Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Best Buy let me order the Dr. Strange 3d steel for pickup, then emailed an hour later saying it wasn't in stock. The email link allowed me to change the order to have it shipped to my house within a week, so I did. Then a few hours later I got another email saying my shipment is backordered and should be in stock at the end of March. Maybe they'll do another run, maybe not. $35 is a lot to pay anyways. I should know by the end of the month if I'll get one...

I had a similar experience, trying to get the Dr. Strange 3D steelbook. I guess I waited too long to pre-order it, because when I tried to pre-order it a few days before release, every time I tried to "proceed to checkout," the website kicked the item back out of my cart and said that it was "currently unavailable." So, on the day of release, I went to Best Buy (got there about twenty minutes early) and waited for them to open. There was one guy who was there ahead of me, so I was the second person in the store when it opened. The guy ahead of me was there to get the Dr. Strange steelbook too, but he wasn't looking for the 3D version, so I was the first one in the door, looking for a copy. There were 3 copies of the regular steelbook out for sale and zero copies of the 3D steelbook. I asked a salesperson if there were any available and they said they only got 3 copies in and they were all for customers who had pre-ordered it for store pick up. So from the minute they opened on the day of release, there were zero copies of the 3D steelbook available and 3 copies of the 2D steelbook (all of which were gone by the time I left the store-I'd say within 30 minutes). I ended up just getting the regular 3D edition.

I was actually about to post about this lol. Best Buy emailed me yesterday and said my Dr. Strange 3D steelbook has shipped! I didn't think my backorder would actually come through. In a way I lucked out that the website allowed me to order when they weren't in stock. Otherwise I couldn't have gotten shipping to my house, just store pickup. PO'ing is definitely the way to go, I just wasn't keeping track of what was coming because I've slowed down on buying blu rays.

I was actually about to post about this lol. Best Buy emailed me yesterday and said my Dr. Strange 3D steelbook has shipped! I didn't think my backorder would actually come through. In a way I lucked out that the website allowed me to order when they weren't in stock. Otherwise I couldn't have gotten shipping to my house, just store pickup. PO'ing is definitely the way to go, I just wasn't keeping track of what was coming because I've slowed down on buying blu rays.

Glad you were able to get it. Yeah, I just fell asleep at the switch, when the pre-orders first went up for sale. Its ultimately not that big of a deal to me, but the steelbook did look pretty cool.

The 3D in this is really good.

The 3D in this is really good.

Sweet. We've really gotten to be fans of 3d lately. I've been buying more of em. It arrived minty. [emoji4]

9f6dd65c3bb8c335002784e3e31553ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Zavvi copy of Dr. Strange arrived. Now to decide which one to keep. I prefer domestic releases, but I like the fact that Zavvi has the title on the spine.

29b10ra.jpg

2llle6t.jpg

34igrjq.jpg

Last edited:
Love 3D at home but can't do it at the theatre. It's way better on my setup.

Same here. I think 3D is better at home because the brightness is higher with the shorter projector throw compared to in the movie theater. My theater is outdated at this point because it's not 4k or Atmos capable lol. Someday...

Same here. I think 3D is better at home because the brightness is higher with the shorter projector throw compared to in the movie theater. My theater is outdated at this point because it's not 4k or Atmos capable lol. Someday...

Quit stalling man! You're missing out :)

Quit stalling man! You're missing out :)

I know but it's such a major upgrade it's crazy! I need a new projector, receiver, 4 speakers that I need to cut holes in my ceiling to install...one day. I think that day will come when I can get a native 4K projector for a reasonable price.

I know but it's such a major upgrade it's crazy! I need a new projector, receiver, 4 speakers that I need to cut holes in my ceiling to install...one day. I think that day will come when I can get a native 4K projector for a reasonable price.

Tell me about it! It cost me an arm and a leg to upgrade lol. Mine is not native 4K, it's E-Shift, but it's damn impressive (JVC RS400). I find the HDR to be the better addition than 4K TBH. Many people feel that way also.

Tell me about it! It cost me an arm and a leg to upgrade lol. Mine is not native 4K, it's E-Shift, but it's damn impressive (JVC RS400). I find the HDR to be the better addition than 4K TBH. Many people feel that way also.

That's the pj I've been eyeing for a year or so, the RS400. It feels like the faux 4k is going to be a very short term, transitional tech though. I might wait until native 4k projectors are cheap in a few years, or possibly buy a used JVC in the meantime. I think native 4K will be the norm within a year or two. I use a Benq W1070 with a Lumagen video processor to scale everything to 2:35 and it's hard to justify the upgrade cost. My setup is pretty sweet right now.

That's the pj I've been eyeing for a year or so, the RS400. It feels like the faux 4k is going to be a very short term, transitional tech though. I might wait until native 4k projectors are cheap in a few years, or possibly buy a used JVC in the meantime. I think native 4K will be the norm within a year or two. I use a Benq W1070 with a Lumagen video processor to scale everything to 2:35 and it's hard to justify the upgrade cost. My setup is pretty sweet right now.

Definitely a few years until the native stuff is affordable and up to par on the tech side, which is why I bought this one in the meantime. I usually upgrade every 3 or 4 years anyway, so that's why I got this one as a place holder lol.

I notice the image depth on my 3D TV looks much better than at the theaters, but when it comes to the illusion of the image actually coming out of the screen, theater 3D is sometimes better.

The best 3d I've seen I believe was in Finding Dory. There were moments when it looked like fish were swimming in my room lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best 3d I've seen I believe was in Finding Dory. There were moments when it looked like fish were swimming in my room lol.

I haven't rewatched it in a while, but the Olws of Ga'hoole is probably still one of my favs along with Hugo and Avatar.

My Moana and Strange steelbooks both got here safe. I preordered both when BB had that $25 off 100 promo going on.

My favorite 3D movies at home are when the action goes beyond the black bars on the wider formats. The new Ghostbuster movie has things like that and it really adds to the 3D effect.

Back