Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I've been out of jail, I haven't been able to afford anything. I don't know if I'll ever be able to buy a movie againView attachment 303469 The last one I bought was over six months ago!

And just what have you been doing young man?

Woman-pointing-her-finger.jpg

Did a stint at Alcatraz and Arkham Asylum myself and just got out.

Human Planet series BD
Planet Earth series BD

Hedging your bets, eh? :lol

My choice was purely from the specs, I never actually saw a comparison image of HDDVD.

I guess. TBH I went HD-DVD first and the image is and still remains amazing. Detail and blacks were what pulled me in... the richness of the colors was just icing.

But it iis what it is.

Having come from Laserdiscs I am used to the process.

I guess. TBH I went HD-DVD first and the image is and still remains amazing. Detail and blacks were what pulled me in... the richness of the colors was just icing.

But it iis what it is.

Having come from Laserdiscs I am used to the process.

Everything you just said is what is luring me to UHD. The PQ is amazing in most cases.

I just need a 4k player. I was going to buy an Xbox One S from my friend, but his apartment was robbed. Pretty ****** for both of us. I was going to wait to see what goes down around Black Friday. I'd prefer a 1TB HDD.

I've been grabbing CBM in UHD, I may get a few others I really enjoy.

I just need a 4k player. I was going to buy an Xbox One S from my friend, but his apartment was robbed. Pretty ****** for both of us. I was going to wait to see what goes down around Black Friday. I'd prefer a 1TB HDD.

I've been grabbing CBM in UHD, I may get a few others I really enjoy.

Get a real player :lol CBM ?

I was looking a the Epson 5040UB

I was too at one point but the JVC was much cheaper here. There's a thread at AVSforum comparing the two. Basically from what I can tell, the JVC has terrible lag for gaming but better PQ, and the EPSON is only rated at 10 gbps while the JVC is 18 gbps (transfer speed on the HDMI). So for me, I don't game, so the JVC was the winner.

I was too at one point but the JVC was much cheaper here. There's a thread at AVSforum comparing the two. Basically from what I can tell, the JVC has terrible lag for gaming but better PQ, and the EPSON is only rated at 10 gbps while the JVC is 18 gbps (transfer speed on the HDMI). So for me, I don't game, so the JVC was the winner.

Is that the same as the X5000 ?

Back