Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I said before wish they would have thought of a better/not so visible holding rod on the stand.

Whoa...seems like.

I don't have the old one and the new specs didn't say anything about moveable toes, that's why I wondered.

They only mention articulated fingers and 30 points of articulation, but nothing about the toes, y'know?!

The fourth scale ArgoNauts vinyl kit introduced the closed cavity chest, as far as I remember, the abnormal sized legs in comparison to torso and head, and it's stayed with licensed scaled endoskeleton figures ever since.

I was mentioning them as they were T1 style. What didn't you get about that? They incorporated the correct proportions of the overall piece, but yes, they are inferior to the complexity of the HT articulation. Difference is that those are model kits, not articulated figures.

If HT could incorporate the correct body proportions of the actual T1 endoskeleton into their awesome articulated endoskeleton design then it would be a perfect home run.

Do I think the sixth scale HT endoskeleton is the best thing ever? Sure. Until the next "best thing" pops up. HT had the chance to one-up themselves by doing things accurate. But seems they just copied themselves and other licensed products and called it done. Shame.

What didn't you understand about what I said? I still don't agree with you. Those kits details or body proportions aren't superior to HT -- they were good in their day, but those days are long over now. To me they're obviously ugly and ill proportioned in comparison.

And what evidence have you provided to prove that HT are lazy, haven't done their research and directly copied other peoples products.

PERS and removable chip and I think it would be a near perfect clone of a WS T1. I think it's so good that I'm seriously considering buying a small army of these puppies -- and without even seeing the finished product.

It's a shame you can't see the beauty of it, but all I can say to that is WTF????? You would have to be irrationaly hard to please if you don;t think it's the best representation of the T1 endo around.

f64eed69966a.jpg

d15aaa7257be.jpg

?

BTW they became less detailed with the scale upgrade:

d36fef7a5257.jpg

and what it should look like if buyers gave a ____.

t-800_foot-2.jpg

t-800_foot-3.jpg

t-800_foot.jpg

:lol Close enough if you want a figure that can be posed and not break with the slightest touch. It's a prototype anyway... :slap:lol

STFU P. :slap You're just trolling this thread with useless information -- like you do with every thread you enter. Go butcher your poor HT figures some more. :lol

What didn't you understand about what I said? I still don't agree with you. Those kits details or body proportions aren't superior to HT -- they were good in their day, but those days are long over now. To me they're obviously ugly and ill proportioned in comparison.

And what evidence have you provided to prove that HT are lazy, haven't done their research and directly copied other peoples products.

PERS and removable chip and I think it would be a near perfect clone of a WS T1. I think it's so good that I'm seriously considering buying a small army of these puppies -- and without even seeing the finished product.

It's a shame you can't see the beauty of it, but all I can say to that is WTF????? You would have to be irrationaly hard to please if you don;t think it's the best representation of the T1 endo around.
just trolling this thread with useless information
:D :exactly:

What the hell is wrong with you too?!

One thinks this proto is perfect, the other doesn´t so who gives a s***.

All personal opinion.

This piece ISN´T perfect and quite obviously the skull looks like it´s ported from the 1:1 and we DID see a WIP where one was sculpting with the 1:1 bust next to him.

There isn´t much more proof needed for that, or not?!

Feet also DO have less detail, I seriously dunno what´s to "troll" about it.

Just normal opinions being spoken and actual proof shown.

No problem, get on with the discussion.

Geez.

Great pics, I actually can´t wait too, since it´ll be my very first high-end T-800 Endo, but I seriously hope for this improvements to be added/made ´til the release.

:rock

Am I the only one who thinks it looks a bit off? There's something about it... The proportions maybe? Is the head too small or the body too big? Shoulders should be wider? :dunno

This piece ISN´T perfect and quite obviously the skull looks like it´s ported from the 1:1 and we DID see a WIP where one was sculpting with the 1:1 bust next to him.

There isn´t much more proof needed for that, or not?!

It's not the same as the 1:1 bust at all... it's better proportioned to my eye. And the fact that there is a single photo with he bust on the desk doesn't prove that that is the only reference that was used.

