Your Limit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got 6,000 sq ft for the collections and another 1200 sq ft for storage of boxes and other stuff so I'm good on space for a long time to come.

I only have room for 8 to 10 statues in my room. Any more and it will look to cluttered.

I have had many statues since i started collecting but have sold many of them as they had lost there luster or something better (of the same character) had come along.

My goal is to have 8 to 10 perfect statues (perfect for me). Statues that I will never want to sell down the road. Right now I am at 5 with Conan PF, Indaina Jones Raiders PF, Hulk CQ, Punisher CQ, and Bruce NTT Limited edition (JAWS).

Funny thing is, I had sold the Punisher CQ to get a TV and knew the day after I shipped that i made a mistake. Had to sell some other stuff and got him again. He is truly one of the Perfect statues to me!

Anyways I have the new Terminator PF and DareDevil CQ on pre order and I hope the C-3PO and R2-D2 PF is Killer. I will be close to done after that.

Wow that's a very varied collection.

I originally was only going to have it be Movie related stuff. But my God I love these comiquettes that have been coming out. So I thought Why Limit myself.

I try to keep it to not only great statues but to statues that best represent my fav. film or character. I don't want a room of just STAR WARS or Marvel stuff as I feel that could become a bit boring. I figure variety is the spice of life.

Oh and I assume you were talking to me right?? :)

I currently have 42 Sideshow statues, 3 Bowen Statues and about 15 Hot Toys Pieces all on display in my home studio/office. When I say displayed, I mean comfortably displayed, nothing to me feels jammed to try to show all of it. By my estimates I can probably get another 5+ Sideshow pieces in that room and maybe another 3-5 1:6 scale figs then I am capped. From there I will probably own another 5-7 pieces I really love and swap them in and out of my main case. I doubt I'll ever be done collecting, but it's getting to the point where I will be extremely picky on what I PO.

I currently have 42 Sideshow statues, 3 Bowen Statues and about 15 Hot Toys Pieces all on display in my home studio/office. When I say displayed, I mean comfortably displayed, nothing to me feels jammed to try to show all of it. By my estimates I can probably get another 5+ Sideshow pieces in that room and maybe another 3-5 1:6 scale figs then I am capped. From there I will probably own another 5-7 pieces I really love and swap them in and out of my main case. I doubt I'll ever be done collecting, but it's getting to the point where I will be extremely picky on what I PO.

I can display a lot more than the 35 I have once I get some bestas

That's all in 1 room/office? Wow, you must have them displayed perfectly organized if so. Good job! :rock

This ^^^^^^^^^^^

Please read what I've posted in the 1st page before anymore "I'll keep on going" & "Space is no problem for me" answers. This kind of response doesn't help or add anything to the discussion. Unless you can add something else to that statement, as I've said this thread isn't for you.

I have very limited space ... but I suppose I can rotate ... pretty much like my mother who collect crystals....

Why ask why?

As long as I can pay the bills, put food on the table, and get my daughter everything she needs, I'll keep collecting. When I can't do all of those, it's time to stop.

I try to limit myself to Sideshow Premium Format, Maquette, Comiquette (Usually 1/4 unless they have an amazing 1/5 statue, then i'll make an exception), legendary scale busts, and 1:1 Busts. I typically don't impulse buy or get the statue cause eveyone raves about it, I try to get statues from movies/charecters I really enjoyed or if the stautes just look truely amazing. Also, I try to get just one main charecter from each line unless one or two more are needed to create a diorama scene. Keeping these strict rules I can keep collecting and have enough headroom before I approach space limitations or if something in life is altered and the funds need to be focused elsewhere. As for a set number, very hard to tell and like everyone said on here, the limit will be reached when it is no longer fun.

space, money issues and loosing interest are all reasons that someone would quit collecting. for me the last one is starting to show it's ugly head, not because of the product but what's going on in my personal life. i'm not going to do anything craze and sell everything off i've just choosen to be more selective on what i order, in the end if i sell everything off then so be it, but i'll wait and see what happens after things clear up personally and see how i feel about this hobby then.

Please read what I've posted in the 1st page before anymore "I'll keep on going" & "Space is no problem for me" answers. This kind of response doesn't help or add anything to the discussion. Unless you can add something else to that statement, as I've said this thread isn't for you.

Give it up buddy. There's always these $$$ people. Now only if we can get the address to their hidden man-cave. :mwaha

space, money issues and loosing interest are all reasons that someone would quit collecting. for me the last one is starting to show it's ugly head, not because of the product but what's going on in my personal life. i'm not going to do anything craze and sell everything off i've just choosen to be more selective on what i order, in the end if i sell everything off then so be it, but i'll wait and see what happens after things clear up personally and see how i feel about this hobby then.

Sorry to hear about your personal life quadcent. Hope everything works out.

I will keep collecting for the long run, it may not always be statues, but I don't believe I can ever stop, my limit is what I can hold in my gameroom and extra bedrooms, I have mentioned moving things to other parts of the house, but the wife hasn't given it the go ahead yet. I always tire of pieces and like changing things out once in awhile, just sold 20+ statues recently to make room for better ones, so I really don't think I have much of a limit, I don't see myself loving every single thing I buy enough to hold onto it forever, just about everything has a price (only hold a handful of items I would never sell) Guess that is what kind of keeps it interesting, selling rare items at a premium to get more new ones.

I would post my limits, but it seems that the more I collect, the looser those limits become.
When I got into this, I told myself that I would only be buying an Iron Man figure and a Batman figure and then stop. I also told myself that I would never spend more than $120 on a figure.
1 year and 10 figures later, both of those went right out the window.

Why ask why?

As long as I can pay the bills, put food on the table, and get my daughter everything she needs, I'll keep collecting. When I can't do all of those, it's time to stop.

Why post an answer?

Give it up buddy. There's always these $$$ people. Now only if we can get the address to their hidden man-cave. :mwaha

It's how they can maintain space that I'm curious about. Doesn't matter if a person lives in space mountain, one is bound to run out of space eventually & that's exactly the scenario I'm curious about.

Collectors do what they can. a Hoarding lifestyle might not work for you, and you should collect/store what you feel comfortable with.

Why post an answer?

It's how they can maintain space that I'm curious about. Doesn't matter if a person lives in space mountain, one is bound to run out of space eventually & that's exactly the scenario I'm curious about.

Back