Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, and rework them. If you are gonna attack me for something I say, please have the decency to actually read the whole thing.

And your pictures are proving my point. Oversized legs on the HT pieces.

Nobody is attacking you, I just don't agree with what you're saying about the leg proportions and what constitues the 'perfect' T1 figure.

This is my main nitpick about whats lacking from the HT figure:

fix1.jpg

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it. I hope it gets fixed in the production version.

This looks to be supperior from what we've seen so far... And it's fully posable.

And well...obviously the truth lies somewhere between Butters and Garlic (as strange as it sounds :lol )

Butters says it looks great, proportions are ok, as are several details and rebuffs all comparisons to the old kits as the argonauts and so on, although he thinks the neck´s too long.

On the other side Garlic says the proportions are wrong, the head is clearly T2, as are the arms and all see the shoulders and feet lack details.

Is that about right?!

Now please combine this to a list and off to HT.
:lol

Although I have to say that between T1 and T2 there SHOUDLN´T be a difference, since it´s the same series of Terminator.

I would say that the sources should be combined and a definite Endo, with characteristics of both "versions" be made and just be called T-800 Endoskeleton.

You just can´t add every single piece of detail, without ***ing someone off, so I say:
Go for the middle.

Go for the middle and you piss off people on both extremes, who usually happen to be the most vocal but to constitute the minority. . .a lot like politics.

Does the other parts of the figure electroplated plastic? If so, wouldn't that be susceptible to cracking and peeling just like what's been happening to Cap's shield?

That would piss off a LOT if that happens.

Could be, but DID the plating crack?!
Had nothing on my cap.

Regarding the plating HT really needs to step up their game, plating-wise the Endo needs to be perfect!!!!

Last edited:
Although I have to say that between T1 and T2 there SHOUDLN´T be a difference, since it´s the same series of Terminator.
there is a lot more different in t1 and t2 universes than some shape details.
1) in t1 there is no more time travels except t1 and kyle reese.
2) time travel works differently in t1 and t2: in t1 it brings only a body while in t2 it replaces all stuff within a sphere, melting away everything inside it.
(in t1 scenario it caused sending 2 soldiers together, one of them turned out to mounted into a ladder and died, another was kyle reese.)
so... in t1 and t2 there were different time machines.
BUT t2 actually follows the t1 events, so in t2 universe t1 also happened. but it was another t1, from another - first - variant of events. and it resulted in also another terminator design.
so voila, t1-1984 and t2-1991 just happen in different time/dimension universes :) time paradox stuff and so on.
we see the wrong arm in t2 laboratory because from the point of t2 universe that was how t1 looked like.
in t1 universe t2 didn't happen, in t2 universe events, time machines and robot designs were sligtly different. (also perfectly seen on both ground and aerial hunter-killers).

so basically there is no trouble in different designs as long as you accept the idea of parallel universes - no, unforseen creation of a parallel universe - due to first time travel and event errors it caused :)

i guess that excluding butters people here know the movies well enough to remember all the visual details i mentioned, from time displacement sphere effects to hunter-killers designs. if not, i could make some screenshots, but i'm lazy.

I know perfectly what you mean, P.
No screenshots needed and you´re actually right, when I bend my thinking enough...it really IS way more paradox as it looks at first.

But I think it´s a bit much to try and fit, design flaws from one movie to another INTO the story and whole time paradox concept.

And we never got that confirmed that it is REALLY due to the paradox that all is a bit, or even more, different.

Anyhow...getting 2 1:4 Endos and paying 800-900 bucks for paradoxial errors...

Whew...

:monkey2:gah:

So was Arnie still Arnie in T2 ? And did James Cameron still direct both or was it an alternate James Cameron :panic:

Does the other parts of the figure electroplated plastic? If so, wouldn't that be susceptible to cracking and peeling just like what's been happening to Cap's shield?

That would piss off a LOT if that happens.

I'm really confused as to why the plating is succeptable to damage on Cap's shield. Is there seriously no ****ing clearcoat on it? Did they really cheap out that bad? Can it not be clearcoated? If so, then plating is REALLY the wrong way to go. There are much cheaper and much more durable ways to get a completely chromed finish on plastic.

