1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Tumbler003600.jpg

I'm very sad right now. :(

Argh man that sucks :(

Tumbler003600.jpg

This worries me a lot. :-( There seem to be a lot of QC problems on this run of Tumblers. It's like they didn't care because they are getting their money. I'm hoping since I won't get mine till Oct or Nov that this will be resolved.

Couldn't resist it anymore :gah:

Bought a Tumbler from a US seller on eBay for $505 shipped to Miami, and hired a postal service which will ship from Miami to Chile for $190 ... at this point this was my best bang for buck option .. lets see how it ends ...

Did you order from Kokomo Toys? I almost gave in and bought from them. They are the cheapest on ebay and they are only an hour and a half away from my house. If it wasn't for my deposit with Sideshow I would have bought that in an instant and drove there lol

Did you order from Kokomo Toys? I almost gave in and bought from them. They are the cheapest on ebay and they are only an hour and a half away from my house. If it wasn't for my deposit with Sideshow I would have bought that in an instant and drove there lol

Yes, I bought from Kokomo Toys... they seems to have the Tumbler on stock. Are they good sellers? I saw they have like over 10.000 sales on eBay, and 99.9% positive feedback, so they sounds good. I guess if you would bought from them, you would save ~$50

Its all plastic, I think there will be more damage during the shipping. Heard lots of damage from last time isn't ?

Tumbler003600.jpg

Now that's just crap . Did the box take a wack ? As the turbine is broken off .
I never removed mine from the box was it obvious that the wheel was broken prior to removing it ?

Tumbler003600.jpg

Same issue here Jay, seems like your the 3rd person with the same problem as me. But in my case, it was the right back wheel.

The cap/nut thats found within the rim housing is suppose to lock the wheel onto the axle. I attempted to tear down the wheel to see if i could get to the cap/nut, using a small phillips screw driver. Unfortunately even with the tear down the cap/nut is still inaccessible since its sealed inside the main rim housing. So if you attempt to go this route dont bother to as it will be a waste of time.

I do have a question for you since i want to do a comparison, is the cap/nut loose inside? There doesnt seem to be any kind of spacer behind the nut to push it forward towards the axle. So everytime you push the wheel on to axle it simply drops back right?

I chatted with someone on the board who managed to customize his first version tumbler and he says that it should have popped back on unless the threads are loose but i never saw any kind of thread on the axle.

I tried emailing hot toys to see if they know of an easy way to fix it without having to deal with a full RMA with SS and run the risk of trading in the tumble for one with bigger problems. As usual no response.

At this point according to AlterEgo comics, SS will be looking into the matter for me and see if a replacement wheel will fix the problem. Im still skeptical about this, cause like the question i posted to you, the cap/nut doesnt seem to be secure in the rim housing so pushing the axle in will only push it inside since there is no resistance behind the cap/nut to help it lock back into place.

Just arrived this morning, here are a few quick pics

001-10.jpg

003-10.jpg

004-8.jpg

Nice case, jetfuel. Is it custom made, or did you pick it up from a hobby shop?

Still waiting for FedEx to deliver mine ......

001-10.jpg

003-10.jpg

004-8.jpg

:thud:

I think you should know, I want that room. The whole. effing. room. Do you think that could happen? :lol

Seriously, that set up is amazing, very much what I have in mind for my own entertainment room...someday. And the tumbler is, once again, awesome! Why does the wait have to be so long??? :impatient:

Yes, I bought from Kokomo Toys... they seems to have the Tumbler on stock. Are they good sellers? I saw they have like over 10.000 sales on eBay, and 99.9% positive feedback, so they sounds good. I guess if you would bought from them, you would save ~$50

I'm not sure of how good they are but they are quick with responses so that's a plus and they posted pics of a boxed Tumbler to show that they have them in stock which is nice. And based on their feedback I thought it would be safe to buy from them. But yeah if I would have been able to buy from them I could have saved myself 50-70 from buying anywhere else :-( oh well. End result is still a Tumbler for me so I'm happy. Should they get the Bat-Pod and other Hot Toys though I will go that route and buy from them.

