Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those other import steels (Bluefans, Kimchi, Manta Labs) are NICE...but that’s a can of worms I don’t want to open, besides the occasional Zavvi steel...

What's the deal with Amazon not having Blade Runner 4K or Wonder Woman 4K in stock? Blade Runner isn't even available anymore to order.

I got tons in 2 weeks, so here goes...and I just realized typing this that I went a little nuts

The Purge collection UHD 4K
Van Helsing UHD 4K
Close Encounters UHD 4K Gift Set
E.T. CE UHD 4K
Resident Evil Afterlife UHD 4K
Resident Evil The Last Chapter UHD 4K
Split UHD 4K
Starship Troopers UHD 4K
Alien Covenant UHD 4K
The Mummy UHD 4K
Wonder Woman UHD 4K
Westworld BD
Rebecca Criterion BD
Mummy Legacy Set BD
Dracula Legacy Set BD

37188154126_fbabf4f824_c.jpg

What's the deal with Amazon not having Blade Runner 4K or Wonder Woman 4K in stock? Blade Runner isn't even available anymore to order.

Maybe they don't like money?

Looks like I may end up owning Wonder Woman 3D after all. My Wife, who hasn't even seen it, and never wants to buy movies, let alone 3D movies, told me I should order it, before it's gone or price goes up.

She always shakes her head at me when I buy a 3D movie that I didn't absolutely love, now she wants to buy one she hasn't even seen.

I was very pleasantly surprised by this movie. Enjoyed it a lot.

Watch the beginning again. Just the first 5 or 10 minutes... I forget exactly when, but the camera shows the sky for the first time and the clouds are in the shape of a human brain. I wonder if that is a subliminal message about the movie. I think it is. :)

Got my Blufans Doctor Strange (double lenti) steelbook today. Looks great. I'm not sure whether to open it or keep it sealed.

I wanna see! :panic:

Not in hand pics, but promo images:

9a438038gy1fhp03ot2rqj21qm18ynbk.jpg

DOUBLE LENTICULAR SLIP EDITION:

Double Lenti slip edition: 3D+2D with a photo booklet

9a438038gy1fhozq5hjq9j21qd18odsv.jpg

SINGLE LENTICULAR SLIP EDITION:

Single Lenti slip edition: 3D+2D with a set of art cards

9a438038gy1fhozqa0bcrj21qj18uk5q.jpg

QUARTER SLIP EDITION:

1/4 slip edition: 3D+2D

9a438038gy1fhozq7t45ej21qv18uamb.jpg

Watch the beginning again. Just the first 5 or 10 minutes... I forget exactly when, but the camera shows the sky for the first time and the clouds are in the shape of a human brain. I wonder if that is a subliminal message about the movie. I think it is. :)

I'll need to keep an eye out for that the next time watch it.

Lots of ****s on eBay with auctions showing that they bought up all the copies at Best Buy and put them online for way more than they paid. :mad:

I ended up ordering from Barnes and Noble this morning.

Fudge that ish. I hope they loose money on that ish :mad:

Barnes & Noble? That must have cost a pretty penny?

Loved that movie. Need to find a special edition. Did the same with Her.

Not in hand pics, but promo images:

DOUBLE LENTICULAR SLIP EDITION:

Double Lenti slip edition: 3D+2D with a photo booklet

SINGLE LENTICULAR SLIP EDITION:

Single Lenti slip edition: 3D+2D with a set of art cards

QUARTER SLIP EDITION:

1/4 slip edition: 3D+2D

I would've had to have that box set, which would've been overkill. :lol

This thread is a gazillion pages long, so forgive me if it's been discussed ad nauseum, but I was curious......are any of you yet feeling that
physical DVDs and BluRays and the like are no longer the 'must buy' they once were? I used to be a DVD/BluRay junkie myself, as the 100s of
them in my woman cave can attest to, but I don't know....in the past few years I've barely bought any. I've ALWAYS, always been a sucker for a slick looking
package, no matter WHAT it is....a cool wine label on otherwise crappy wine, the box art on my latest Hot Toy, and of course, the subject at hand.

But...well I used to buy movies I was CERTAIN I was gonna watch at least a dozen times...favorites, or better yet, ones I felt I HAD to have in glimmering BluRay,
because this blockbuster or that would ALWAYS need to be seen in optimal HD when I felt like watching it. I think I've just....lost that. The advent of Redbox, Hulu, Netflix, HD OnDemand, and even the occasional movie torrent that pops up have pretty much killed my necessity for a library. They feel like the clothes I should be donating..."If you haven't worn it in over a year, it's time you got rid of it", you know? I'm sad that I almost NEVER go in my movie cabinets anymore. :(

Things like Hulu, Prime and Netflix have definitely taken some wind out of my Blu-ray sails, don't pop discs in as much as I used to. I find I tend to pop discs in most often for 3D, since there's no other option.

I still like physical discs though, but yeah, I tend to stream more lately.

Back