Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen Spider-verse but isn't the 2D on that kind of a faux 3D already? I feel like I remember reading that the 2D look is actually preferable for that reason.

I haven't seen Spider-verse but isn't the 2D on that kind of a faux 3D already? I feel like I remember reading that the 2D look is actually preferable for that reason.
The 3D quality is sporadic. Some scenes you can barely tell, others, like in the city, are quite good.

It's worthwhile, but not something I'd use to show off 3D.

For the price I paid, I'm on the fence. Mostly cause I just don't like to spend money.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Alien 4k blu ray, by Ridley's ginger pubes this is one of the most amazing UHD transfers I've seen. It was like seeing the film for the first time, absolutely amazeballs!!!

Alien 4k blu ray, by Ridley's ginger pubes this is one of the most amazing UHD transfers I've seen. It was like seeing the film for the first time, absolutely amazeballs!!!
I totally believe it, Blade Runner has to be the best 4K disc I've ever seen, so I'm betting Ridley Scott is very demanding when it comes to transfers of his films.

Just picked up the ALIEN 4K steelbook from Best Buy. I've pretty much let go of the silly SB gimmick but I couldn't resist that glorious egg. Even though it's a 40 year old film I really don't like movie covers that "spoil" the look of the creature (same applies for Predator.) The original home releases never did that and I think that the mystery should always be preserved as much as possible in order for future generations to experience in-movie buildup as always intended.

I mean Citizen Kane is much older than that but they don't release steelbooks showing a sled named Rosebud, lol.

I just got the 4K Alien myself... didn't see the steelbook though. Must have sold out.

The steelbook is beautiful. Anyway, this is my first 'duplicate' (or upgrade) purchase, since I bought the bluray about 5 years ago.

I'll tell you though, Best Buy near me has really cut back on its bluray section. It's about one quarter what it was now. Really sad to see it go... streaming killed my collection.

Last edited:
Khev and Worgar you guys are in for a treat, look forward to hearing your thoughts. I was sad to hear of the passing of Alien's editor Terry Rawlings today. I read the news just after I had finished watching the 4K version for the first time today. Not only was he the editor of Alien, but also Blade Runner, Chariots Of Fire and Alien 3.

Khev and Worgar you guys are in for a treat, look forward to hearing your thoughts. I was sad to hear of the passing of Alien's editor Terry Rawlings today. I read the news just after I had finished watching the 4K version for the first time today. Not only was he the editor of Alien, but also Blade Runner, Chariots Of Fire and Alien 3.

Oh no, so sad.... but I'm glad I got the 4k today then as a kind of tribute. Thanks for letting us know.

Anybody know if the digital copy in Alien is 4K? Don't want to bother redeeming if it's just HD, since I'm double dipping on this one.

Back