Statue Zatanna Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$500?! How the heck is that justified?! BC 450 Most recent Huntress 470 (?)... I have no interest in this piece but this is absurd and concerns me for future pieces.

$500?! How the heck is that justified?! BC 450 Most recent Huntress 470 (?)... I have no interest in this piece but this is absurd and concerns me for future pieces.

I had interest until I saw the price : / I was hoping for $429 like supergirl

I think she looks incredible. However, I don't have the space or an extra $500 for her. Also, the standard PF now going for $500 is a bit of a bitter pill. Hopefully Z turns out great for all of you that are picking her up.

No switch-outs and $500 price tag is ridiculous. I wish I could say I was surprised, but I've become used to Sideshow increasing prices every 3 months. Next year, this same type of PF will cost $600.

I won't pay that close to $500 for anything smaller than Croc. I entered the contest though.

Sorry Z.

Yeah, I don't see the value at $500 for a standard sized PF. Unfortunately, it looks like we'll be paying far more than $500 for larger sized characters.

^ I don't mind paying more, IF, its worth it. And that's subjective. Scale, pose, accessories, creativity and most of all a prime character.

The hobby wont sustain itself at these price points. Eventually, even those who can afford them, which is probably a smaller % of the hobbyists, will be priced out for one reason or another.

You cant tell me/us, that EVERYTIME a new PF comes around there was inflation to add to it... c'mon man (Sideshow)!

Not to mention a 3rd tier character.

Deathstroke(r) is $525, BvS WW $500, Han Solo $550 so I don't get the surprise at this price. Even the new 1/5 Thor is $420 almost the same price as Supergirl pf.

Not about surprise as much as it is vocalized discontent. I don't recall jumping on the price bandwagon when Bats MA came out. Its the trend that's appalling. Like I mentioned before, its tolerable, on an individual basis, until its not. And while I wont be buying this, I fear for the future pieces I like but cant afford because of gouging.

We know Disney/SW has a lot to do with a 550 tag, DS is a joke unworthy of 525, and WW has extra likeness fees to the actor.

So apples to apples, while BC is too much (for what it is), its a hell of a lot better than 500 of a similar license, design, tier character and pose. Where's the justification to bump it $50 (6 months later?)

Each one they edge out is more, BC 450, Huntress 470, Z 500, ...

While business is business, you don't take advantage of your customer base. You offer FAIR and equitable service(s).

^ I don't mind paying more, IF, its worth it. And that's subjective. Scale, pose, accessories, creativity and most of all a prime character.

The hobby wont sustain itself at these price points. Eventually, even those who can afford them, which is probably a smaller % of the hobbyists, will be priced out for one reason or another.

Sideshow has increased the prices a ton, and while it is no shock ... It is sort of hard to justify the cost the cost increase to continue so rapidly. Unless it is a tier 1 character my interest in owning other pieces I normally would not buy has started to thin down. I was on board with picking up this piece for a little over $400.00, but $500.00 is a stretch. The batman, wonder woman, and superman were $399.99 ... I can't see paying a hundred more for her :dunno.

Congrats to those whom order her today though! She is a really beautiful piece!. I look forward to seeing which collectors update us on whom placed a PO.

Sideshow has increased the prices a ton, and while it is no shock ... It is sort of hard to justify the cost the cost increase to continue so rapidly. Unless it is a tier 1 character my interest in owning other pieces I normally would not buy has started to thin down. I was on board with picking up this piece for a little over $400.00, but $500.00 is a stretch. The batman, wonder woman, and superman were $399.99 ... I can't see paying a hundred more for her :dunno.

Congrats to those whom order her today though! She is a really beautiful piece!. I look forward to seeing which collectors update us on whom placed a PO.

Superman Batman and Wonder Woman were released years ago

Back