Zack Snyder's Justice League

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Zack Snyder's Justice League coming in 2021

That doesn?t seem too far fetched. The whole situation is kind of weird though. You in all honesty think Disney wouldn?t pay whedon to sabotage JL? It?s hard to believe it?s from the same director as Avengers and Avengers 2.

He had no time or budget, as well as a demand to shift a very dark serous movie into a comedy. He had an impossible job. Blame exclusively falls on the previous WB execs who made this horrible decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That doesn?t seem too far fetched. The whole situation is kind of weird though. You in all honesty think Disney wouldn?t pay whedon to sabotage JL? It?s hard to believe it?s from the same director as Avengers and Avengers 2.

Lol you serious? That?s so stupid. DC was doing a fine job messing up there on films why the hell would they pay joss whedon to mess it up. Dude was brought in cause Snyder left and changed it in his style. The whole movie was a mess. The crappy executives wanted an avengers style to the movie

Agreed. Whedon was brought in as a hired gun, and did what his bosses told him. They told him to make an avengers rip-off, but keep it under 120 minutes. The executives had bonuses that would only get paid out if the movie was released that year, so who cares about quality.

Whedon probably had a miserable experience, but keeps his mouth shut so he has a chance to work in hollywood again. See Josh Trank.

And of course, a long time ago, it was rumored that Joss fired Charisma Carpenter from Angel after she got pregnant.

Always wondered about that. I hated what they ended up doing with Cordelia in Angel. A downer on an otherwise great show.

Lol you serious? That?s so stupid. DC was doing a fine job messing up there on films why the hell would they pay joss whedon to mess it up. Dude was brought in cause Snyder left and changed it in his style. The whole movie was a mess. The crappy executives wanted an avengers style to the movie

Agreed. Whedon was brought in as a hired gun, and did what his bosses told him. They told him to make an avengers rip-off, but keep it under 120 minutes. The executives had bonuses that would only get paid out if the movie was released that year, so who cares about quality.

Whedon probably had a miserable experience, but keeps his mouth shut so he has a chance to work in hollywood again. See Josh Trank.

Clear example of executive (legal)corruption, which has always happened. I don?t know why this ridiculous narrative continues. DC failing is actually BAD for marvel. Superhero fatigue is the last thing they want!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WB has removed the Snyder Cut title the movie will be going with the traditional Directors Cut.

So JL Directors Cut.

I can see unsuspecting people think that Whedon was allowed a Directors Cut lol.

For those keeping score (and in case it wasn't obvious already) Jason Momoa has also said the cast was treated '******' during the reshoots. Some folks were under the impression that Momoa was not on the same side as Fisher.

He also wasn't happy with WB issuing a press release that he was in talks to provide the voice for Frosty the Snowman, which was untrue. I never heard about this, but apparently it was supposed discredit Ray Fisher's claim

For those keeping score (and in case it wasn't obvious already) Jason Momoa has also said the cast was treated '******' during the reshoots. Some folks were under the impression that Momoa was not on the same side as Fisher.

He also wasn't happy with WB issuing a press release that he was in talks to provide the voice for Frosty the Snowman, which was untrue. I never heard about this, but apparently it was supposed discredit Ray Fisher's claim

All because of wonder woman 84, the longer it takes to release that movie the longer this drama will persist. Hamada is stuck in between a rock and a hard place although he could have handled this way better- he cannot really fire johns right now because he is credited as the main story and screenplay writer and executive producer on 84, a film that hasnt released yet but is completely finished in post. This is somewhat unprecedented issue due to covid dragging out the release of movies. What a mess that would be for warners legal team to fire him before it releases, he could literally prevent it from being released (stuck in legal battle hell) because of how big his contribution is to the movie is. If the movie had released on time i firmly believe johns would have been fired from the film division already but retained as a comic writer (eg writers/story group)

Why they didnt explain this to momoa and fisher is beyond me, as actors they have to understand how the business side of things work but instead he lied about fisher and provoked Momoa

All because of wonder woman 84, the longer it takes to release that movie the longer this drama will persist. Hamada is stuck in between a rock and a hard place although he could have handled this way better- he cannot really fire johns right now because he is credited as the main story and screenplay writer and executive producer on 84, a film that hasnt released yet but is completely finished in post. This is somewhat unprecedented issue due to covid dragging out the release of movies. What a mess that would be for warners legal team to fire him before it releases, he could literally prevent it from being released (stuck in legal battle hell) because of how big his contribution is to the movie is. If the movie had released on time i firmly believe johns would have been fired from the film division already but retained as a comic writer (eg writers/story group)

Why they didnt explain this to momoa and fisher is beyond me, as actors they have to understand how the business side of things work but instead he lied about fisher and provoked Momoa.

Hamada allegedly lied, just as Johns & Whedon allegedly were abusive & unprofessional during reshoots that happened what, over 3 years ago now? And what exactly should Hamada have explained to these two actors? He doesn't need to justify NOT firing someone when the investigation is still ongoing, especially when they have yet to provide sufficient evidence to support his taking such action. It may ultimately play out that way, but right now you have the cart before the horse.

