Your Limit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am already out of space and half of my collections are already in boxes. Since I bought most of what I want, I am limiting my future purchases to 2-3 per year; that's only if my financial future holds up. And rotating my boxed-up items with displayed items to refresh things.

Maybe a house of my own is in the far future? :thud:

I limit myself by focusing on a certain scale, for me it's 1:4 Marvel, 1:1 classic monster, 1:4 and 1:1 Stan Winston creatures, 1:4 90's slashers, etc..

That means even when I'm interested in getting the Wolverine 1:1 bust, it won't fit because I would end up starting a whole new line of 1:1 superhero busts.. Whereas If I were to add a 1:1 custom Wolfman bust for example, it could fit because it helps complete the line of 1:1 classic monsters, even though it may take up the same amount of space as the 1:1 Wolverine. That's how I limit myself anyway..

I will probably end up with about 8-10 max. I always buy and sell, so never end up with "top much" . So no space issue.

right now, I have 35, not counting the wolverine 1:1 on the way. I plan on switching to 1:4 and 1:1 avengers & xmen only from here on out

Can you imagine how awesome a 1:1 Captain bust would look? :drool

Yeah it's pretty good to have a plan whatever that may be for your collection, and not hoarde indiscriminately (unless of course your plan is to hoarde indiscriminately.)

That's why I've been passing on so many pieces. ;x

That would rock (unless they try to think out of the box and fall into the sewer again, makin' him old man Cap or sumthin'....) :thud:

I hope they don't go too far off the path with him. I think they pulled it off with Thor, but that was pushing it for me. It looks good, don't get me wrong, but I want a young, in-his-prime Captain.

I hope they don't go too far off the path with him. I think they pulled it off with Thor, but that was pushing it for me. It looks good, don't get me wrong, but I want a young, in-his-prime Captain.

Yeah, I'm ok with creative off-takes but they have to redo them in the popular versions as well and not do the 'buy this or nothing for years' stand.

Damn it Chap, you turned this into a Cap 1:1 Bust discussion thread! :gah:

The line between collecting & hoarding does blur sometimes. I was thinking of setting my limit to 30 pieces & rotating from that point. Sounds logical doesn't it?

yeah, but what happens when you have 30 great pieces? :lol

Well someone eventually goes to the back of the line as the "red-headed stepchild" so to speak & if something comes out that is better, you give it the boot. Reasonable?

I collect premium format and comiquettes so I like to limit most of my purchases to 1/4 and 1/5 scale pieces, which space does become an issue. A lot of pieces get released that I really like, BUT i don't love and so they don't become a must have for me. If I love the piece, I'll probably buy it. I'm not big into rotating pieces either. If I had to set a top limit, it'll probably be around 30 statues.

Back