It's a proto and anyone that knows anything about HT and has been around these forums long enough knows that everyone always overreacts to prototypes... :lol

Am I the only one who thinks it looks a bit off? There's something about it... The proportions maybe? Is the head too small or the body too big? Shoulders should be wider? :dunno

Good pics, bad pics... Looks awesome in some photos, but a bit off in others. But I think that only the most ____ of people would complain about tiny little details when they see this T1 T-800 in hand. It's better proportioned and detailed that the 1:1 or anything else I've seen to date.

It's not the same as the 1:1 bust at all... it's better proportioned to my eye. And the fact that there is a single photo with he bust on the desk doesn't prove that that is the only reference that was used.

It's a proto and anyone that knows anything about HT and has been around these forums long enough knows that everyone always overreacts to prototypes... :lol

Of course...maybe I overreacted too, mate.

But the thing is...shouldn´t they have learned already, that...if they want to show off something, it should´ve been damn near perfect!?

I mean...look at this...first glance...BAM...awesome...but then the details, you know?!

Of cours it won´t be the only reference and the teeth are BETTER, but still too long, the mouth isn´t closed completely and it screams 1:1 bust for me...

Great pics, I actually can´t wait too, since it´ll be my very first high-end T-800 Endo, but I seriously hope for this improvements to be added/made ´til the release.

:rock

This one sold it for me. That IS the T1 T-800! :yess::yess::yess::rock

391229_400402883355041_374197130_n.jpg

To me they're obviously ugly and ill proportioned in comparison.
The HT is disproportionate to the original endoskeletons. The older kits are closer. You may not like it. Clearly many other people don't either, since they feel the need to alter the look for these kits to something inaccurate.

I prefer accurate, so this fall short for me.

I'm surprised you didn't notice at least the two things that are directly copied from the Sideshow 1:1 endo bust such as abnormally long lower teeth and the oversized chip cover.

The oversized legs in comparison to torso and head is copied from every other licensed scaled endoskeleton since the old fourth scale ArgoNauts kit.

It's simply WRONG in comparison to actual Stan Winston pieces and those details wouldn't have been brought into this design if they had used original reference instead.

Go study things a bit more and you'll see what I'm talking about.

The fact that it ISN'T even a T1 makes it not the best representation around. Others - older kits, which you don't like - take that position.

That's just how it is.

Of course...maybe I overreacted too, mate.

But the thing is...shouldn´t they have learned already, that...if they want to show off something, it should´ve been damn near perfect!?

I mean...look at this...first glance...BAM...awesome...but then the details, you know?!

Of cours it won´t be the only reference and the teeth are BETTER, but still too long, the mouth isn´t closed completely and it screams 1:1 bust for me...

There isn't really much room for artistic flare as far as the design goes. If you look at the pics in the Winston Effect book you will see many slight variations in the overall look and details of the the endos they made -- I don't think any of them are identical to each other. But this one really has the feel of the T1 T-800 to me. You also have to accept the limitations of what can be achieved in this format -- you need something that conveys the T-800, but at the same time isn't so fragile that it couldn't safely support it's own weight or move without breaking. It has to have an acceptable level of durability or people would complain about that.

The HT is disproportionate to the original endoskeletons. The older kits are closer. You may not like it. Clearly many other people don't either, since they feel the need to alter the look for these kits to something inaccurate.

I prefer accurate, so this fall short for me.

I'm surprised you didn't notice at least the two things that are directly copied from the Sideshow 1:1 endo bust such as abnormally long lower teeth and the oversized chip cover.

The oversized legs in comparison to torso and head is copied from every other licensed scaled endoskeleton since the old fourth scale ArgoNauts kit.

It's simply WRONG in comparison to actual Stan Winston pieces and those details wouldn't have been brought into this design if they had used original reference instead.

Go study things a bit more and you'll see what I'm talking about.

The fact that it ISN'T even a T1 makes it not the best representation around. Others - older kits, which you don't like - take that position.

That's just how it is.

Sorry, I don't agree and I have done my research. You keep changing your story anyway.

Back