Help me. How do I open canopy. Anxiety killing me lol

It comes with instructions. Read them? Or youtube a video. I don't really know how you're so confused. Pop the front portion out of its slots, push straight up on the back portion until the hinges straighten, push down on the front portion, and then you just slide the front portion under the back portion before setting both down.

So ya... the instructions do the job 10x better than what I can describe lol.

Blasting Capts, I heard work really well. Just make sure you put it on Youtube :) (Sorry could not pass it up). But really all HT items that I own come with instructions (I even used one once).

7666C2D4-orig.jpg

IF Hot Toys can't send you a replacement part for the cost of shipping, get a replacement from SSC. $60 credit or $50 cash is a poor substitute for a broken $500 collectible!

IF Hot Toys can't send you a replacement part for the cost of shipping, get a replacement from SSC. $60 credit or $50 cash is a poor substitute for a broken $500 collectible!

:exactly:

Last year I seen a 1/2? T-800 head that was broken on ebay sell for $95 plus shipping. Just think how much she lost on the cost ver what she sold it for. Is it worth it, do it fast. SSC may make you pay for shipping cost back to them if you do not do it fast.

7666C2D4-orig.jpg

BTW is that something that can just be put over the pin or is it the full part missing? If it just a missing little part, send me a new one. If its the full one. Send me the whole thing.

Back