I find it somewhat ironic that you mentioned the potential impact to WW84 (and by extension WB's potential loss of profits). Curious how Fisher waited until the Snyder Cut was greenlit before making his allegations - i.e., he waited until his financial situation would not be negatively impacted by his comments, as now he can safely diss the previous version due to the expectation of further income from the new film (or should I say mini-series lol).

Hamada allegedly lied, just as Johns & Whedon allegedly were abusive & unprofessional during reshoots that happened what, over 3 years ago now? And what exactly should Hamada have explained to these two actors? He doesn't need to justify NOT firing someone when the investigation is still ongoing, especially when they have yet to provide sufficient evidence to support his taking such action. It may ultimately play out that way, but right now you have the cart before the horse.

I find it somewhat ironic that you mentioned the potential impact to WW84 (and by extension WB's potential loss of profits). Curious how Fisher waited until the Snyder Cut was greenlit before making his allegations - i.e., he waited until his financial situation would not be negatively impacted by his comments, as now he can safely diss the previous version due to the expectation of further income from the new film (or should I say mini-series lol).

It was proven that he lied well warner did about fisher refusing to cooperate and then using momoa as a diversion tactic the minute he publicly joined fisher in the fight

I do agree that the timming is suspect but its obvious whatever johns did was bad and the actors want him gone like yesterday. If your movie stars (the faces of your franchises) dont want to work with him it doesnt matter how talented he is as a writer, its not going to work. If i was whedon i would hate johns the ****er ruined his career as well- whedon aint no saint but i bet he regrets answering johns phone call for jostice league but kharma is a ***** he agreed to steal the project from snyder way before his daughter died and he officially left the project- snakes

Well, with Momoa backing up Fisher, the pressure mounts on WB, as Momoa certainly has more muscle with the industry. Also, it does give a lot more credence to Fisher's claims.

Well, with Momoa backing up Fisher, the pressure mounts on WB, as Momoa certainly has more muscle with the industry. Also, it does give a lot more credence to Fisher's claims.

It does give it a tad more credence, but it's still all too vague for my liking. Right now it smacks of prima donnas having their precious egos bruised because someone dared to tell them to shut up and follow orders. That also goes for Fisher's claim that the one exec threatened to replace him. Welcome to the real world Ray. When the pressure's on and **** needs to get done, you either do what the boss says or he/she will find someone else who will.

It does give it a tad more credence, but it's still all too vague for my liking. Right now it smacks of prima donnas having their precious egos bruised because someone dared to tell them to shut up and follow orders. That also goes for Fisher's claim that the one exec threatened to replace him. Welcome to the real world Ray. When the pressure's on and **** needs to get done, you either do what the boss says or he/she will find someone else who will.

If the end result wasnt the garbage that was jostice league I would agree with you here but as bad as it turned out and how much it departed from mos and bvs in tone i fully believe the actors here. **** went down in a bad way movies dont end up that bad without massive behind the scenes problems. It wasnt just them either, it was ben affleck as well, who is a major part of warner bro studios. Its why he quit the role to begin with. He only came back cause johns was demoted that was enough for him but if this continues I guarantee he will join momoa and fisher. Neither gal gadot or patty jenkins can say **** right now with 84 in limbo

If the end result wasnt the garbage that was jostice league I would agree with you here but as bad as it turned out and how much it departed from mos and bvs in tone i fully believe the actors here. **** went down in a bad way movies dont end up that bad without massive behind the scenes problems. It wasnt just them either, it was ben affleck as well, who is a major part of warner bro studios. Its why he quit the role to begin with. He only came back cause johns was demoted that was enough for him but if this continues I guarantee he will join momoa and fisher. Neither gal gadot or patty jenkins can say **** right now with 84 in limbo

I get what you're saying but when they're throwing around the word "abusive" in this day and age it really shouldn't matter if the film turned out as bad as it did or was a spectacular hit that made $2B. It's commendable that they are united in their support for their friend Snyder and were upset that so much of his film was discarded (& even derided on set per many reports), but I'd wager we wouldn't be hearing squat right now if the film had been a hit. And frankly I find it hard to imagine Joss Whedon even attempting to "abuse" either of these actors, what with both of them being @6'4" and physically dwarfing him. Making script changes that pissed them off by marginalizing their characters? Yes. Being short with them (verbally) when the clock was ticking and they resisted his direction? Yes. Asserting his directorial authority? Yes. Abusing them? Not likely.

Sheesh WB could be the next Disney. They have all these characters but they keep digging holes for themselves. They are almost as bad as Sony

Holy crap WTF is Ray Fisher doing.

Did everyone see his latest. :slap

Now he is throwing Affleck under the bus with WB.

Holy crap what an idiot lol

Holy crap WTF is Ray Fisher doing.

Did everyone see his latest. :slap

Now he is throwing Affleck under the bus with WB.

Holy crap what an idiot lol

You misread the article he is blaming wb not affleck for that affleck wasnt in control of when that news broke wb was. Affleck even admitted that it was supposed to be announced at dc fandom but it was mysteriously moved up and announced out of nowhere. it the same **** they pulled with momao and the frost announcement warner just put it out there early in order to divert and distract from whats happening between wb and then jostice league actors

Back