I say enjoy collectables for what they are....looking cool and takingup space, :rock2

I agree with that to a point. The collectors evolved since a few years ago and thus people are asking for more when they pay big bucks for a product.

And well...obviously the truth lies somewhere between Butters and Garlic (as strange as it sounds :lol

Well, it may not be too far off and it seems he also leaves room for improvement, so that's cool. When Hot Toys say they want to make a T1 endoskeleton, then they should make a T1 endoskeleton. Otherwise, what's the point of calling it a movie specific endoskeleton and not just a generic endoskeleton. They are aiming for the T1, so they should go find reference for the T1.

Going back and re-evaluating my thoughts with Butters comments about the proportions being right, I tried finding a picture of the fourth scale that matched that original endoskeleton in Japan. Couldn't find any, so I photographed my Hot Toys T-700 in approximately the same stance and tried overlaying them. Sure, it is not a perfect comparison, but I found that if I scaled the T-700 so the legs fitted, then only the arms also fitted, while chest, spine, pelvis and head was too small. When scaling things to match the head and chest, then arms and legs where too big. So the HT T-700 - which is basically the same as their T-800 - is ill proportioned and I'm seeing the same on the fourth scale.

Too small head and chest in comparison to legs and arms, compared to the original.

If they get the proportions right, I can probably overlook the other details, and just consider it an awesome endoskeleton and not movie specific... but if they really want to hit a home run with a T1 endoskeleton... then the details mentioned by P and some other details of the skull, no knee caps, + the groove and the neck added mentioned by Butters would be perfect.

This is just a quick, crappy, poor work comparison, showing the HT T-700 scaled to the original endoskeleton, so that the legs match. You can see how "skinny" the torso and head looks. I widened and relarged the torso, pelvis and head, but didn't mess with the too much gap between the pelvis and torso (if I had, the comparison would have been better). But they need to make pelvis, spine, chest and head bigger, at least on the sixth scale. I know, I know, this is a thread about the fourth scale, but to me it just looks to me like they upscaled their sixth scale, so the comparison holds in my mind.
Again... this is super crappy photoshop work!!!!!!
P80200011copy.jpg

I think I'm out of my depth on this discussion. I'm off to the DX10 thread to talk about the correct dimensions of Arnie's face.

Again... this is super crappy photoshop work!!!!!!
P80200011copy.jpg
i imagine butters looking at those photos and crying "WHY DO THEY SAY THEY ARE DIFFERENT IF IT IS JUST ONE PICTURE TRIPLE SHOWN!!!" :D
p.s. i never noticed the lack of knee caps. so strange, taking into consideration that elbows depict actual human movement restrictions quite cool.
p.p.s. just for interest - finally found photos saved on my hdd, i took them here on SS freaks, i'd ask the author of a custom to excuse me for not remembering his nickname. but he added the details that i thought about when first heard about the skeleton remake. they are visible in the movie but here they can be seen better for those who didn't know about them.

3a87be82c62f.jpg

2cc24f5f0e06.jpg

7a74cef6878e.jpg

Last edited:
i imagine butters looking at those photos and crying "WHY DO THEY SAY THEY ARE DIFFERENT IF IT IS JUST ONE PICTURE TRIPLE SHOWN!!!" :D

:lol

p.s. i never noticed the lack of knee caps. so strange, taking into consideration that elbows depict actual human movement restrictions quite cool.
p.p.s. just for interest - finally found photos saved on my hdd, i took them here on SS freaks, i'd ask the author of a custom to excuse me for not remembering his nickname. but he added the details that i thought about when first heard about the skeleton remake. they are visible in the movie but here they can be seen better for those who didn't know about them.

3a87be82c62f.jpg

2cc24f5f0e06.jpg

7a74cef6878e.jpg

I remember seeing pics of this custom and THOSE details need to be in this too, if it should really be worth 400 or so bucks.

Did anything more got out on this custom btw?!

Man, I'd love to get such a customization kit, but it would feel like a waste if the endo kit wasn't as accurate as those additions. Is that the ArgoNauts kit?

Back