Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fixing the abnormally long legs. They also sit too far out on the socket on the pelvis piece - a general error with the HT pieces. Also trimmed down the area between pelvis and chest, by basically one spine-section. Not perfect but definitely more accurate proportions.
7655462930_2fb0720815_o.jpg

Looks good, man.

You seem to have great knowledge on the endoskeletal details.

Do to own these old kits and are you this fond of Terminator as you seem to be

How long are you in this?!

Looks good, man.
You seem to have great knowledge on the endoskeletal details.
Do to own these old kits and are you this fond of Terminator as you seem to be
How long are you in this?!
I have basic to limited knowledge about the endoskeletons compared to the die-hards on the endobuilders forum, but I do know shape, proportions and detail.

I own the Halcyon/Tsukuda 1:9 scale kit and though it is lacking in some details and accuracy it did capture the overall proportions of the Stan Winston original endoskeletons.

I've been looking for the Scoop kit for years since I learned about it, but it is as elusive as water on the moon. I would LOVE to own it.

If Hot Toys are really interested in getting the best representation of the endoskeleton out there, they should stop replicating all the usual errors that licensed scaled endoskeletons have and stop adding inaccuracies from other licensed products and go straight to the source - Stan Winston studios themselves. If these suggestions regarding fixes can't help fix the fourth scale... at least hopefully it can help fix the new sixth scale. It really requires a whole new sculpt from top to bottom, not just a straight re-use of the old sculpt with chrome plating. And when the Halcyon 9th scale styrene kit could come in plastic chrome, then why not the Hot Toys as well, without going the probably more expensive route of chrome plating?

The scoop T1 and Halcyon/Tsukuda T2 kits...

Terminator4.jpg

Terminator2.jpg

T-800Side.jpg

T-800Main.jpg

T-800LowAngle.jpg

T-800CU.jpg

T-800Chest.jpg

More accurate than HT?????????

This is the endoskeleton that is residing in Japan. T1 legs (maybe T1 skull), with the rest being T2 style.
Endo-T1-FullSkeleton-07.jpg

And this is a T1 arm that sold at auction
T1-Arm2.jpg

Referencing THIS would have made a more accurate figure.
t1 arms!!! using your pics everybody can see clearly the difference. all i could show were the screenshots.

T1 and T2 stop motion puppet Some images are distorted and make the figure look more compressed than it actually is.

t1-sfx-animation-027.jpg

t1-sfx-animation-022.jpg

t1-sfx-animation-021.jpg

t1-sfx-animation-020.jpg

t1-sfx-animation-019.jpg

t1-sfx-animation-018.jpg

t1-sfx-animation-017.jpg

t1-sfx-animation-016.jpg

t1-sfx-animation-015.jpg

T1Endo23542.jpg

This pic shows you the true proportions:

t1-sfx-animation-026.jpg

Honestly, I would rather have a slightly styalised and not so fragile version of the figure than a strictly 'accurate' representation.

t1 arms!!! using your pics everybody can see clearly the difference. all i could show were the screenshots.

I can certainly see the differance in the hands to the usual T2 endo every company makes.

Whats up with the base of the forearm though? Is it supposed to missing the 'sheath' type cover or is it on the opposite side that we can't see?

He said he wanted HT to buy the molds in one of his posts.

Yes, and rework them. If you are gonna attack me for something I say, please have the decency to actually read the whole thing.

And your pictures are proving my point. Oversized legs on the HT pieces.

I can certainly see the differance in the hands to the usual T2 endo every company makes.

Whats up with the base of the forearm though? Is it supposed to missing the 'sheath' type cover or is it on the opposite side that we can't see?

Yes, that has simply just rotated and is on the underside in those pictures. It's not missing.

Honestly, I would rather have a slightly styalised and not so fragile version of the figure than a strictly 'accurate' representation.
Stylized has nothing to do with altered proportions. There's nothing keeping them from making it strong by keeping the accurate proportions.

Back