Zack Snyder's Rebel Moon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do think he was trying to come up with his own lightsaber or light sword. It isn't a patch on the lightsaber but I think they did a good job by removing the laser/light/plasma altogether and having actual swords that superheat.
I agree he tried to come up with his own light swords and when they were ablaze they looked quite original.

Oh wait, scratch that...

Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 17-11-46 The Blade Of Talzin Explained Nightsister Sword & Star Wars ...png

I'm glad Alatar and T800 are here to support counter-programming as it were.

I know how it can be; I am an avid fan of Fury Road where many of my usual supporters here don't like that movie.

To be fair Star Wars wasn't the first movie to feature laser guns and it doesn't get flack for doing so.

This made me remember how fresh it was in 1977 that Lucas did however make them shoot "laser bolts". That was a very cool way to get things moving fast and have actual shoot-outs. Up to that point, the majority if not all of laser guns shot beams with high pitched sounds for a substantial amount of time where everyone stood still until the beam was finished. Bringing the bang-bang back was a great "new" way to reinvent something. That was part of the attraction to Star Wars -- heavily borrowed, yes... but reinvented in a fresh, new way. That movie single-handedly changed all of our expectations about space/adventure movies and I think people forget, or are too young to notice.

A good portion of the people here don't like the movie and have been speaking negatively of it.
They’ve only said they haven’t liked the film. Nothing to bad like your saying. They said they didn’t like it and have moved on. The thread has been no one sided hate fest at all.

Last edited:
Lol ikr? As the movie is getting absolutely brutalized by everyone else in the thread (which is fair for them to do, I’ve no issue with anyone’s right to do that) we’re doing something inappropriate by standing up for something we appreciate, that we feel has value? We’re somehow in the wrong for that? That’s basically a form of gaslighting, tbh.
Who’s brutalizing the movie in this thread? The last few pages were just about rip off vs homage? Like I don’t understand what brutalization you guys are seeing? Is it cause people said they didn’t like the film? Ok? That’s not negativity or brutalizing the movie. People have stated multiple times if you like the film then good for you. Nobody here is bashing you or the movie

You guys are unbelievable, lol. 🙄 I say that with love though. There’s 50 pages to wade through, I’ve been monitoring it since the movie released and most of it by far has been pretty savage towards the film. But then again I‘ve probably made up for it on the other side with my longwinded posts!

Wez, all the way through I’ve resisted the temptation to say “says the one that loves Sonic” 😛 But thank you for acknowledging that, haha.

But to say this film hasn’t been brutalized? I’m talking about more than just this thread. You should see the carnage on my YT feed. 😳 Oh the humanity.

You guys are unbelievable, lol. 🙄 I say that with love though. There’s 50 pages to wade through, I’ve been monitoring it since the movie released and most of it by far has been pretty savage towards the film. But then again I‘ve probably made up for it on the other side with my longwinded posts!

Wez, all the way through I’ve resisted the temptation to say “says the one that loves Sonic” 😛 But thank you for acknowledging that, haha.

But to say this film hasn’t been brutalized? I’m talking about more than just this thread. You should see the carnage on my YT feed. 😳 Oh the humanity.
Lol you really should have just said that to be honest. I woul have loved that.
I say this as i'm watching this Sonic show on netflix as background noise while I do homework lmao

Who is saying it hasn't been brutalized in this thread? Of course it's been brutalized. As it should be.

It's a piss-poor horrendous excuse of a movie!! It's a **** movie!!!

This made me remember how fresh it was in 1977 that Lucas did however make them shoot "laser bolts". That was a very cool way to get things moving fast and have actual shoot-outs. Up to that point, the majority if not all of laser guns shot beams with high pitched sounds for a substantial amount of time where everyone stood still until the beam was finished. Bringing the bang-bang back was a great "new" way to reinvent something. That was part of the attraction to Star Wars -- heavily borrowed, yes... but reinvented in a fresh, new way. That movie single-handedly changed all of our expectations about space/adventure movies and I think people forget, or are too young to notice.
They did a great job pushing the envelope on F/X at the time and no one can take that away from them. Whether the idea is massively renovated or much less so, unless it's a carbon copy, it's their own version of that idea.

A glowing sword and laser guns weren't done by Star Wars first, they were the first ones to do them extremely well. After that, you either drop the idea of a futuristic sci-fi sword altogether or you get compared to a lightsaber. If Zack Snyder had hilts that emitted plasma beams then yes he should be given grief for it. If it's not it's just someone making a cool sci-fi weapon.

Last edited:
They’ve only said they haven’t liked the film. Nothing to bad like your saying. They said they didn’t like it and have moved on. The thread has been no one sided hate fest at all.
You are reading way too much into this. It's like saying Alatar and myself haven't been speaking positively about the movie

Back