ZKULPTOR/Rainman project [BTTF Marty Mcfly]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure I agree.

Back-to-the-Future-back-to-the-future-8228274-640-480.jpg

img2473g.jpg

374947_297225116979022_100000746078009_950690_737803617_n.jpg

I won't have this head, so I have no say, but y'all should definitely talk it out.

Personally, I think an eye position that has white above the iris is very restrictive. It was a nice touch for the time announcement, but would limit posing options.

Anybody else really hoping this is the confirmed eye position?

Do you think it is set in stone this is what Rainman will go with? I do hope so :monkey3

374947_297225116979022_100000746078009_950690_737803617_n.jpg

I'll be trying to recreate the pose from the poster, not the cafe scene... so my vote's with Teddy.

bttf_poster.jpg

I'll be trying to recreate the pose from the poster, not the cafe scene... so my vote's with Teddy.

bttf_poster.jpg

That's pretty much the only pose that paint-job would allow. Whereas, looking left could work for just about any pose/posture - not just the cafe scene.

Mags, do you want a George McFly Sr. for him to look at? ;)

As a big Crispin Glover fan, that would be pretty rad actually. :D

But again, not needed for that paint-job.

bttf_poster.jpg

:lecture:exactly:

All about the iconic poster for me

I will be completely going for that pose :)

Cafe scene or iconic poster hmmmmmmm :lol

I'm sure that eye position was just for the poster guys, looking down would only limit you to very few poses.

But the facial expression is restrictive is it not? I don't think it lends itself to that many poses surely? The expression screams iconic poster :dunno

I do agree that you have more options with him looking right or left (or even straight on, as is Rainman's SOP), and he did give that expression many times in the film as I recall. But the poster look is a great one. Whenever I track down a version of this sculpt with the neck, that's how I want to get it painted up, but it really only works if you're doing that pose that way, which is contrary to the utility many see in buying an articulated 1/6th scale figure.

I agree that the expression is restrictive in itself, so I can understand why you guys would want the eyes painted to match the poster.

But the facial expression is restrictive is it not? I don't think it lends itself to that many poses surely? The expression screams iconic poster :dunno

It would be 10x more restrictive if the eyes were painted looking down!:dunno Sure looking to the left is also restrictive but given Eric sculpted it with that scene in mind that would be the best look for it, also when a person looks down there upper eyelid follows so in order to get a realistic eyes looking down paintjob the actual sculpt would need tweaking!:lecture

Sure looking to the left is also restrictive but given Eric sculpted it with that scene in mind that would be the best look for it, also when a person looks down there upper eyelid follows so in order to get a realistic eyes looking down paintjob the actual sculpt would need tweaking!:lecture
Good point. You need more eyelid for it to be poster accurate.

Not that this matters to most of us who never even saw the fullset appear for order.

I agree that the expression is restrictive in itself, so I can understand why you guys would want the eyes painted to match the poster.

Exactly. For versatility, non-restrictive, go with Trev's sculpts. Erick's is all about that iconic look for me. Regardless, I imagine I'll be buying an unpainted head from Erick directly... so I'll just keep my trap shut.

Anybody else hear? Zkulptor's in the hospital... due to a severe and persistent migraine. Hope Erick feels better soon...

Exactly. For versatility, non-restrictive, go with Trev's sculpts. Erick's is all about that iconic look for me. Regardless, I imagine I'll be buying an unpainted head from Erick directly... so I'll just keep my trap shut.

Anybody else hear? Zkulptor's in the hospital... due to a severe and persistent migraine. Hope Erick feels better soon...

Really?! Feel better Erick. Hope it's not too serious. :peace

Sad to hear Erick's in hospital. Hope it's a quick stay & a speedy recovery.

Yeah, get well soon Erick! I don't suffer from Migraines myself, but I had a good buddy in college who did and I can only imagine. :(

EDIT to chime in: I think the eye position Rainman picked looks great. I don't think he looks like he's looking down too much. Almost straight but slightly downward, which is fine with me.

I don't think I've ever experienced a true migraine, but I've heard they're no picnic...best wishes, Erick!

Back