Your most anticipated movie of 2012?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your most anticipated movie of 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know. Most Marvel fans on this board seem to be all about the Hulk smashing stuff and Black Widow looking hot. I think Tolkien fans tend to lean more toward appreciated the filmmaking/storytelling side of their respective films.

It's true. And folks don't need to get upset about it.

I'm going to be watching ASM and The Hobbit for entirely different reasons. But yeah, Avengers over the Hobbit is quite laughable, but you gotta know what board this is.

tumblr_lz4z6xQQUU1qinq10o1_500.gif

I've seen in person Tolkien fanboys get so riled up I thought they were going to explode when people question any little bit of the sacred text. Let's not forget some of the arguments that have occurred within the small Shire that is our LOTR forums.

To say Tolkien fans are more sophisticated or mature than even the average comic book fan is gross overgeneralization and ridiculous within it's nature even here where none of us would be classified as the average fan of anything.

Each has their own outliers and extremists on both ends of the spectrum and to say otherwise or even trying and categorize between the two of them is just silly exercise in time wasting management and nothing more.

Yeah like this guy
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSB03lr69iU[/ame]

Video NSFW

I think the fact that people are arguing over whether marvel or lord of the rings is better speaks volumes about this board to begin with. :lol

I don't know. Most Marvel fans on this board seem to be all about the Hulk smashing stuff and Black Widow looking hot. I think Tolkien fans tend to lean more toward appreciating the filmmaking/storytelling side of their respective films.

Yeah because reading all the posts about how Arwen makes their Smeagols into Gollums and how awesome it is that Legolas kills the ____ out of everything is oh so upscale. :lol

I think the fact that people are arguing over whether marvel or lord of the rings is better speaks volumes about this board to begin with. :lol

I can acknowledge fanboys exist for comic book movies. I just don't appreciate being lumped into that category because I prefer Batman to Middle Earth. And Mike put it so well in words I couldn't. And khev's arguments all seem to confirm that. Really defending your preferred movie and saying how they're better is all OPINION. And dragging the Academy in as evidence? Puhleeze. Most everything FLOSI said I can agree with except for the initial post saying comic book movies are for fanboys but Tolkien is a classic, timeless story. Yes, it is. But the fans are capable of being just as nuts! And Batman has been just as endearing of a character only being two years younger than the original "Hobbit" novel.

All this said... The Hobbit is my #2 most anticipated movie. Avengers brings up the rear behind Bond and Bourne. Spidey might end up being a Redbox or Netflix viewing for me.

Yeah because reading all the posts about how Arwen makes their Smeagols into Gollums and how awesome it is that Legolas kills the ____ out of everything is oh so upscale. :lol

"All the posts?" I just perused the last 30 days of posts in the Hobbit thread. Not a single one of the type you mentioned.

Do you know how far back you have to go in the Avengers thread to find an eager reference to giving BW a suppository? About 9 hours.

Just sayin'. :cool:

I don't think anyone should be upset, the threads are here for all to see. Its pretty obvious which ones are dominated by story based discussion and which are predominantly not.

The Marvel movies/threads seem to degenerate faster than others but I participate in SW discussion so who am I to talk. :lol

I think part of the reason why Avengers and TDKR are more discussed is because they will be released much sooner. The Hobbit won't be out until Christmas, which seems like a looooong time away.:lol I'm sure once summer is over, everyone will be all over the Hobbit discussion and Skyfall.

Poor ASM.:lol It'll probably be better than the Avengers as well.

The Hobbit FTW!

Too bad Supes isn't coming out till next year!

But I do predict that ASM will suffer the same fate as GL. Basically be unfairly reemed by critics and avoided by audiences due to oversaturation of "good" superhero movies.

Back