Your Movie Collection - Virtual or Physical, which do you prefer?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your Movie Collection - Physical or Virtual? Which do you prefer?

• Discs - lot's of them. Only way to be sure.

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • Virtual - Free's up lot's of space. can take them anywhere.

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other - explain

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
I used to buy physical, but decided to make the switch to digital, then traded in my collection to Amazon. I actually feel I watch the movies more now then when I bought the physical disks. Just ease of access. Also if you buy from iTunes or Amazon you always have a back up copy you can re-download or stream.

beta to VHS to Laser disk to DVD to HD-DVD to Blu-Ray to digital. :lol How many times have I bought the same movie. :slap

Do you guys have to replace your hard drives every couple of years or something??

is it right that those things are not meant to last more than a couple of years?

All the EST content providers (Amazon, iTunes, VUDU) are all on cloud storage now, you can stream or d/l movies. I just d/l movies if I expect to watch them w/o free internet nearby, like say on an airplane. Between my tablet and laptop, I've got enough storage to d/l around 15 movies w/o ever having to use an external HD. That's way more than plenty for me to have in my backpocket when traveling.

Heck even when I buy a blu ray, I always buy the combo pack that has the digital copy. Like others have said, it's way easier for casual viewing to just use the remote and play a movie over streaming than getting up and finding the disc.

Soon there will only be digital and we'll have to buy our disks at Specialty Boutiques.

I chose other, although I buy everything I like, and generally get steels, digibooks, collectors sets if available, I rarely watch something from the hard copy, I watch as much as I can from streaming or a HD rip I made. Except for my CBMs, fantasy stuff like Tolkien, a few select horror movies or Sci Fi like Aliens, Predators, etc... everything else isn't even in my media room, it's all boxed up in a closet once I rip it.

so you guys that have all virtual stuff, you connect your computer to your TV? or watch it on your computer screen?

Back