001-10.jpg

003-10.jpg

004-8.jpg

That is just beautiful man, and I love the case. I've been toying with the idea of a giant fish tank and making a diorama inside it but if I could find a case like that I may change my mind lol

Nice case, jetfuel. Is it custom made, or did you pick it up from a hobby shop?

I had a local acrylic guy custom make it for me, Im very pleased with how it came out.

:thud:

I think you should know, I want that room. The whole. effing. room. Do you think that could happen? :lol

Seriously, that set up is amazing, very much what I have in mind for my own entertainment room...someday. And the tumbler is, once again, awesome! Why does the wait have to be so long??? :impatient:

lol, thank you for the compliments

That is just beautiful man, and I love the case. I've been toying with the idea of a giant fish tank and making a diorama inside it but if I could find a case like that I may change my mind lol

The fish tank idea crossed my mind, but it would have to be a fair sized one and it would weigh quite a bit compared to the acrylic. And it only cost me a couple hundred to make the case.

I was just at chosen one collectibles about a half hour ago and someone came in to pick up there tumbler from them. They opened it up in store and I was so jealous:( it was an awesome site to behold in person, congrats to those who got this:)

Now that's just crap . Did the box take a wack ? As the turbine is broken off .
I never removed mine from the box was it obvious that the wheel was broken prior to removing it ?
No the box was in perfect shape & you couldn't tell the wheel had a problem until taking it out of the box.

Same issue here Jay, seems like your the 3rd person with the same problem as me. But in my case, it was the right back wheel.

The cap/nut thats found within the rim housing is suppose to lock the wheel onto the axle. I attempted to tear down the wheel to see if i could get to the cap/nut, using a small phillips screw driver. Unfortunately even with the tear down the cap/nut is still inaccessible since its sealed inside the main rim housing. So if you attempt to go this route dont bother to as it will be a waste of time.

I do have a question for you since i want to do a comparison, is the cap/nut loose inside? There doesnt seem to be any kind of spacer behind the nut to push it forward towards the axle. So everytime you push the wheel on to axle it simply drops back right?

I chatted with someone on the board who managed to customize his first version tumbler and he says that it should have popped back on unless the threads are loose but i never saw any kind of thread on the axle.

I tried emailing hot toys to see if they know of an easy way to fix it without having to deal with a full RMA with SS and run the risk of trading in the tumble for one with bigger problems. As usual no response.

At this point according to AlterEgo comics, SS will be looking into the matter for me and see if a replacement wheel will fix the problem. Im still skeptical about this, cause like the question i posted to you, the cap/nut doesnt seem to be secure in the rim housing so pushing the axle in will only push it inside since there is no resistance behind the cap/nut to help it lock back into place.
I was just pissed off so put it straight back in the box and emailed pics to Sideshow. I'll try to have a look later and let you know. :)

Couldn't resist it anymore :gah:

Bought a Tumbler from a US seller on eBay for $505 shipped to Miami, and hired a postal service which will ship from Miami to Chile for $190 ... at this point this was my best bang for buck option .. lets see how it ends ...

so nice you can finally get this!!!! we should now see if we can get a display case for this? any ideas?

Tumbler just got here a day early. I now have to open and see that I have all wheels attached.:slap

Got mine today & for the most part it came in good shape. The steering console had come off the tab that slides forward & back but I snapped it on & it's OK. It's all assembled & good to go.

One question...any tips on the easiest way to get the red locking tabs out of the front wheels? The back ones are easy but the front ones....not so much.

Ordered it from Sideshow bud ;)

How much did the whole thing cost from SS to UK if you don't mind saying? With FedEx customs costs and shipping. I always find SS too expensive unless I can only order from them. But tempted by the camo tumbler.
:hi5:

Tumbler-1.jpg

Did it a good once over and all appears to be intact. I will be able to look at more tonight. A very impressive toy to say the least. My first impressions are that this is an incredible item. I just hope the quality is there too.

Back