Your Limit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:dunno i always said i am done on collecting every time i am broke :( BUT things go back on track then i continue :cuckoo: I guess that's the thing that make it exiting :wink1: I think if i become a millionaire that's the time i will stop collecting Statue because is not fun anymore :dunno probably i will start collecting Wife? expensive Cars :yess::lol:lol:rotfl

It's how they can maintain space that I'm curious about.

It's interesting because not only do these things take up quite a bit of space when displayed, but also their shipping and art boxes take up even more storage space. I've only got room for 7 things because that's also 7 huge boxes I have to find space for as well; it's not just a display space issue.

I would post my limits, but it seems that the more I collect, the looser those limits become.
When I got into this, I told myself that I would only be buying an Iron Man figure and a Batman figure and then stop. I also told myself that I would never spend more than $120 on a figure.
1 year and 10 figures later, both of those went right out the window.

LOL! That was me how ever many years ago. Just the lord Sauron and a Darth Vader and thats it! I had them and sold them for better items recently. Right now I have six statues with one on the way and another on pre order. I have had many more that I had for awhile and sold off.

All because of a Darth Vader PF and a Sauron statue.

I Love It!!!

That's all in 1 room/office? Wow, you must have them displayed perfectly organized if so. Good job! :rock

When we built the house I drew up some plans to turn one of my office walls into a floor to ceiling display unit. It has 6 separate areas, each with sliding glass doors and 3 dimmable LED recessed lights in each section.

These photos haven't been updated as I have gotten about 5 new pieces since this, so I need to get on that!

albright-collection-02.jpg

albright-collection-04.jpg

When we built the house I drew up some plans to turn one of my office walls into a floor to ceiling display unit. It has 6 separate areas, each with sliding glass doors and 3 dimmable LED recessed lights in each section.

These photos haven't been updated as I have gotten about 5 new pieces since this, so I need to get on that!

albright-collection-02.jpg

albright-collection-04.jpg

AWESOME :rock

Wow Corrose very well done, and just like I thought perfectly displayed and organized :D

Glad to see you representing an Iron Man Hulkbuster! He needs more lovin imo :rock

Yeah I think Hulkbuster doesn't get the credit it should. Some were upset about scale but if he were any larger, the price tag would be another chunk of change higher. As it is with it's current price tag it's still not sold out. But I digress.

I mostly have Hot Toys, some Enterbay and then my original collection of leftovers from childhood and the late teens like He-Man, Transformers, some old Star Wars and also Mcfarlane and MAC Buffy.

I am near my limit right now. I have about 30 or so 1/6th and the HT Tumbler. Everything is displayed comfortably right now. I do not want my collection to look messy. Also, everything is stored in an even temperature room. I do not want to store things in the hot/cold attic. I have begun selling some stuff, but I want to keep it all. I also want a lot of new stuff coming out. I have no idea what I am going to do. It is not so much a money thing, more of a space thing. (I guess it is a money thing, if it wasn't I would just buy a bigger house).

I'm getting close to already there to be honest. I wont be ordering anything else now. Just the few Buffy related pieces that ssc releases. And then a few mini busts that GG releases for HP. Not only is space becoming a bit of an issue, it's the money. I'm looking at these items and though they are wonderful, they aren't gaining me much of anything. In the long run I probably will want to sell them and they wont be worth what I paid.

That's just how I feel.

I have a limit:
Get the Original X-Men
Get the Astonishing X-Men (need Beast and Wolverine)
Any Jean Grey
Any cast of Annihilation (provided the piece looks good)
After that, I'll be done.

I have a limit:
Get the Original X-Men
Get the Astonishing X-Men (need Beast and Wolverine)
Any Jean Grey
Any cast of Annihilation (provided the piece looks good)
After that, I'll be done.

You sure? You got some will power there. Joined Feb 2008 and you only have/getting those?

Oh wait, "Get", "Get", "Any", and "Any"!!! That's an infinite loop there buddy. You're doomed to collect for eternity. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I'm getting close to already there to be honest. I wont be ordering anything else now. Just the few Buffy related pieces that ssc releases. And then a few mini busts that GG releases for HP. Not only is space becoming a bit of an issue, it's the money. I'm looking at these items and though they are wonderful, they aren't gaining me much of anything. In the long run I probably will want to sell them and they wont be worth what I paid.

That's just how I feel.

I think that's important. If your collection isn't bringing you joy every time you look at it, it might be time to start selling pieces while they still hold value.

Hi!

I'm getting to the point that I can fit 6 more and that's it. If I ever want anymore, I will have to get rid of something to make room for it. Technically I already have them on order which is Gollum PF, Destroyer Maquette, T-1 PF, War machine Maquette, Predator LSB and German Paratrooper PF.

I think in ways that's a good thing cause I can only go so far and being married with two kids and with a baby coming the next couple of days I have to start saving more.

I love my collection and I don't think I will ever stop buying it, but something has to go and I'm okay with it.

Cheers

Bear

Hi!

I'm getting to the point that I can fit 6 more and that's it. If I ever want anymore, I will have to get rid of something to make room for it. Technically I already have them on order which is Gollum PF, Destroyer Maquette, T-1 PF, War machine Maquette, Predator LSB and German Paratrooper PF.

I think in ways that's a good thing cause I can only go so far and being married with two kids and with a baby coming the next couple of days I have to start saving more.

I love my collection and I don't think I will ever stop buying it, but something has to go and I'm okay with it.

Cheers

Bear

Hi Bear, if you ever want to sell your Hulk PF please let me know. I live in Phoenix :wave

Hi Bear, if you ever want to sell your Hulk PF please let me know. I live in Phoenix :wave

Mamba, I hate to disappoint you but Hulk was my first first piece and it will be the last to go if i ever want to sell it....

when am I going to do it, you ask?

When is the next rapture????? :cuckoo:

Bear

Mamba, I hate to disappoint you but Hulk was my first first piece and it will be the last to go if i ever want to sell it....

when am I going to do it, you ask?

When is the next rapture????? :cuckoo:

Bear

Lol I guess that will never happen then :monkey2

Btw do you like hulk PF a lot better than hulk com?

Back